Maybe some of y'all didn't hear me the last time

ryniloym

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am usually after vehicles or decorations. I dislike, a lot, the "mood" stuff and the "emotes" stuff. Some of the armor is good too. I particularly enjoy putting Kaliyo in cybernetic armor. :)

I like the emotes - in the HC I bought today I got Starslide (swtor moonwalk) which is great for my show-off galactic explorer type toon. Also got mood: enraged, which is perfect for my Dark V pureblood sage that's always in a bad mood ; )

My favourite are probably the vehicles though. I got a few speeder bikes for my explorer, a pretty sweet corellian ship-like mount for my smuggler, and a regal tauntaun for that evil character who only rides organic mounts (and another to sell ; ).

I also got Theron Shan's armour set, some pretty crystals, and some nice dyes that I hope sell rather well. Oh, and the Unstable Arbiter's Dualsaber that I've been wanting for my Shadow, and a particularly wicked looking saber for my wicked toon (Descendant's Heirloom or something like that? I've already closed the game).

I think I made out rather well - and almost all of the best stuff came from the 32 chance cubes I got in that crate!

I don't need support. It's a sound bit of advice to people who are unhappy about the drop rate. If they're not unhappy about the drop rate, good for them. This conversation shouldn't concern them. Like, at all. I'm simply reminding people that continuing to do the same thing will cause bioware to continue to do the same thing. Breh.

And DieAlteHexe and I (and others) are here to tell you why that won't work - too many of us are just too happy with what they've done with the packs. I've bought more crates and superpacks since the chance cubes were introduced than any time before. I'm sure I do my part to offset a few naysayers like yourself : )

You sure like to be included in things that you say don't include you, don't you? I'm just going to keep pointing out the ludicrousness of your position.

There are people genuinely upset at being shafted by this. When they get upset at this game, they're upset in the game. Guess who hangs out in this game? Bingo. If they stay happy, I can play happily. If I can offer advice to decrease the unhappiness, I will.

If you like what you get from the boxes, good for you. This isn't a conversation for you because you aren't upset. It really is that simple.

It's really this simple: If you're unhappy with the packs, don't buy them. I have purchased two packs since they went to this format. I made it clear that I was unhappy, and I quit buying them. I did not, however, go on a crusade trying to make everyone like me. When you're providing them with the money to spend, you get a say. Until then, it's on them, and if BW never changes it, then they don't need our money.

I like the emotes - in the HC I bought today I got Starslide (swtor moonwalk) which is great for my show-off galactic explorer type toon. Also got mood: enraged, which is perfect for my Dark V pureblood sage that's always in a bad mood ; )

My favourite are probably the vehicles though. I got a few speeder bikes for my explorer, a pretty sweet corellian ship-like mount for my smuggler, and a regal tauntaun for that evil character who only rides organic mounts (and another to sell ; ).

I also got Theron Shan's armour set, some pretty crystals, and some nice dyes that I hope sell rather well. Oh, and the Unstable Arbiter's Dualsaber that I've been wanting for my Shadow, and a particularly wicked looking saber for my wicked toon (Descendant's Heirloom or something like that? I've already closed the game).

I think I made out rather well - and almost all of the best stuff came from the 32 chance cubes I got in that crate!

And DieAlteHexe and I (and others) are here to tell you why that won't work - too many of us are just too happy with what they've done with the packs. I've bought more crates and superpacks since the chance cubes were introduced than any time before. I'm sure I do my part to offset a few naysayers like yourself : )

Might try my luck again over the weekend. Or I might just buy some decorations since that's what I'm really after at this point. I wish they offered more of a variety on the decorations in the shop. Ah well, hey, I've got enough Zakuulan stuff to furnish an entire SH on its own.

And yes, I'm content to spend my money on frivolous fripperies when the mood strikes. System is fine by me.

I admire the OP's bravado in displaying such a self-centric perspective as to assume that (a) everyone does or should share his opinion, (b) those who don't are willingly submitting to having poo flung in their faces and are not allowed to participate in this discussion (I'm unclear whether it's because the OP cannot withstand opposing opinions or if he just doesn't like sharing a thread with a bunch of poo-faces), © that his advice is at all novel or insightful (You mean to say that if I don't like something, I shouldn't buy it? Mind. Blown), (d) that his post belongs anywhere other than that other Damn You Cartel Pack Drop Rates! Damn You All to Hell! thread, and (e) that he has evinced any characteristics or traits that might induce those who share his opinion to follow him, or to persuade those who do not to agree with him.

Just yesterday, I was discussing some Masters of the Obvious with a friend. Our discussion centered on sports figures: e.g., Magic Johnson dropping that pearl of wisdom that the Lakers ought to try to sign Lebron James and Kevin Durant, and Trent Dilfer literally interrupting a conversation about the NFL to let us know that "You can't win in the NFL if you lose games." I even mentioned that in the most recent edition of the Madden videogame, Phil Simms applies his adroit sports sagacity to explain that, in the context of scoring in a football game, "It's better to be ahead than behind." We decided that Gregg Popovich is less Master of the Obvious and more World's Best Sports Troll when he answers halftime questions from reporters about what his team needs to do in the second half to win by saying, "Score more points than the other team."

And now we know that flushing our CCs into EA/BW's septic tank won't encourage them to change the Packs. I'll ask Mom to embroider that on a pillow for me.

Edited by Thoronmir

*raspberries*

I'm aware my odds of getting good loot suck.

I liked the name "Pillagers Pack", and so bought CCs and bought a hypercrate. Why? Sounded cool, and because I support this game! :)

Got some stuff I wasn't expecting. Added 2-3 new outfits to myself, got some new blasters, new titles, and some emotes/titles from older packs.

All in all, wasn't what I'd call a waste. But we each have differnet values of value apparently. For the $40 I spent, I felt it was worth it when I was all said and done :cool:

I am going to disagree with you . I like the chance cubes. I got some armor I didn't have that I wanted. I also get things I think are nice. Maybe you don't like it and that is fine but there are people that like the way it is now and trying to tell people that like it not to buy it is not going to work.

*raspberries*

I'm aware my odds of getting good loot suck.

I liked the name "Pillagers Pack", and so bought CCs and bought a hypercrate. Why? Sounded cool, and because I support this game! :)

Got some stuff I wasn't expecting. Added 2-3 new outfits to myself, got some new blasters, new titles, and some emotes/titles from older packs.

All in all, wasn't what I'd call a waste. But we each have differnet values of value apparently. For the $40 I spent, I felt it was worth it when I was all said and done :cool:

This is the attitude that the Boycott crowd always overlooks. They focus on the drop rate of a single super-rare item (Arbiter Saber, Tuning, whatever) and assume that a pack offers no value to anyone other than that item. They ignore players who don't even want (or expect) to get that super-rare item and buy the pack to acquire other swag. The notion that someone might view the investment as worthwhile regardless of getting that one item eludes them.

At the end of the say, no one gets to tell me how to spend my money. Well, maybe the IRS has a say every April 15. But no one else.

it would be nice to buy the cool mounts and stuff for cheaper than 20-100 million credits, but then they wouldn't be that cool because everyone would have one.

I personally, could care less for other people's thoughts on whether the items I choose to wear are cool or not, regardless of how expensive or inexpensive the cosmetic items I use might be.

There was someone in General chat the other day saying how they looked like a noob, because they didn't have some popular lightsaber crystal. Seemed really derogatory towards people that do enjoy the less popular cosmetic items.

I'd be all for not having to "gamble" as much, just so I can stylize my appearance with some of the stuff I haven't obtained yet. I'd definitely spend more money in the store if this was the case.

Edited by Gecko_sloth

He should've just said at the onset:

I'm going to post a thread and I don't want anyone who doesn't agree with me to post and if you don't I'll try to rile you and pick a fight.

Ahh, forum PvP, at its lamest. ;)

Not really at all. His comment was not addressed to you as an audience. He is speaking to those complaining that drop rates in packs are terrible and should be changed, yet keep buying the packs anyway. If you're fine with how it is then he LITERALLY wasn't talking to you.

. He is speaking to those complaining that drop rates in packs are terrible and should be changed, yet keep buying the packs anyway. If you're fine with how it is then he LITERALLY wasn't talking to you.

And how, exactly, would he know that the people who are buying the packs are also the ones who are complaining?

For that matter, how, exactly, do you know what his intent was?

It's more likely that the complainers have stopped buying packs, while the rest of us still do. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

And how, exactly, would he know that the people who are buying the packs are also the ones who are complaining?

It's more likely that the complainers have stopped buying packs, while the rest of us still do. :)

Saved me the time. Thanks. :)

How do I know?

If you want Bioware to change the drop rate on the cartel packs, you have to stop buying them.

If you don't want Bioware to change the drop rate, then he isn't talking to you. There was also an entire thread on the front page of GD filled with people complaining about the drop rate. If you don't like it, stop buying them. If you think it's fine, go about your business.

Yes, but the OP is talking as if it's only the complainers who are still buying them. He seems to not quite realize that, even if all those people have already stopped buying them, that may be only a drop in the bucket compared to how many packs they still sell. The entire player base is not going to stop buying packs just because the OP says they should. :cool:

Yes, but the OP is talking as if it's only the complainers who are still buying them. He seems to not quite realize that, even if all those people have already stopped buying them, that may be only a drop in the bucket compared to how many packs they still sell. The entire player base is not going to stop buying packs just because the OP says they should. :cool:

I must be missing the part where he said everyone agreed with him. All I see is the recommendation that you do not buy packs if you don't like the drop rates or BW will not change them. You seem to have taken it upon yourself to infer that everyone should stop buying them regardless of how happy they are with the packs. I have no strong feelings either way, but don't pretend like he is telling you that you are wrong or have to do what he says.

"If you want Bioware to change the drop rate on the cartel packs, you have to stop buying them. If you keep buying two and three crates and then cry about it, guess what? They don't care. They have your money. I want you guys to realize that I'm not saying this to be mean. We're all in the same community here. But you guys keep letting the devs fling poo into your faces and it's got to be tiring."

- quoted for reference.

The only time he mentions people complaining is after they've bought a few crates. Other than that, his post basically suggests that he's speaking to everyone, and that everyone should listen to him (her, it).

If the OP was only talking to the people who complained, he should have said so more clearly. He should also have suggested why he thinks that the complainers are still buying packs.

I haven't actually seen anyone complaining about this lately. Basically the OP seems to be talking out of his rear end.

Edited by JediQuaker

"If you want Bioware to change the drop rate on the cartel packs, you have to stop buying them. If you keep buying two and three crates and then cry about it, guess what? They don't care. They have your money. I want you guys to realize that I'm not saying this to be mean. We're all in the same community here. But you guys keep letting the devs fling poo into your faces and it's got to be tiring."

- quoted for reference.

The only time he mentions people complaining is after they've bought a few crates. Other than that, his post basically suggests that he's speaking to everyone, and that everyone should listen to him (her, it).

I haven't actually seen anyone complaining about this lately.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=881467

If you're fine with how it is then he LITERALLY wasn't talking to you.

Regardless of his intent, he is not having a private conversation with his "chosen audience." This General Discussion forum is open to anyone with internet access and responses are open to anyone subscribed to the game. As such, his audience is anyone who decided to read the post, whether he wants them to or not.

Therefore, by posting here, he has opened a semi-public discussion. At that point, his control is gone. Whether either of you want to artificially restrict the audience afterwards is irrelevant.

By the same token, though, you are free to keep telling people he wasn't talking to them. Like wise, he can keep positing such constructive tidbits as "then this conversation isn't for you. --------> there's the door."

Just don't expect others to take it seriously.

Also, for whatever it is worth, I don't like having a low drop rate on a new item that was supposed to be this great introduction to a new cosmetic feature. I can only hope that later tunings are easier to obtain, preferably in different ways.

Plus, I don't by hypercrates, anyway.

Edited by ZXFiveNineAFour

That being said.

Why should the vocal upset minority be the only ones to post?

Gives the impression that his opinions are the only viewpoint.

Post in a public forum, except people to correct your mis-guided views :)

That being said.

Why should the vocal upset minority be the only ones to post?

Gives the impression that his opinions are the only viewpoint.

Post in a public forum, except people to correct your mis-guided views :)

Ayup.

I think that's what upsets some posters, they want ONLY that which supports their position and anyone who doesn't is usually told to bugger off. Doesn't work that way on boards like this. Shouldn't, for that matter. It's about discussion, not blorting opinions.

Ayup.

I think that's what upsets some posters, they want ONLY that which supports their position and anyone who doesn't is usually told to bugger off. Doesn't work that way on boards like this. Shouldn't, for that matter. It's about discussion, not blorting opinions.

No, what bothers me are people that post in a topic just to give their semi-related opinion. If there was a post about a new vegetarian option at a restaurant, people like you would happily join in to tell them how great the meat is.