The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weapon Tuning

Could be worse though, they could make the tuning platinum rare like the cross guard lightsabers, then tunings would be even more expensive. Frankly i won't bother with them unless they go in collections or are a easier drop, one or the other would make people still buy crates and have them available to others.

I don't see this happening as it will not make EU/Bio any money doing so. They make more money by forcing people to buy more crates in the hopes of getting one.

You think? They are already quite desirable and drop rate is extremely low. Getting an ability to legacy-buy them wouldn't hurt.

• 7 months later...
I'm pretty sure BW said when they were first released that they would not be Collectable.

BUT, BW also said they weren't going to put them in collectibles, but the tunings would Bind On Legacy so you can move them around to your heroes on the server. Instead, they are simply bind. That adds up quick if you want the same look on multiple characters.

BUT, BW also said they weren't going to put them in collectibles, but the tunings would Bind On Legacy so you can move them around to your heroes on the server. Instead, they are simply bind. That adds up quick if you want the same look on multiple characters.

If you want to *move* it to another character, Legacy Bound weapons are what you need.

And yes, it's expensive to have them on multiple characters. I wasn't saying it wasn't. I was just saying why we are unlikely to ever see Collectionsable tunings.

I don't recall BW saying that the tunings would be BOL.

They did say that tunings could be removed from weapons and moved between characters, but I don't think they ever gave any indication that those tunings could be moved directly and without the use of legacy weapons.

Now, BW is even giving legacy weapons at the end of the starter planets for every class expect powertech and mercenary, which are apparently either bugged or were forgotten.

I don't recall BW saying that the tunings would be BOL.

They did say that tunings could be removed from weapons and moved between characters, but I don't think they ever gave any indication that those tunings could be moved directly and without the use of legacy weapons.

Now, BW is even giving legacy weapons at the end of the starter planets for every class expect powertech and mercenary, which are apparently either bugged or were forgotten.

So to move them between characters, you have to put the tuning in a legacy weapon, then move that legacy weapon to the other character? And then to have that character put it in a weapon they want, they have to remove it from the legacy weapon. That is just a lot of mechanics to move the tuning. Why do tunings Bind instead of Bind On Legacy? At least then you could simply move the tuning between characters like they promised (yet, they didn't explicitly state that tunings would be bind on legacy, they said you could move them between your characters. As of right now, you can't directly move a bound tuning. You have to do this workaround.

I still think they should be in the collections. But yes, you are all correct. My statement that you couldn't move tunings between characters is untrue. I had no idea about the awkward work around.

So to move them between characters, you have to put the tuning in a legacy weapon, then move that legacy weapon to the other character? And then to have that character put it in a weapon they want, they have to remove it from the legacy weapon. That is just a lot of mechanics to move the tuning. Why do tunings Bind instead of Bind On Legacy? At least then you could simply move the tuning between characters like they promised (yet, they didn't explicitly state that tunings would be bind on legacy, they said you could move them between your characters. As of right now, you can't directly move a bound tuning. You have to do this workaround.

I still think they should be in the collections. But yes, you are all correct. My statement that you couldn't move tunings between characters is untrue. I had no idea about the awkward work around.

The workaround is the same one that you have had to use for armorings and other modifications since they first introduced legacy bound moddable gear. Before that, once a modification was bound, you were stuck with it on that character.

The workaround is the same one that you have had to use for armorings and other modifications since they first introduced legacy bound moddable gear. Before that, once a modification was bound, you were stuck with it on that character.

Didn't know that. I bought the game when it first came out, was a founder, but only played about a month until World of Warcraft Cataclysm came out, and I put the game away until about 2 months ago. I assumed my bound armorings were bound to that character...