War Hero Cyan, Purple and Magenta crystals.

Altheran

It has been decided to neuter the learning of cyan, purple and magenta color crystals (and other war hero crystals) by either disabling retro engineering, or removing schematic drops early in 4.0...

Fine. We believed you (devs) had plans, or that you were going to debug that.

You had plans after all, and you revamped the crystal acquisition scheme.

You made orange crystals available again (schematics stopped dropping long ago) and that is welcome.

You also made War Hero crystals of basic colors available to the PvP vendors instead of schematics dropping once in a blue moon being the only source, which is a big improvement except for those who sold them for ginormous amounts of credits... Absolutely fine...

Except that Cyan, Purple and Magenta crystals were still out of the radars. Neither classic ones for crafting, neither War Hero ones on the vendor.

At that point people started to wonder. Why this treatment for these colors ?

It happened the plan wasn't finished. We saw with the Eternal Championship what it was.

These formerly PvE content crystals became rewards from one of the vendors...

Except War Hero variants of these three colors.

Now, it's pretty much clear that all plans have been laid. Crafting still get most of them, War Hero are at the PvP vendor, rare colors are on the Championship vendor...

So it's pretty much clear that these three crystals fitting both "War Hero" and "rare color" have no plans laid for them as they have been excluded of both method of acquiring because "the other method was supposed to cover it" (not on PvP vendor because Championship vendor covers the colors, not on the Championship vendor because the the PvP vendor covers expertise)

As a result, those crystals that used to exist, do not anymore (even though War Hero Magenta never existed, but there weren't any reason for so), and there is no plan for them.

Now is the time -I believe- to decide where to put them available in the game again (or for the first time)

Edited by Altheran

I was actually pretty upset to return to the game and find I couldn't make my purple war hero crystal any more. But at least I still have the one in my saber

What do you mean you can't make it anymore? I have the schematic and can still craft it.

Bioware please let cyan and purple war hero crystals remain rare. That's what gives them value. The schematics were available for over 3 years. So it's fair game at this point. If you didn't go after them when available then you have no one to blame other then yourself.

It's weird how so many people suddenly care now that the schematics are no longer available. Where was this energy back when they were obtainable? It seems like people only want stuff once it's no longer available, which proves my point about giving them value.

Edited by watermelonfan

I don't have it available in my color crystal options anymore.

Really? That's really weird. That schematic was never removed from players who already had it. I would contact customer service if I were you because it should still be there. Eric musco said that they are not removing expertise crystal schematics from players who already have them.

Edited by watermelonfan

the schematic may have been moved to a different section in the crafting UI (can't remember what it is called)

I have the schematic. It was never moved. It is still in the color crystal section. So I don't know why this person is having problems.

Edited by watermelonfan

Bioware please let cyan and purple war hero crystals remain rare. That's what gives them value. The schematics were available for over 3 years. So it's fair game at this point. If you didn't go after them when available then you have no one to blame other then yourself.

It's weird how so many people suddenly care now that the schematics are no longer available. Where was this energy back when they were obtainable? It seems like people only want stuff once it's no longer available, which proves my point about giving them value.

Playing the "others are greedy" card, huh ?

Does it usually work ? Because this attempt at disguising your real intent did not work on me.

What would you say to people who :

- were the only ones to have the schematic for a certain variant of the Magenta crystal.

- had the orange schematics before they were removed from the world boss who dropped them.

- enjoyed the exclusivity of being the only one with an expertise blue crystal

You don't care about them, right ? You don't care they all had their little "special" taken by the "grand plan of crystals". You don't care that it wouldn't make sense for these crystal to be the only ones excluded from the plan, even despite being included at first (by removing schematics from dropping)... After all, they weren't the special snowflake that you are.

Guess what : they were no special snowflakes. And so you aren't.

And yes, I mean you. The most greedy here so far.

Admit it. The only reason of that post is that you're only interested in is the profitable situation it puts you in.

Reading you, it's as clear as spring water.

Look at you, asking for no competition to arise.

If you were genuinely uninterested, only advocating for rarity, you would be for a new way to get them. Because as it is, it's not maintaining rarity, it's discontinuing.

As time goes, as crafters and players quit (even if replaced by new ones), the crystals will ultimately disappear.

And once it happens, what will you say ? I'm eager to see your logical reasoning for the color to be banned from PvP.

Let me take care of that. There's no reason. There has never been a reason for Magenta to not exist in War Hero, so there will be no reason for Cyan and Purple to follow that line (like Blue did, and Orange almost did before to be given "rebirth")

Playing the "others are greedy" card, huh ?

Does it usually work ? Because this attempt at disguising your real intent did not work on me.

What would you say to people who :

- were the only ones to have the schematic for a certain variant of the Magenta crystal.

- had the orange schematics before they were removed from the world boss who dropped them.

- enjoyed the exclusivity of being the only one with an expertise blue crystal

You don't care about them, right ? You don't care they all had their little "special" taken by the "grand plan of crystals". You don't care that it wouldn't make sense for these crystal to be the only ones excluded from the plan, even despite being included at first (by removing schematics from dropping)... After all, they weren't the special snowflake that you are.

Guess what : they were no special snowflakes. And so you aren't.

And yes, I mean you. The most greedy here so far.

Admit it. The only reason of that post is that you're only interested in is the profitable situation it puts you in.

Reading you, it's as clear as spring water.

Look at you, asking for no competition to arise.

If you were genuinely uninterested, only advocating for rarity, you would be for a new way to get them. Because as it is, it's not maintaining rarity, it's discontinuing.

As time goes, as crafters and players quit (even if replaced by new ones), the crystals will ultimately disappear.

And once it happens, what will you say ? I'm eager to see your logical reasoning for the color to be banned from PvP.

Let me take care of that. There's no reason. There has never been a reason for Magenta to not exist in War Hero, so there will be no reason for Cyan and Purple to follow that line (like Blue did, and Orange almost did before to be given "rebirth")

I have no problem with the orange and magenta crystals because those were never hard to get back when they were available. And adding the yellow and blue expertise crystals to the pvp vendor is different because those are basic colors. I have the schematic for yellow war hero crystals, and I don't mind it because it is a basic color and therefore shouldn't be hard to get. The Purple and Cyan war hero crystal schematics are different because those are premium colors. They are not basic. People spent a considerable amount of time to get these. People spent hundreds of thousands of warzone comms on boxes in order to get these schematics. So it would be really unfair to put these back in the game. These schematics were available from patch 1.2 - legacy (4/12/2012) to patch 4.0 (10/20/2015). That is well over 3 years. That's almost 3 and a half freaking years. You have no one to blame other than yourself for not taking the time to get them. I really wish that I had taken the time to learn the dread forged armor shell schematics back when they were obtainable. But I am not going to demand that they bring them back just because I did not act on it when I could have. For those of you who learned the dread forged schematics, congratulations and good for you.

And the purple and Cyan war hero crystals will never become extinct because they will always be people to make them. They are plenty of veteran players who love this game enough that they will never leave. So that theory is just silly.

Open up the crew skill, and check for "Archive" pretty sure it was moved there

I have that exact same schematic on my artifice toon. It is still located in the color crystal section. The only crystals that got moved to the archive folder are crystals with less than +41 stat. Any crystal with +41 stat is located in color crystal folder.

How about just asking Bioware to make Artifice worthwhile again?

The crafting in this game is basic at best, to begin with. With cartel stuff, crafting is almost an afterthought. And that's being generous.

How about just asking Bioware to make Artifice worthwhile again?

The crafting in this game is basic at best, to begin with. With cartel stuff, crafting is almost an afterthought. And that's being generous.

They aren't going to make it great again. They purposely made crew skills horrible by removing all the moddable shells along with other great stuff, so they can make more money from the cartel market. Their greed has gotten absolutely redicious. There weren't that many cool looking empty shells for crafters to learn in the first place, but now they took away the little that we could get. Look at what they did with crew skill trainers. They removed all moddable shells from all crew skill trainers. They don't even let us RE operation gear for moddable shells anymore. This is not at all a coincidence. They really are trying to destroy crafting. I am all in favor of having limited time schematics that never come back, but they need to be replaced with new cool moddable shell schematics so there is an incentive for new players to start new crafting skills. And we should always receive an advanced warning in the developer tracker whenever they are being removed for good.

Edited by watermelonfan