The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make Packs Collectable

So.. I am going to be selfish for a moment and request that packs that we purchase on the cartel market be made available for purchase from the collection screen when you buy them, even if the pack and items in it are bound. So many times I've gotten close to completion on armor sets only to have the pack become unavailable while at the same time the GTN never seems to have the armor that I need.

So why not make it so that when you purchase a pack or a hypercrate it becomes available for bound repurchase in collections so that you can still access it once it is gone? It would be a money maker I'm sure, though I can see how people who sell unavailable packs and crates or the armor sets in them on the GTN for obscene prices would be livid.. (im looking at you person who has the sith recluse set up for 1,000,000,000 credits)

Edited by Aryalandi

• 2 weeks later...
(im looking at you person who has the sith recluse set up for 1,000,000,000 credits)

I'd report that person, it could be a possible credit exploit, or so I was told by SWTOR when I called and said something to them about Tolak Hord's Armor Set being 1 billion.

I agree but it wont happen, it would cut in to their profits, thats why the removed the FP decoration drops and u only get em from chance cubes now 90% of the time. Money money money greed greed greed

Not precisely, as many packs as they have released and then discontinue, they'd probably make a lot more money with people paying 1000 CC (I don't think any go that high but I bet they'd put the packs that high if they did) per pack, hypercrate, etc. Also, as many people who buy them and sell them on the GTN they are still getting money from that.

I agree but it wont happen, it would cut in to their profits, thats why the removed the FP decoration drops and u only get em from chance cubes now 90% of the time. Money money money greed greed greed

Wait, wait, wait.

thats why the removed the FP decoration drops and u only get em from chance cubes now 90% of the time

Tell me you're joking. Please. I don't want to believe that the statues from Assault on Tython/Korriban Incursion are practically non-existent as drops there.

Anyway, about OP's idea - I wholeheartedly agree with you. Even if there's a lower chance to get the rare items from the unlocked packs, I would love to screw up those guys selling sets for overpriced as **** prices.

Edited by starwarsfansix

So long as the packs you buy from Collections are bought for full whack, I don't see why it would affect their profits.

What it would do, as noted, would be to disturb the rarity of older pack items on the GTN.

(And I'd love a more reliable way to get hold of an Ubrikki Talon so my main can complete her set of Ubrikki speeders.)

Rather than this you would be better off asking for old items to be available for direct purchase but the cartel coin value must be something along the line of that BW sold Xossan's armour for a few months ago. I agree it was a crazy price but probably only fair as you may need to contra a price with potentially lower cartel pack purchases (hey if you know you are going to get what you want a few months down the line you would never bother with gamble packs).

Then again this will never happen, along with all the wantings of Decors / Dyes to be collectable as well, this will never net them profit again in the future if this happened.

I think you might be misunderstanding the request. This isn't like unlocking decos/dyes, where a one-time cost nets unlimited copies. The OP is basically asking for old packs to be made available again. Right now, those old packs are making BW exactly zero $ because they aren't selling them. But if they were made available again, whether via collections (Bound), or just openly available, it would make them money again from people who want to to purchase them, either for the contained items, or to complete their rep grind. Embargoing old packs only profits the hoarders, not BW/EA.

Edited by HeatRacer

If they did release them again they would be the same price as they were in the past no doubting that

To be honest, though, I don't really see a problem with that. The Collections thing is just a convenient way to pick up a few of them, but hardly the only way to do it.

Give pride of place to the newest packs, of course, but including the old ones in the Packs section of the Cartel Market panel would be a viable alternative. (And it would be how I would do it if I were doing it.)

To be honest, though, I don't really see a problem with that. The Collections thing is just a convenient way to pick up a few of them, but hardly the only way to do it.

Give pride of place to the newest packs, of course, but including the old ones in the Packs section of the Cartel Market panel would be a viable alternative. (And it would be how I would do it if I were doing it.)

To say nothing of them making more money by doing that. I mean how many people would love to use their cartel coins to unlock all the packs?

To say nothing of them making more money by doing that. I mean how many people would love to use their cartel coins to unlock all the packs?

I wasn't proposing that. I was proposing initially just to make them available *to*buy* (at the normal price) in the Collections interface, but that's silly. Just list them all in the Packs section of the CM at standard pack/hypercrate prices (including the platinum packs in the ones that had platinum packs) and have done with it.

And I'm a happy bunny! I bought (too many, or maybe just enough) hypercrates and got:

* Vented Dualsabre (sell, I think it looks ridiculous, but someone paid several million for it)

* Three Wicked Huntress Supplementary packs (open one, sell the others)

* One Wicked Huntress Upper pack (open)

* One Vectron doodah speeder with a blaster flourish (use)

* One new droid companion ticket

* A selection of interesting things I hadn't seen before from Chance Cubes

* Some other assorted odds and sods.

And with the proceeds of selling duplicates and stuff, I was able to buy:

* One Wicked Huntress Lower pack (sent with the rest to my DS Sin)

* One Ubrikki Talon !!! I'm happy!

I did not buy:

* Vented Lightsabre. It looks quite cool, but the one available on my server was 18 million, more then five times the price of the dualsabre.

I wasn't proposing that. I was proposing initially just to make them available *to*buy* (at the normal price) in the Collections interface, but that's silly. Just list them all in the Packs section of the CM at standard pack/hypercrate prices (including the platinum packs in the ones that had platinum packs) and have done with it.

And I'm a happy bunny! I bought (too many, or maybe just enough) hypercrates and got:

* Vented Dualsabre (sell, I think it looks ridiculous, but someone paid several million for it)

* Three Wicked Huntress Supplementary packs (open one, sell the others)

* One Wicked Huntress Upper pack (open)

* One Vectron doodah speeder with a blaster flourish (use)

* One new droid companion ticket

* A selection of interesting things I hadn't seen before from Chance Cubes

* Some other assorted odds and sods.

And with the proceeds of selling duplicates and stuff, I was able to buy:

* One Wicked Huntress Lower pack (sent with the rest to my DS Sin)

* One Ubrikki Talon !!! I'm happy!

I did not buy:

* Vented Lightsabre. It looks quite cool, but the one available on my server was 18 million, more then five times the price of the dualsabre.

That's a pretty good take on it great Cynicmeister:)