Serious loss of stats from 190 to 216/208 gear.

Drachehexe

I currently have all my gear (dps) rated at 190. Using data crystals I recently bought (and promptly refunded afterwards) one piece of 216 dps gear and 4 pieces of 208 dps gear. So swapping out 5 pieces of gear that all have positive bonuses should give me increased damage out put, higher critical, etc. However my damage actually dropped by several hundred poi9nts (I think about 350-400) and my critical and accuracy by a couple percent.

I have even notice that a piece of equipment that, say, gives me a bonus of +135 endurance that when I equip the gear my endurance and health actually drop. It has happened with weapons, chest, helmet, gloves, leggings. It has happened from all the different vendors in the war room area. Exiting teh game and logging back it did not do anything. The bug/glitch seems to be permanent.

I think this is a serious problem.

ADDENDUM:

The problem does not appear to affect the items sold by the droid that sells the ear pieces and implants.

I have confirmed this with a second character.

Edited by Drachehexe

I have had this problem since the latest episode was released.

I have purchased armor from the common data crystal vendor on both fleets and on Yavin. Whenever I equip the armor, all of the stats on the character with the new upgraded armor, fall.

Here is a run down of one armor upgrade attempt:

I am replacing:

Yavin Force-Lord's Robe MK-2 (578 armor, +181 mastery, +218 endurance, +105 power, +91 crit). With:

Outlander Force-Lord's Robe MK-4 (674 armor, +297 mastery, +344 endurance, +122 power, +137 crit)

Health goes from 52,074 to 49,577

Armor Rating goes from 3,178 - 2,610

Damage goes from 1,763-2,148 - 1,698-2,083

Crit Chance goes from 24.27% - 22.44%

As you can see all of the stats on the upgraded robe should be improving my character, but they don't.

I have tried taking the armor off and putting it back on. I have tried relogging. This did not fix the problem.

It was suggested on the SWTOR forum that my buffs had expired or that level synch was causing a problem on whichever planet I was on. The buffs were active and except for testing things on Yavin, all of the armor purchases have been carried out on the faction fleets.

It was suggested that I check for augments on the old gear, none of it is augmented.

This bug is account wide, I have tried it on a couple of different servers.

As it stands it is now 9 days since I first hit this bug with the only response from offical support has been that they are looking into the issue.

I'm sure someone will come on and say that the bug isn't stopping me playing, it's only affecting armor. But when the characters buying the armor are close to maxing out on crystals, not being able to spend them (without buying decorations/companion gifts) is stopping me.

It's a bug with the bolster system, not your gear. They also know about it (see the Known Issues of 4.4 thread).

Oh, ok, bolster. Weird that it is affecting non-pvp play.

Edited by Drachehexe

Oh, ok, bolster. I had no idea what that meant. Still kinda don't.

Bolster is a buff you get in PvP and some PvE areas (like story-mode Operations and KOTFE), that buffs your stats to "even the field," as it were. It's not quite as good as having the relevant gear (fully optimized 208's in PvP and fully optimized 220 in PvE), but it's better than a kick in the butt.

Edited by Diviciacus