Questions of Light and Dark

TheAresian

I wouldn't say most likely. She wasn't a Sith, but a tool. It is totally thinkable that he didn't make her use the dark side, especially since she seems to be described as a "cold" killer, which brings us to your point that a "light side" user could be considered before. She would have been probably way more loyal and easy to control than a dark side user. And even if she did use the dark side, she probably never needed to rely on the force a lot, she wasn't fighting force users.

Oh, I doubt Palpatine actually forced her to use the dark side, but he probably didn't teach her to use the light side, either. She would have had to teach herself to do that after being taught to use the dark side, but why would she? She was taught by a dark side user, admired said dark side user and seemed to use the Force as a tool and not really consider the philosophical points of it, so it would make sense she would use the dark side, since that tends to be easier to use. And, as far as I know, she's widely considered a dark jedi, which would require her to use the dark side even though she was never sith. Yet she never went nuts.

Interesting enough, you often do not even need these emotions. Many Sith in-game do not really show great anger, unless they follow the example of movieBanner and are simply always angry inside.

Lord Goh from the Assault on Tython Flashpoint (Rep) is an example of that. One of the dialogue options for Jedi mentions that they sense no anger in him.

Lord Goh from the Assault on Tython Flashpoint (Rep) is an example of that. One of the dialogue options for Jedi mentions that they sense no anger in him.

As I said, SWTOR doesn't care about that. You can be a full dark Jedi sociopath, and still get a sit as a master on the council.

Oh, I doubt Palpatine actually forced her to use the dark side, but he probably didn't teach her to use the light side, either. She would have had to teach herself to do that after being taught to use the dark side, but why would she? She was taught by a dark side user, admired said dark side user and seemed to use the Force as a tool and not really consider the philosophical points of it, so it would make sense she would use the dark side, since that tends to be easier to use. And, as far as I know, she's widely considered a dark jedi, which would require her to use the dark side even though she was never sith. Yet she never went nuts.

I never said that you become crazy immediately. As I said, she probably never used the force A LOT.

I never said that you become crazy immediately. As I said, she probably never used the force A LOT.

It's been a couple of years, but I recall her using the Force several times during Allegiance and Choices of One alone. Not to mention that all the Force users seem to have at least a subconcious connection to the Force at all times (since they are able to feel the danger in the Force if someone is i.e. about to shoot at them), so one could argue that a dark side user is, in fact, connected to the dark side all the time.

She didn't want to gather more and more power, though, only maintain the amount needed to get the job done, so one could also argue that it's not the dark side, but the lust for more power that drives people crazy. After all, you channel emotions to use the dark side, so you'd need more and stronger emotions to get more powerful, and having loads of strong emotions could also make you go crazy, no Force needed.

Edited by Seireeni