Quick question on the stories after chapter 3

Dawgtide

I have done all 8 through chapter 3, but I am going to do them again. After reading threads here and there I am going in this order to make sense as it has been a couple of years.

Smuggler

Bounty Hunter

Jedi Knight

Sith Warrior

Jedi Consular

Sith Inquisitor

Trooper

Imperial Agent

My question is does the ordering make one bit of difference on the chapters since that time? I am referring to Makeb, Oricon, Shadow of Revan, Rishi, Yavin, Ziost, Knights of the Fallen Empire.

Also feel free to correct my order in the last sentence as I am somewhat ignorant after chapter 3.

I have done all 8 through chapter 3, but I am going to do them again. After reading threads here and there I am going in this order to make sense as it has been a couple of years.

Smuggler

Bounty Hunter

Jedi Knight

Sith Warrior

Jedi Consular

Sith Inquisitor

Trooper

Imperial Agent

My question is does the ordering make one bit of difference on the chapters since that time? I am referring to Makeb, Oricon, Shadow of Revan, Rishi, Yavin, Ziost, Knights of the Fallen Empire.

Also feel free to correct my order in the last sentence as I am somewhat ignorant after chapter 3.

Firstly Rishi and Yavin ARE the Shadow of Revan expansion. But you did miss the "Forged Alliances" prelude to SoR. Ziost is the bridge (for lack of a better word) between SoR and KotFE SWTOR Story Progression: Planets and Flashpoints is a visual timeline of SWTOR up to just before Ziost. after that timeline is Ziost then KotFE.

On to your question...

Makeb has story for each faction that are only loosely intertwined; the Republic is doing their thing and the Empire is doing their thing, there is some commentary from each side asking the general question, "what is the other side doing?" but it never really gets answered. There are some dialogue differences between classes but nothing dramatic.

CZ-198 and Oricon are little more than extended side quests. They are mentioned in conversations after they take place but nothing earth shattering and the story is really no different except pub/imp motivations (e.g. imps usually want to take power for themselves, while pubs want to stop the power at all costs)

Forged Alliances is a set of four soloable FPs depending on which side the order is slightly different. Basically the first two are you attack one world and then go back and defend/reclaim the world that was attacked by the other side. The last two are identical. It might be interesting to play FA in close parallel. I have not done so but now that I think about it, I have an imp and a pub coming up maybe I will do that with those two characters :).

On Rishi the story is EXACTLY the same for all classes. Imps and Pubs again have some minor conversational differences but the plot is identical. There is however a short side quest on Rishi for each class.

From that point on - Yavin, Ziost, and KotFE - the story is all but identical regardless of class; conversation dialogue and choices may vary but not significantly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.