The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Start working on Companion Customizations already!

If we can't get to customize our companions' appearance with gear, please start working on some decent customizations for them. Game's getting quite disturbing seeing almost everyone running around with clones of KOTFE characters.

And I really think some customizations would give our KOTFE experience a more personal touch. Specially if you want to give it a second run with an alt and you want to see some different faces taking the stage.

Given they are going the el cheapo route with fixed cutscenes (Kaliyo shows up in default gear in chapter 11 cutscene no matter how you dress her) i imagine they wont do anything with kotfe comps til kotfe is done, if ever.

Does it suck, yep. Do I expect the bare minimum anymore from Bioware anymore? Yup.

If they cared about how companions looked, Lord Scourge and Vector Hylus wouldnt still be wearing bras after 4+ years...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Given they are going the el cheapo route with fixed cutscenes (Kaliyo shows up in default gear in chapter 11 cutscene no matter how you dress her) i imagine they wont do anything with kotfe comps til kotfe is done, if ever..

Well in nearly every other scene we can use customizations and different gear on returning companions, so the only thing that really sticks out are the new companions who don't allow us to change either. They are more like Khem Val, were their gear is actually part of their body model and not something thrown over it.

So in this case we really could use some customizations for them. And while we are at it, another thing sorely needed would be a cross faction vendor for companion customizations. With every returning companion it gets more and more annoying that some customization (not those from the CM or the BoL stuff from THORN) are only available on certain factions. There are about 10+ Dashade customizations for Imperials, but there is only one (the CM one) for Pubs.

And another thing, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but it seems BW has given up on the customizations for CM companions. Before 4.4 and since 4.1 every Chapter rolled out this year brought us one brand new customization for a CM companion, starting with the green one for the Akk dog. Since than we got one for the Nexu and even one for the Probe Droide, but then... it stopped, just before we got one for the Warbot/Gonk Droid. So no customizations planned for the Ginx or QO-77? Seems like it.

• 4 weeks later...
Just minor customization even would be great, a different outfit, hair color, really anything. Even if the customizations aren't visible in cutscenes it would be a quality of life improvement to have fleet and the alliance base not overrun by identical companions.

I agree. I would be satisfied with customizations on the KotFE companions that can't use cosmetic gear.

It's incredibly awkward to see a whole cluster of cloned Theran Shan standing around the GTN at fleet.

It breaks immersion and it's really not appealing.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 months later...
Well my trooperette got to give her Lana some love. Oh, you don't mean that kind... ;) ;)

Lol. No, but its Lana I don't blame you. She's hot. I'm still on debate between her and Ashara Zavros (just because I fall easy for togruta girls) if I ever have to decide who I want to rise my children lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Again your post is excellent and yet another thing that BioWare should have done for us before release. It never fails to astound me how effing lazy they are.

2 years into stronholds and we barely have any decorations or NPC's. Bloody ridiculous. I'd like my Dromund Kaas to look like an Imperial bunker but I can't because there's a total of like 20 imperial/sith decorations and NPC's combined.

This added to how I can't farm Flashpoints solo anymore, has made the game very stale.

I've been holding out for companion customizations and they just haven't shown up. It's boring to see all of these companion clones running around the galaxy. When we could gear our companions we could customize their looks. I miss that.

I've been holding out for companion customizations and they just haven't shown up. It's boring to see all of these companion clones running around the galaxy. When we could gear our companions we could customize their looks. I miss that.

You and me both bro. It's the ONLY reason I refuse to use any of the new companions outside of KotFE. I've spent Waaaaaaaaaaaay to much buying armor sets.... some strictly for companions..... to run around with Lana clone #4,547,928 :mad:

Companion customizations for KOTFE companions are unlikely to happen. For one, Lana, Theron, Koth, Senya, etc. all have a very specific look BioWare has created. Secondly, there is far more detail in their faces than just the cookie cutter companion customization face swaps that are in the base game. Third, it's really expensive to create different looks for these characters, especially if you expect them to be the same quality as the default faces.

I can understand for immersion purposes not having the capacity to change KOTFE companion gear (BioWare probably doesn't want a thousand Lanas running around in slave girl outfits), but making different faces is problematic.