The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Andeddu shorts are bugged and/or misleading!

So, I bought the darth andeddu shorts instead of the basic women's underwear to save about 2mil credits (3mil vs 5mil). Recently as I put them into a less covered outfit, I've noticed that the dressing room image is incorrect. and on an actual toon is about 3 inches longer. The Basic Womens Underwear set is now 40mil on my server, and I'm stuck with these ugly shorts that weren't what I purchased.

Example image:

http://i.imgur.com/XZ5gzJA.png

The preview has been bugged since they were introduced in the Outer Rim pack, the regal apparel skirt suffers this as well, showing leggings in the preview.

As for the shorts themselves, I bought the basic trunks and top from the esstran vendor and was using them, but after the Andeddu set was released I changed my girls to those as I like them a lot more than the trunks.

Ive wanted real shorts for as long as the game has been around and these are the closest thing we have so far.

I just ran into the same problem with the Darth Andeddu shorts. In the dressing-room preview (and as it turns out in character cutscenes as well) the shorts are shown as dyeing one solid color (the primary color slot). However, in-game, the shorts have a funky, patterned look, and do not dye a solid color. These shorts have become a very expensive item, and had I known that the in-game look did not match the preview/cutscene look, I would not have wasted my creds on them. Please fix the in-game look to match the preview look, and not the other way around (have the shorts actually dye a solid color as shown).

I just ran into the same problem with the Darth Andeddu shorts. In the dressing-room preview (and as it turns out in character cutscenes as well) the shorts are shown as dyeing one solid color (the primary color slot). However, in-game, the shorts have a funky, patterned look, and do not dye a solid color. These shorts have become a very expensive item, and had I known that the in-game look did not match the preview/cutscene look, I would not have wasted my creds on them. Please fix the in-game look to match the preview look, and not the other way around (have the shorts actually dye a solid color as shown).

My Darth Andeddu shorts dyed black/deep red nicely, thanks.

I'm sure they did, and that is good that you were okay with that. Personally, I saw "what was advertised" (the look in the preview) and went for the item based upon that. I doubt I'm alone in this, and would appreciate the change.

OK, but I would NOT appreciate the change because I like the way they look right now.

And the problem lies in the fact that the models used in cut-scenes and in normal game action are NOT the same. Each item has two models, one for cut-scenes and one for normal running around. Evidently the dressing room preview uses the cut-scene model. Evidence: fresh install with BitRaider, do not give it time for a total download, and start a new character. All "native" items for the given starter world will behave normally. Collections gear, however, will not. It will take some time before all of the meshes and textures for them come down, and if you activate a cut-scene during this time you will see:

* The "no texture yet here" colour is an aggressive hot pink in-game, and a dull silvery-grey in cut-scenes.

* Some textures may be present in-game but absent in cut-scenes or vice versa.

* You may have missing meshes in-game that are present in cut-scenes or vice versa, which is where you discover that full-head trooper helmets (e.g. Tactical Infantry) tend to hide the character's head(1), so if the cut-scene mesh for the helmet hasn't come down yet, your character will temporarily change name to Roland (the Headless Thompson Gunner, not the semi-legendary Spanish hero). When I did this, Private Farn was very polite and managed to totally hide his shock at seeing a Havoc Squad sergeant with no head.

(1) Not all head-covering helmets do this, especially open-face ones, which led to my character's mohawk showing through the top of an open-face helmet one time.

I would say that the preview and cutscene model is clearly the intended; the other one seems like a bug.

No. It is clear that the in-game version is the intended one. (It's easy to say, and impossible to justify, whichever way you go on this.)

I'd also observe that the only thing we can definitely say is a bug is that they are not the same.