The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add the old "equipment" sets to Collections!

Ever notice how some awesome sets like The Pathfinder's set, the Outlaw's set, and the Huttsbane's set aren't in collections?

I think the reason that they aren't is because they come with level 30 ish purple mods in them. Which you could potentially sell to make money if you were to be able to claim the set with collections, but.. why not just remove the mods?

No one is buying these sets as leveling gear anymore. All the mods do is make it to where we can't unlock these sets in our collections, which is really annoying.

It really sucks to either spend 15 bucks or millions of credits to buy the Outlaw's boots whenever I want them, even though I've already bought the set like 3 times now. Please, Bioware. Remove the mods from these sets and make them level 1 oranges like all the other cartel gear, and put them in collections.

Ever notice how some awesome sets like The Pathfinder's set, the Outlaw's set, and the Huttsbane's set aren't in collections?

I think the reason that they aren't is because they come with level 30 ish purple mods in them. Which you could potentially sell to make money if you were to be able to claim the set with collections, but.. why not just remove the mods?

No one is buying these sets as leveling gear anymore. All the mods do is make it to where we can't unlock these sets in our collections, which is really annoying.

It really sucks to either spend 15 bucks or millions of credits to buy the Outlaw's boots whenever I want them, even though I've already bought the set like 3 times now. Please, Bioware. Remove the mods from these sets and make them level 1 oranges like all the other cartel gear, and put them in collections.

Maybe give the level 1 empty orange sets slightly different names, like the pathseeker's armor, renegade's outfit and Hutts' scourge armor.

That way the level 30 armor sets with the mods can be left as they are for those that may still want to purchase them.

Maybe give the level 1 empty orange sets slightly different names, like the pathseeker's armor, renegade's outfit and Hutts' scourge armor.

That way the level 30 armor sets with the mods can be left as they are for those that may still want to purchase them.

I'm sorry, but IMO, there's really no reason to have the mods in them. Gearing while leveling is mostly irrelevant, hell, you can stay in level 10 gear from 10-65 if you just do tacticals, and if you're solo questing, you get MORE than enough data crystals to afford full sets of mods (2 crystals each) every 5 levels or so.

I'm sorry, but IMO, there's really no reason to have the mods in them. Gearing while leveling is mostly irrelevant, hell, you can stay in level 10 gear from 10-65 if you just do tacticals, and if you're solo questing, you get MORE than enough data crystals to afford full sets of mods (2 crystals each) every 5 levels or so.

What does it hurt to leave an option that is already available in place, though? Some people may still want to make use of that option. I see no reason to take it away fro those that may want to use it when there is a reasonable alternative available.

It that name of a set THAT important? I don't think having a pathfinder's armor set with mods and a pathseeker's armor set without mods should be an issue if both sets look the same. That is just my opinion, though.

Edited by Ratajack

I don't know if it would be a complicated coding issue of anything, but I would just want to see the current versions left as is, with the "reclaim" button then just giving you a mod-free shell.

It is definitely something I would like to see added to the Collections.

I don't know if it would be a complicated coding issue of anything, but I would just want to see the current versions left as is, with the "reclaim" button then just giving you a mod-free shell.

It is definitely something I would like to see added to the Collections.

That's another option. Regardless of how they do it, I just want my damn outlaw's set unlocked in the collections. >:(

What does it hurt to leave an option that is already available in place, though? Some people may still want to make use of that option. I see no reason to take it away fro those that may want to use it when there is a reasonable alternative available.

It that name of a set THAT important? I don't think having a pathfinder's armor set with mods and a pathseeker's armor set without mods should be an issue if both sets look the same. That is just my opinion, though.

Well, this game already suffers quite a bit from "reskins", and adding more variants of the same stuff just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Well, this game already suffers quite a bit from "reskins", and adding more variants of the same stuff just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

If you want to call the exact same look, only without the mods a "reskin", you can do so.

If those outfits with mods are still selling, then I doubt BW will remove the outfits with mods from the CM or "change" them to empty orange shells. Since they are still showing up on the GTN, I would imagine that they are still selling, though.

If it comes down to a choice of being able to unlock a "reskin" in collections or having to purchase a new "original" set every time you want one for another character, which is the better option?

That is not to say that it will come to those options, or even that BW will make those looks available by any other means. That is a decision that only BW can make.