Regarding events on TRE.

Sehrpalu

I recently noticed, in the ghost squadron recruitment thread, that people would like to have an event on TRE, and i would definitely like to have an event on TRE myself, i also wouldnt mind organizing one, or help organizing one.

But, my guild isnt exactly GSF focused, nor do we have alot of people who actually play GSF. We do have plenty of space though.

Since i havent ever organized such an event before, i'd like to know if you guys actually want me to organize one, and also what you guys would like the event to be about, at which time/date, for how long, if there should be prizes, etc.

+1

I think a Euro version of super serious would be neat. There are lots of great EU pilots that can't fly on Harbinger because of the lag, so this would be a good alternative.

Edited by RickDagles

Great idea. I'll certainly be there if I can.

What sort of event would appeal to the masses? I'm not a TRE resident (though it may seem otherwise to you guys these days, lol) but if I could make a suggestion: maybe a strike night? The nice thing about strike-only events is that everybody has them. While Clarion and T3 scout events were entertaining, a lot of folks simply don't have those ships unlocked, limiting potential participation.

T1 scout event would be another similar option. Everybody has one.

Stock events are a lot of fun, but getting people to cooperate can be tough. It only takes a couple of non-participants with mastered ships to pretty much ruin a match.

Great idea. I'll certainly be there if I can.

What sort of event would appeal to the masses? I'm not a TRE resident (though it may seem otherwise to you guys these days, lol) but if I could make a suggestion: maybe a strike night? The nice thing about strike-only events is that everybody has them. While Clarion and T3 scout events were entertaining, a lot of folks simply don't have those ships unlocked, limiting potential participation.

T1 scout event would be another similar option. Everybody has one.

Stock events are a lot of fun, but getting people to cooperate can be tough. It only takes a couple of non-participants with mastered ships to pretty much ruin a match.

A strike night seems like a good idea to me, though a t1 scout night is also an option. I wouldnt mind either way, but i think strike night might be the most fun. Perhaps a strikes vs t1 scouts night? :p

Also for the date, how does the 21st of may sound?

Great idea! Love flying on TRE!

I'd recommend having it on a Saturday afternoon/evening (Europe time) if you wish to get more US/Canadian pilots involved due to the time difference.

And my suggestion for the event: Bomber Bonanza! Have always thought a bomber only event would be a blast...literally!

Edited by Roostah

Great idea! Love flying on TRE!

I'd recommend having it on a Saturday afternoon/evening (Europe time) if you wish to get more US/Canadian pilots involved due to the time difference.

And my suggestion for the event: Bomber Bonanza! Have always thought a bomber only event would be a blast...literally!

Well, then the 21st should be perfect, its on a saturday and it could run for most of the evening into the night.

The bomber idea is also a good one, might even be worth bringing a sledgehammer out for that lol.

But i think i'll go with a strike theme for this event, if it turns out to be a succes, i just might hold another event with bombers as the main theme.