Guild Naming Issue

DarthLPolk

When the character naming was updated to allow the inclusion of spaces, I believe the new naming rules (3 characters before or after a space) has bled into the naming of guilds. For example IX Dread Guard or something that that uses 2 characters before or after a space in the name. I've done several tests with this to make sure that it's not just the name being taken, and I was unable to create any guild with 2 characters before or after a space. I don't believe this was an intended result of the new naming rules and would like to bring this to the attention of the development team.

-Lpolk

There is some other glitch here as well. Lots of names read as 'unavailable' when they are in fact, available. This applies to naming Guildships as well.

I believe the "Unavailable" error means you're using a restricted term or name. if you skim the legal links at the bottom of this page, one of them has a long list of what terms and name you can't use.

I believe the "Unavailable" error means you're using a restricted term or name. if you skim the legal links at the bottom of this page, one of them has a long list of what terms and name you can't use.

So, you're saying that "Phoenix Ascendant" "The Phoenix Ascendant" and "Fang of the Krayt" are not okay, when "lollipop" is?

Yes, I don't think so. There is a bug somewhere.

Edited by Kintosi

• 1 month later...
I agree that there is a bug. We have been trying to create guild names with 2 or 3 spaces in the name and they constantly come up as Unavailable even though we are pretty sure those guilds don't exist at all in the game.

It seems that any name of guild that contains a word shorter than 3 letters is automatically considered ''Unavailable'' during guild creation, although many current guilds names have ''of'',''no'', ''a'' or ''in'' in them.

Can we get response from developers ?

• 3 months later...
Just tried to rename our Imperial side guild to fall into line with the name for our pub side guild "Operatives of the Silver Dawn" and our multi-game guild "Order of the Silver Dragons". But am getting a response that name is not available and it does use "of" in it. I put in a ticket, let's see how long until I get a response.