The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Class Changes Coming in Game Update 4.5

EricMusco

You need to manage your resources, just like the other two healing classes. Sorcs still have good sustained, solid burst and awesome mobility. This isn't just about PvP, sorcs being a bottomless well of burst healing was a problem for PvE as well.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to manage your resources, just like the other two healing classes. Sorcs still have good sustained, solid burst and awesome mobility. This isn't just about PvP, sorcs being a bottomless well of burst healing was a problem for PvE as well.

Well... They gonna nerf sorcs healing again. Happy?

Well... They gonna nerf sorcs healing again. Happy?

I haven't said they should get nerfed more, this thread is about the 4.5 changes. Not any information concering 5.0 (which I would not advise to speak about on the Swtor forums, Bioware doesn't seem to like it)

It USED to not be on the gcd. Now it is.

You are thinking in terms of pvp and I'm your enemy. However, in a raid environment, when I am responsible for keeping you alive, you might like that I can SUSTAIN my burst heals long enough so we don't wipe, don't you think?

Of course, I see how this is going. All pvp, pvp, pvp. The fights in raids are LONGER and we need more resources.

Just wait, now that they've upped the costs, next they'll just lower the heals again and we will no longer be viable. Then raid with us..just have fun. Hope you enjoy your repair bill.

In PvP, when I play my sage I still feel awesome compared to my operative. (In pure healing situations anyway). If my operative gets focused, hes probably dead. Still better than a mando/merc (probably, I don't pvp on my mando), but many of their heals are on a timed, easily interruptible cast that only heals at the end, plus they feel the least mobile healing wise.

In PvE, I was still able to pull over 8k ehps in a blood hunt the other day, which I can do on my operative if it's a melee heavy group (aoe galore on operatives). As far as energy problems when sustained go talk to a merc/mando. I'd say post 4.5 nerf my operative has the least energy problems (unless I'm trying to spike something continuously, that's just not something an operative is good at), but sage is next. The constant vindicate proccing is mildly annoying (healing trance on something that doesn't need heals but I need force lol), but I only feel weak in healing on my sage in aoe situations. Cuddle puddles are expensive force wise now. As is, at least relatively speaking, wandering mend. But seeing as wandering mend is one of the most powerful heals in the game, hitting 4 people for large heals instantly as long as you dropped a HoT on something first, I don't mind it being a bit expensive. Low sustained healing is sort of a mando thing I think. Most of their heals go on relatively lengthy CDs and they bump into energy problems relatively quickly if they try. Operatives are probably the king of sustained, but if you drop too low too quickly, it's all like haha I'm sorry but you'll be dead before I can get a bit heal off. Sorry you're dead. Maybe I can stealth rez. Sages are hardly useless. Theres a reason I didn't bring my operative when I healed HM blood hunt/last boss rishi. When everyone is spread out I simply can't spike them all enough. Not an issue on the sage. Who's in worse gear. My operative is mostly 224s fully augmented. My sage is 220/216 combo about 3/4 augmented. And if the group is spread out (like in rishi last boss or in the blood hunt I did) my operative doesn't keep them up while my sage can. Though it's not really too big a deal, sage also has better dps in heal spec than operative, though I'd say mando/merc is probably the best in this category. Dps-ing in heal spec opens you up to more energy problems however, prepare to healing trance for vindicate procs if you do it often.