The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You really need to fix CC Policy. (Hypercrates)

Crittitt

First of all - I don't want to complain over the gambling part, which Im fine with.

It's more the actual content and drop rates.

Since I starting playing again, barely two months ago, I opened three Hypercrates. All of them filled with a big pile of ********. The only worthy drops I got out were the Oberle Siren and the new Stardrive.

Two not even very expansive mounts in three crates. Thats just not worth it at all.

No fancy decoration, no nice or expansive armor... just crap like cybernetic armor sets. The really cheap ones.

So, I just won't buy any Hypercrates anymore, until BioWare is changing something. That works for me. But whats even worse is the credit inflation resulting in this. I can totally understand everyone who says "**** this, Im going to one of this goldsellers"

For Example, when I started playing again the price on the website "MMOGA" was at ~20€ for 20 Mio. Credits. Now you get 40 Mio Credits, for not even 30€. On T3-M4, there are armor Sets like Tulak Hords, Satele Shans or Reborn Revan selling for over 80 Mio. Credits - sometimes the prices drop of course, but mostly they are increasing.

How are casual players supposed to get twice as much money a guild ship would cost, all on their own?

After all, its still some kind of "pay to play" and if I decide (which I have no problem with, if I like the game) to invest even more money on the CC and dont get anything out of it - why shouldnt I consider to invest my money directly into the goldsellers, get the credits and buy what I actually want?

Just to clear things up, I dont have and never will buy from a Goldseller, I know that this is the wrong way to go and would just support the problem, not the solution. But I fully understand everyone who is thinking of doing it.

First of all - I don't want to complain over the gambling part, which Im fine with.

It's more the actual content and drop rates.

Since I starting playing again, barely two months ago, I opened three Hypercrates. All of them filled with a big pile of ********. The only worthy drops I got out were the Oberle Siren and the new Stardrive.

Two not even very expansive mounts in three crates. Thats just not worth it at all.

No fancy decoration, no nice or expansive armor... just crap like cybernetic armor sets. The really cheap ones.

So, I just won't buy any Hypercrates anymore, until BioWare is changing something. That works for me. But whats even worse is the credit inflation resulting in this. I can totally understand everyone who says "**** this, Im going to one of this goldsellers"

For Example, when I started playing again the price on the website "MMOGA" was at ~20€ for 20 Mio. Credits. Now you get 40 Mio Credits, for not even 30€. On T3-M4, there are armor Sets like Tulak Hords, Satele Shans or Reborn Revan selling for over 80 Mio. Credits - sometimes the prices drop of course, but mostly they are increasing.

How are casual players supposed to get twice as much money a guild ship would cost, all on their own?

After all, its still some kind of "pay to play" and if I decide (which I have no problem with, if I like the game) to invest even more money on the CC and dont get anything out of it - why shouldnt I consider to invest my money directly into the goldsellers, get the credits and buy what I actually want?

Just to clear things up, I dont have and never will buy from a Goldseller, I know that this is the wrong way to go and would just support the problem, not the solution. But I fully understand everyone who is thinking of doing it.

This was a conversation on our guild chat last night. The gold farmers are getting all of your revenue. Some guild members talked about how much cheaper it is to pay the gold farmers as opposed to buying your hypercrates. You might want to consider how many of those hypercrates now are only bought with free Cartel Coins.

As the op said I don't buy credits either, because decorative gear isn't my thing, but this is a pretty big issue.