The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gambling Kills Loyalty: Why Subs Should be Able to Buy "Pack" Contents Outright

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss in revenue caused by decreased pack and hypercrate sales would have to be made up in the direct purchase cost of that vented lightsaber. If people are buying 3 or 4 hypercrates to get that lightsaber, then BW would "lose" the revenue from 3 or 4 hypercrates.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. Do people really buy 3-4 hypercrates to get a specific item? That's spending around $120 for an item that doesn't even exist and might be replaced by a better item a month later, right? Do people really have that much money to blow on virtual reality? I must be the "poor cousin" of the SWTOR universe.

• 1 month later...

I stupidly bought 82$ in CC to get an armour set advertised as I can get the Revan set but ended up with numerous other crap I didn't want now I'm stuck with them, I got every member of the old knights games 2-4 times each but not the one I wanted or that was advertised as I can get,,feel like ive ben raped with out the Ky,

thanks BW

I stupidly bought 82$ in CC to get an armour set advertised as I can get the Revan set but ended up with numerous other crap I didn't want now I'm stuck with them, I got every member of the old knights games 2-4 times each but not the one I wanted or that was advertised as I can get,,feel like ive ben raped with out the Ky,

thanks BW

Sorry to hear that man. :( Perhaps you can find somebody willing to do a trade. There may be someone out there in the same boat as you, who was hoping for one of the sets that you got and got Revan instead.

the few people who replied simply laughed , told me off, or just wrote in caps till I simply stopped reading. I got caught up in the frenzy of the moment till I realized I bought 2 packs of cartel coins at 42$ each I woke up too late..yes my fault.

Andrew

Why do Ferrari or Bentley need to "change"?

Why does BW need to "change"? Because some players feel entitled to have every new shiny LUXURY without having to do what is necessary to obtain that item legitimately? That is not a compelling reason, IMO.

Ferrari is owned by Fiat, Bentley is owned by Volkswagen, they had to change because they went bankrupt.

the few people who replied simply laughed , told me off, or just wrote in caps till I simply stopped reading. I got caught up in the frenzy of the moment till I realized I bought 2 packs of cartel coins at 42$ each I woke up too late..yes my fault.

Andrew

:( You have my sympathy.

Don't be too hard on yourself. RNG boxes are purposefully designed so that you won't think about how much you're spending.