The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Character customization?

Fiqh

So I saw an armor set that I liked. I thought to myself I should get that for my vanguard. I figure I would tailor the color to my liking and make is personal so I don't look like the next player who has the set. I march over to the GTN to look it up and there it is. I get excited. But my excitement is short lived. Gloom engulf my senses as I see the price. 250 million credits for the chest piece! Sigh. I do daily's, weekly's, Ops, heorics ect ect. And sell the little stims I craft that rarely sell on the gtn. At the rate I am going in about 4 years I will be able to buy the belt for the set. My question is:

Is there a way to buy this cartel market item or pack it comes in directly from the CM instead of Martin Shkreli of the GTN?

Edited by Fiqh

You're going about it the wrong way. If you want to make credits the hard way, do full group heroic runs. You can make 3-4 million in an hour. I wouldn't bother with flashpoints and operations for credits, unless you're planning on entering the crafting scene. Use your ultimate commendations to buy 220 gear. You can reverse engineer the dps armorings, hilts and barrels and the tank armorings and mods (currently 220 comms gear tank mods are the best for hm and nim raiding). On my server the 220 tank armorings are going for 2 million credits and they do sell, trust me. I got a guildie that made 10 million in half an hour. If endgame crafting is too tough for you, do grade 9 attachments. I usually make around 400k from a single batch, and that's not counting the crits my companions make.

That said, I would never pay 250 million for a single item. Heck, I wouldn't even pay 25 million. I'm pretty sure the guy put the item as a joke (there was one person on TRE that kept putting Revan's mask for 1 billion credits).

Edited by starwarsfansix