THE LATEST ROUND OF SPAM MAIL, Just straight up ridiculous.

Shfinky

About 5-10 mails per day on Progenitor.

My average on Progenitor is still 3. Sure sometimes 5-6 but sometimes just 1. As someone who has characters on all but two servers I don't see why you lot seem to get on average 3-7 more than me per day on any given server.

What are you doing adding some to make a point?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My average on Progenitor is still 3. Sure sometimes 5-6 but sometimes just 1. As someone who has characters on all but two servers I don't see why you lot seem to get on average 3-7 more than me per day on any given server.

What are you doing adding some to make a point?

No. I'm sure not. I have no idea how this nonsense works. I just know what I contend with on a daily basis. I don't really care all that much, it's one of those "oh it'd be nice if there were a way to deal with this aside from how it is now but I'm not going to chuck all my toys out of the pram if I don't get it:

That's a huge assumption on your part. They would have zero reason to abandon a list, just add to it. Even if a player quits the game the characters they had are still there.

As said it may only work on new characters AFTER such a feature was implemented. Even then spammer would find ways. You even give two ways yourself. There are others.

They are a business. And mail spam is a manual process since they can't run mods in game to automate it. Hence, if they get zero responses from character x over time period y.... they will at some point purge character x from their list. If they don't they are just hurting their own productivity.

Further, I bet that they are actually hiring other players to collect the mail lists and then spam the mail lists using throw away accounts. They really don't do much of the work anymore because they have plenty of players looking to monetize their game play that they can hire.

My assumption is much more credible then yours, IMO. And.. evidence on my characters supports my assumption. I'm getting almost no mail spam at the moment on my many characters. That will likely stay true until another RMT builds a fresh farmed list and starts the process all over again.

Edited by Andryah

I've already posted about spam in game mail a few times both n the general forum and the suggestions forum.

Bioware please, please, please, address this issue. The latest round of spam mail now has the a title that says it comes from you!

So of course you click it. Its bad enough that we waste time seeking out a mail box when, only to find that it isn't about our latest GTN sales, trades with other players, guild notification, nice Bioware gift or our companions telling us they love us! But some scam douche bag selling credits and GTN packs.

The in game mail needs fixing so we only receive mail from

1. Friends.

3. Guildee's.

4. Bioware.

5. Legacy Alt characters.

6. GTN

Fix the mail system please.

Hai Frand ! $0.70 per million at http://www.instertstupidnamehere.com ! fast delivery

On JC, if that matters, I get at least 3 or 4 per day over 8 frequently played characters.

Weekends are even worse.

Weird; if I get 3 a week per alt, that's a busy week of reporting. And I cycle through my alts daily for one reason or another. On JC. And I've got a couple of alts that have been busy on GTN recently, holding garage sales of junk that's been accumulating in my holds.

My curiosity as to how the targeting and spam filtering work and interact is piqued. Alas, it'll have to go commit felinicide or something, because it's never going to get satisfactory answers there.

Weird; if I get 3 a week per alt, that's a busy week of reporting. And I cycle through my alts daily for one reason or another. On JC. And I've got a couple of alts that have been busy on GTN recently, holding garage sales of junk that's been accumulating in my holds.

My curiosity as to how the targeting and spam filtering work and interact is piqued. Alas, it'll have to go commit felinicide or something, because it's never going to get satisfactory answers there.

Mine too. Given what you're saying as compared to what I'm experiencing there has to be a reason. Damned if I can see it though. Just cleaned out 3 more on my Jedi Guardian.

Mine too. Given what you're saying as compared to what I'm experiencing there has to be a reason. Damned if I can see it though. Just cleaned out 3 more on my Jedi Guardian.

My guess is that there are a couple of things at play. First, they are watching the chat windows, checking to see if someone is actively participating in discussions, which would indicate an engaged player. They also seem to check the GTN for player activity. I typically am not on fleet, so I don't get a lot of spam mail. I do notice that if I put something for sale on the GTN I get an increase in spam.

So, my theory is they factor in if you are online, if you are actively participating in chat discussion and/or GTN activity.

My guess is that there are a couple of things at play. First, they are watching the chat windows, checking to see if someone is actively participating in discussions, which would indicate an engaged player. They also seem to check the GTN for player activity. I typically am not on fleet, so I don't get a lot of spam mail. I do notice that if I put something for sale on the GTN I get an increase in spam.

So, my theory is they factor in if you are online, if you are actively participating in chat discussion and/or GTN activity.

Well, that wouldn't apply for me. I pretty much never "speak" in any chat aside from /g or a group. And same with GTN, I avoid it. I think I put some stuff up once a couple months back, though. So maybe I got snagged in a scoop then?

I hadn't logged on a character in so long I had all my companions' clothes in a mail. This was this week. There was immediately a brand new message from a spammer that I reported months ago on other characters. There was no chat activity. There was no GTN activity on this character. Granted a spammer for a particular site does hit my other characters that use the GTN, but that wasn't what happened here.

Edited by aceite

Welp, it was just my theory and observations. Since I don't get a lot of spam mails, I can only make an observation. So I guess you guys are just unlucky or something.

Cursed, I tell you! Cursed! ;)

My best guess is a /who and then collated and put to use. That's the only thing that fits my being spammed.

Cursed, I tell you! Cursed! ;)

My best guess is a /who and then collated and put to use. That's the only thing that fits my being spammed.

or they have it out for you guys, I better watch myself...they're watching me, aren't they? I'd better hide.

I know, I'll hide out on Ilum, no one goes to Ilum.

WTS: Tin Foil helm, PST.

I'LL TAKE IT!

Erm, I mean, uh, what?

On a side note, this mocha cheesecake with crushed oreo crust should not taste this good.

Now, about that tin foil hat, does it block my alpha waves from being read by spammers?

I'LL TAKE IT!

Erm, I mean, uh, what?

On a side note, this mocha cheesecake with crushed oreo crust should not taste this good.

Now, about that tin foil hat, does it block my alpha waves from being read by spammers?

Damn and blast you! I have nothing of that deliciousness in the place. Somehow hard-boiled eggs or bell peppers just doesn't compete. Shops tomorrow for me.

Off to log in a couple other chars and see how much they got "noticed". Feh!

Damn and blast you! I have nothing of that deliciousness in the place. Somehow hard-boiled eggs or bell peppers just doesn't compete. Shops tomorrow for me.

Off to log in a couple other chars and see how much they got "noticed". Feh!

May you be noticed logging in as much as a hillbilly is noticed at Walmart.

I don't play as nice. I've been reporting them all for harassment (since they're all unwanted messages) so some useless CSR has to put eyeballs on a ticket instead of it going thru the automated recycle bin. HEY MUSCO! What's my score up to?

I'm sorry if I hurt someone's feelings by calling CSR folks useless. Would you prefer brown-noser or butt snorkeler?

Honestly, the only time I have seen that many was when I took maybe a 6 month break. Usually play a couple times a week nowadays, most I see are maybe 4, and half of them all ready say user deleted.

Mail dissipates after 30 days unless it includes special items, so if you got that many, it was within a month.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.