can't seem to summon Bowdaar?

jamiemcd

Same here.

On my smuggler character, I got Bowdaar to influence rank 50 just after we learned he would be the recruitable companion with the Eternal Championship when it was first announced, so before it was delayed for several chapters, i.e. just after the New Year.

I decided to do the KOTFE story on my smuggler on Saturday night, June 5th, so after Chapter 14 went live and long after the Eternal Championship and the Freedom Fight alliance alert mission was live.

I went through the entire mission, fighting with Bowdaar in the final mission to free the slaves, and he joined the Alliance (rejoined my crew). I completed the mission all through the final conversation with Hylo Visz. In the Interactions section of the window, it states Bowdaar has agreed to join my alliance. However, he remains in the "Contacts" section, not under "Followers." If I choose "Travel to Contact," it brings me to the smuggler's hangar of my base but there is no Bowdaar NPC there. Bowdaar is no longer in the Platform 6 cantina on Zakuul either. I cannot summon him nor can I use him for crew skills. This is incredibly disappointing as my time and investment into getting him to rank 50 is for nought if he cannot be summoned or used in crew skills.

There's a couple other threads about the same bug:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884992

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8959248

They're all from folks doing the alliance alert this week, but some don't specify if they are smugglers or if they had him at rank 50 or not.

So, even though it wasn't in the patch notes, I am now able to summon Bowdaar on my smuggler.

Can anyone else confirm its been fixed? Of note, on another character where i had started to speak with Bowdaar but not completed the influence grind via the EC, the mission appears to have been reset.

Edited by phalczen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...