The Eternal Championship Sprint Champion

Rhyrax

I'm starting to think the same; this achievement may be bugged. I didn't time my runs so I'm not 100% sure if I was under 15 minutes but out of all the runs, two were close to perfect and about the same length as it took me on the PTS when I got that achievement. At first, I thought they upped the HP or something and that's why it's taking longer, but it may very well be that the achievement is bugged.

How do they time it? I just ran it myself, and checked my parse logs and the total time I spent fighting was about 12 minutes 20 seconds, but the time from start of first fight to end of last is a tad over 15 minutes.

How do they time it? I just ran it myself, and checked my parse logs and the total time I spent fighting was about 12 minutes 20 seconds, but the time from start of first fight to end of last is a tad over 15 minutes.

Good Question. Not entirely sure how it is calculated, however, in the PTS I believe it was counted by total combat time, but even total time from start of the instance to end for me was right around 15 minutes. I figured that it doesn't count when she is announcing for 30 seconds for some of them, but could be wrong I guess.

Based on the PTS, they only counted the combat time, not the total time. (Or more precisely, the time that your quest was on the "Kill ..." step. In some rounds, you'll still be in combat after the boss fight is already over because of the adds)

And I'm thinking that if you counted the total time, not just the boss fights, it'd be impossible to do everything in under 15 minutes but we'll know for sure when they announce the speedrun results.

Edited by Jerba

It's timed the same way they're timing the competition, from when you pick up the mission to when you complete it.

~ Eudoxia

That's not how it worked on the PTS. So if you have any information that can confirm what you're saying that'd be great.

It's timed the same way they're timing the competition, from when you pick up the mission to when you complete it.

~ Eudoxia

Do you have a source for that? Like I mentioned, on the PTS it worked differently, so I'd assume that it's supposed to work like it was on the PTS.

15 minutes from pickup to dropoff certainly seems like a very tight time window. I'm not questioning that someone might get it but I find it unlikely that BioWare intended it like that.

Edited by Jerba

Well I found a video uploaded today on YouTube of someone getting it in his video. The video is about 17 minutes long as well. I cleared it in less than that a few times on my sentinel and still didn't receive the achievement and that was timing it from the second I picked up the mission from the terminal, and as the video below shows you don't have to turn it in at the terminal once you finish it to obtain the achievement.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

I've logged 12:13 combat time over the 10 stages with carnage mara.

With the delays of the introductions every round, from start of stage 1 to end of stage 10 my total time got pushed to 16:53... Damn you Rokka Rey!

I'm wondering if even the travel time to and from the terminal gets added to the chrono? If so, a lot of people are out of it since some got way longer loading times than others...

https://www.twitch.tv/theeho/v/58085543

here's a twitch video of someone doing the sprint achievement. total length is well over 27 minutes! so I'm expecting this is bugged and if so the devs will hopefully fix it soon..

from video it seems that only combat time gets taken into consideration?

Well, been working on some tactics as a Marauder for optimizing times.

In addition, I've won the achievement. Had a mix of 216 and 220 gear, no setpieces on this character yet. Fully augmented gear, however.

Though you don't need ace gear for the 'chievement! Could probably do it in 208 gear if you use a healer through Fight 6 as well.

For optimum time:

#1. Be a DPS. I use a Carnage Marauder.

#2. Have a high-influence melee companion and a high-ranked ranged companion.

Start with melee companion.

Do not recharge (heal skill) after killing the target - dash/rocket boots to the terminal and start the fight, then start healing.

Swap companions at this point if you need to - if you don't need to swap but your companion's health is low, you can dismiss+resummon to full heal them ASAP.

If you still have leftover stacks from using Berserk, cancel that buff via right click in order to use your recharge skill to build up 30 stacks of Fury.

FIRST FIGHT: Arlaia Zayzen. Use Melee DPS Companion

Leap to heal droid, tell your companion to target it as well while you're in the air. Use Berserk, kill it ASAP, then focus down the boss (and tell companion to attack her as well). Use Obfuscate to cut her damage, since it'll be high due to the Damage droid remaining up.

She'll die fast.

SECOND FIGHT: Daruula Grah. Use Melee DPS Companion

Leap to the boss, tell comp to attack him while you're in the air.

Just burn him down, don't stand in poison. Using Smash can give you a small damage-taken reprieve by knocking down the adds.

Don't dash for the terminal as soon as the boss dies - you still need to clear the adds before the fight finishes.

THIRD FIGHT: Gungus Boga. Use Melee DPS Companion.

Leap to boss, tell companion to attack him while you're in the air. Just burn - even when he's in center, just burn. Should kill without much difficulty. Obfuscate/Cloak of Pain if needed, but you should kill before he manages to get Zildrog's Judgement off.

FOURTH FIGHT: Conraad and Chompers. Use Melee DPS Companion.

Leap to Chompers, tell companion to target it while in the air. Burn it down ASAP - as soon as it charges, swap targets and tell companion to target Conraad too. Should kill him before chompers revives.

Obfuscate or Cloak of Pain here.

FIFTH FIGHT: Lanos. Use Melee DPS Companion.

Leap to Lanos, tell comp to target him while in the air. Burn ASAP, use Smash to knock out the shield droids when they pop up, then continue burning Lanos. If companion targets something else, refocus comp on the boss. Should kill before suicide droids pop up.

Will have to kill regular Skytrooper adds, but shield droids will die when Lanos does.

Obfuscate or Cloak of Pain should be enough for defensive buffs - don't use Saber Ward.

SIXTH FIGHT: Breaktown Brawler. Use Melee DPS Companion.

At start of fight, tell companion to attack Crush, while you leap to Ripper.

Activate Heroic Moment+Unity. Obfuscate when Unity runs out, Cloak of pain after that.

Run circles around Ripper in order to avoid damage from the Brawler. Move to a Kolto station when you get low - your companion will need the healing from it, too.

Once Ripper is down, assist companion in killing Crush. When the brawler goes invincible, tell comp to go passive and walk away in order to break the channel, then go back in and continue DPSing.

No stops here - use everything to take him down, but leave at least three kolto stations for the next three fights. Frenzy+Bloodthirst may be good here, too, though haven't tried using it at this fight yet.

SEVENTH FIGHT: Nocturno and Drake. Swap to Ranged DPS Companion. EDIT: Use Melee DPS companion instead, mines don't hurt them!

Move close to Drake while announcer is talking - ranged DPS comp should stun him, allowing you to maximum burn him at the start of the fight before he leaps. Save your leap so you can leap to him after his first jump.

Position self for first mine to hit Nocturno when she charges at you, then just kinda keep that up throughout the fight.

When Drake falls (shouldn't take long), pick up the belt and drop a mine on Nocturno. Hit a Kolto station if you're low, then start burning the boss.

You can use the Utility belt stun (third option) as well as your regular stuns to buy you some healing time if you need it - she hits really hard at this stage, so don't be afraid to use one kolto station.

Don't forget to save your companion when the adds kidnap them - you need that extra damage while the bosses target you. You can play defensive and run away during the Nocturno section and just let your comp finish her off if you're low and want to save kolto stations (which you should - recommend saving two kolto stations for fights 8 and 9).

EIGHTH FIGHT: Little Gut. Use ranged DPS companion.

Start in behind Little Gut while announcer is talking, in order to position your companion.

Then just mega-burn. Feel free to use a kolto station.

Stay outta traps. Burn the first add, ignore the second. Or just ignore adds.

NINTH FIGHT: Doom Droid. Use ranged DPS companion.

While announcer talks, position yourself on the side of the arena, so ranged DPS companion will stay there while you fight. Turn boss around so it won't laser your companion.

Just kinda burn - jump to AZ-B droids to take 'em out, then walk by AZ-A droids to force them to explode. Predation can get you out of a tight spot if you have that "free predation" Utility skill, which you should.

Feel free to use the last Kolto station here.

TENTH FIGHT: Zotar. Use Melee Healing Companion (don't try tank comp - just don't).

Heroic moment before the start, call down the Legacy Orbital Strike when the fight's almost ready to get in some free hits.

Max burn the target, drag away fury mortars so they don't hit your companion. Make sure not to hit Kolto stations with it!

The Walker isn't immune to stuns, but is immune to interrupts. Feel free to stun him to interrupt channels, though!

Once Zotar pops up, burn him as much as you can. He's not immune to interrupts or stuns! Legacy Dirty Kick and Legacy Force Choke do a number on 'im.

When he hops back in, Undying Range and/or Saber Ward through the laser. Should be able to burn him down before his second laser.

Zotar phase 3 in the center - pull out all stops, feel free to frenzy->bloodthirst and use the rest of your defensive buffs here (though not at the same time, of course). Interrupt the boss, too, when he tries to Auto-Pilot the walker, in order to buy more time. Drag fury mortars away from comp.

When the boss dies, burn the walker a bit until he self destructs - if you interrupt the boss appropriately regarding auto-pilot, no little droid adds should have been summoned.

===

Not perfect strategies yet (I think frenzy+bloodthirst may work okay Brawler, though yet to try it there), but hopefully enough to help.

EDIT: Won the achievement! Hoorah!

Updated the Nocturno section a bit.

In general, try to use low-cooldown defensive buffs every fight, so they'll be available in future fights.

I recorded the last five minutes via Nvidia GeForce - trying to upload to Youtube and I can share the final two fights.

EDIT: Video of last two fights now up on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbZOenqA4y0&ab_channel=DerekBaumgartner

Edited by Derejin
Updating info about augs

Followed your tips Derejin, got the timed achievement so a big thanks.

Why did I not think of trying dps companion on the first goes?!?

Had my 19infl comp (Lt. Pierce) in dps, except for 6th and 10th fight where he was healing.

Oh well, doable... be geared, can use adrenals, heroic moments, unity, medpacks, raid buffs, etc.

9:35 combat time, 14:31 time from start of 1 to end of 10. achieve was granted on kill, not at terminal

good luck to others!

p.s: I was on carnage marauder

Thanks for the confirmation that this achievement is in fact available. Now, has anyone gotten it on a class other than a Marauder or Merc? Would be sad if this achievement is restricted only to players of certain classes because other classes have a harder time on the fights. Edited by Jerba

Just did the achiev, and I think the timer starts at the beginning of first fight.

My combat log starts at 18:06:32 (the time I engage first boss) and ends at 18:21:09 (the moment I killed last boss). So it's ~14:40 total. If the timer started the moment I entered the arena it would be way over 15 minutes.

Edited by Fumikovsteel

Is it possible you can only get one achievement at a time? So far on live, in this order, I ran it once as a solo+ with a guildie to see if the 2 person bugs were still there from the pts. (BTW this is really fun to do esp if you both have lvl50 comps, it is hilarious how fast you can plow through the content.) Then I ran it solo in 11m36s parsed combat time. I got the regular achievements when we teamed up and the no death achievement when I solo'd. However no speed run achievement. My guildie friend on his sentinel also got the no-death achievement, but not the sprint champ and he has comparable dps numbers. Gonna try again later today.

PS

Still no alt sponsor token. I demand it. or unlock access to alts who haven't run kotfe.

Is it possible you can only get one achievement at a time?

I doubt it - pretty certain the achievement wouldn't be blocked by another.

My hypothesis: you seem to be logging your combat time, but I do not know if you're trying to optimize your non-combat time.

So, assuming I'm correct: don't heal up after getting a kill - instead, go to the terminal and start the announcer talking, then heal while she talks. :)

Use Mad Dash or Rocket Boots to get to the terminal, since any downtime after a kill is dead air.

If that's all that's needed for ya, then hopefully you'll get the 'chievement!

If that's not it, then... oh well.

Thanks for the confirmation that this achievement is in fact available. Now, has anyone gotten it on a class other than a Marauder or Merc? Would be sad if this achievement is restricted only to players of certain classes because other classes have a harder time on the fights.

I've done what that guy posted above prior to him posting it on my sentinel and couldn't get it. In combat times of 8 Minutes and 30 seconds according to Starparse. I'm running a full 224 DPS set as well + heroic abilities some of the fights are like 12k DPS because of it and they die within 10 seconds or less. So I don't see how I haven't received the achievement. I may run my Marauder through to see if it's class specific, though a friend of mine obtained it on a Guardian DPS character.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

I've done what that guy posted above prior to him posting it on my sentinel and couldn't get it. In combat times of 8 Minutes and 30 seconds according to Starparse. I'm running a full 224 DPS set as well + heroic abilities some of the fights are like 12k DPS because of it and they die within 10 seconds or less. So I don't see how I haven't received the achievement. I may run my Marauder through to see if it's class specific, though a friend of mine obtained it on a Guardian DPS character.

Starparse isnt accurately timing it, just when you are in combat. The timer starts when you engage the first boss, and stops when you get out of combat on the last, all the time in between bosses counts.

Starparse isnt accurately timing it, just when you are in combat. The timer starts when you engage the first boss, and stops when you get out of combat on the last, all the time in between bosses counts.

Doesn't really matter if star parse is off a few seconds or not for in combat time as a whole entire thing. I understand it doesn't track the whole fight from the minute you pull the first boss until the last one. However, the whole instance was still under 15 minutes. From first boss to last. Like I said on the first page, i've timed it from terminal to last boss dead, and landed on 16 minutes. Why wasn't I awarded it then? There is almost 1 minute of time and then some running to the instance, waiting for it to load and then the 30+ second wait on the first bosses dumb announcement. Also most Bosses are dying in 10-15 seconds on most fights, later fights like 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds max. I also don't derp around either between fights and going to the terminal I blade blitz straight to it or rocket boost.

I seriously think its broken, In game i've only seen 1 person with it and it was a marauder in 208s surely he did not complete the entire instance faster than I have in full 224 w/ set bonus, adrenals, etc etc. I also checked to see if that was the only class he had done it on with the other achievement, and it was.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

Doesn't really matter if star parse is off a few seconds or not for in combat time as a whole entire thing. I understand it doesn't track the whole fight from the minute you pull the boss until the last one. However, the whole instance was still under 15 minutes. From first boss to last. Like I said on the first page, i've timed it from terminal to last boss dead, and landed on 16 minutes. Why wasn't I awarded it then? There is almost 1 minute of time and then some running to the instance, waiting for it to load and then the 30+ second wait on the first bosses dumb announcement. Also most Bosses are dying in 10-15 seconds on most fights, later fights like 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds max. I also don't derp around either between fights and going to the terminal I blade blitz straight to it or rocket boost.

The terminal doesnt matter, nothing outside the instance counts. The entire 15 minute speed achievement is inside the instance, you are obviously making a mistake on your timing.

https://www.twitch.tv/theeho/v/58085543

here's a twitch video of someone doing the sprint achievement. total length is well over 27 minutes! so I'm expecting this is bugged and if so the devs will hopefully fix it soon..

Looking at some of the mechanics in the video, this is from the pts. So either this achievement has a weird class dependent bug or they changed the achievement's timing from the pts.

Edited by Britharen