The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Increased super-rare drop rate for subs

As an incentive to get people to sub to the game (as well as keep people subbed), I'd like to suggest that super-rare items from things such as packs have an increased chance of success over those who are not subscribers.

Now before any non-sub starts claiming bias, I'd like to state that it would not be effecting the current drop rate for non-subbed players, only increasing it for subscribers. And lets face it, the dev's want players to subscribe, and any incentive to further that goal is a good one, imo.

As an incentive to get people to sub to the game (as well as keep people subbed), I'd like to suggest that super-rare items from things such as packs have an increased chance of success over those who are not subscribers.

Now before any non-sub starts claiming bias, I'd like to state that it would not be effecting the current drop rate for non-subbed players, only increasing it for subscribers. And lets face it, the dev's want players to subscribe, and any incentive to further that goal is a good one, imo.

/signed

This is a very good idea or increase the drops from flashpoints and the like as well.

It will give more reasons to subscribe...

But...

/sigh

Im affraid it will never happen. Bioware are too greedy to give away this "milk farm" :(

I doubt they would either Kings, even if it did offer them more subscribers and people interested in buying more from the cartel market.

Edited by Nika_Alexandrov

Signed. For the simple reason, that I can't get the nice things anymore...I have no luck with the boxes and cubes, I get rubbish...and the nicer things are so outpriced I can't get them off the gtn anymore either. It makes things suck, if you can't get some of the cool stuff. :)

I am going to take a guess that there is a major flaw in your suggestion. I would be willing to bet that the majority of CM sales, including packs and hypercrates, is to subs.

I just can't imagine there are a large number of preferred (f2p) players spending $30+ a month on CC's. For one, if you were going to give BW that much money a month, you'd be better of subbing. Second, what is the point of selling a rare item for 30mil credits if 29.7mil credits are going to be immediately locked up in a vault until you pay to get them out in little chunks.

TL;DR - Subs already buy the vast majority of CC's, not f2p/pref.

While this sounds like a good idea in principle and would be a nice subscriber perk, overall the items still have to be super rare so the increase in drop can only really be about a 2-3% increase as if you introduce too many super-rare items into the game then it looses the value of it being super-rare.

The stuff that we get for subbing is /crappy/ sub rewards, when we should a higher drop rate of rare items.

This would stop the prices on the GTN being so high. But of course, they won't listen to us.

/Signed