Characters Locking up.

Uhlbelk

I do not know if anyone else has this issue.

What happens to me is I'm on a character Empire or Republic at some point, not the same per character, the game locks up. ESC does not work, Ctrl..Alt..Del does not work. So I have to restart my computer which means resetting preferences all over again.

Have placed ticket, CS can log on to my characters but I can't.

Been advised to call, which I will do, just find the super slow loading (just this game not anything else I use), the having to get a password everytime I want to access the forums to be irritating at best.

I have played World of Warcraft 11 years, ESO and others and had very good customer service results and never had a game lock up like this.

All in all getting very frustrated.

I do not know if anyone else has this issue.

What happens to me is I'm on a character Empire or Republic at some point, not the same per character, the game locks up. ESC does not work, Ctrl..Alt..Del does not work. So I have to restart my computer which means resetting preferences all over again.

Have placed ticket, CS can log on to my characters but I can't.

Been advised to call, which I will do, just find the super slow loading (just this game not anything else I use), the having to get a password everytime I want to access the forums to be irritating at best.

I have played World of Warcraft 11 years, ESO and others and had very good customer service results and never had a game lock up like this.

All in all getting very frustrated.

I dont see why you have to set all your preferences every-time.

My wifes system tends to just lock up and I have yet to figure out why.

She has to reboot it aka crash it to get it back to normal but all settings remain.

Oddly enough the wife's system is exactly the same as my 10 year old daughters/

They are more AMD 8 Cores 16 gigs of ram the very same video card, same motherboards the only

Difference is the case and power supply.

But hers does this random lock up and it doesnt matter what she is doing.

No errors are reordered, windows isnt telling me anything . The hardware all checks out.

Even the drivers are the very same...

But if it is just SWTOR doing it to you then...well swtor is written very badly on a industry known terrible engine. The Engine is a joke to the industry....

I cant offer help other then reinstall the game...honestly a lot have issues many are long gone...Many will lie to make it sound like you are a idiot...it makes them feel better.

A Intel will run better then a AMD system i have proven that and recorded it....people still poopoo the results lol.

Reinstall the game check all drivers if it still does it...sadly i dont know..

Get a Muscle car and do some drag racing ...I will sell you my 68 Nova It is the fastest player owned car

in swtor...which i will put 10 grand down on that drag race. :) 1/8 or 1/4 i will win...

Least my engine isnt junk like swtors engine . I have a blown 572 , swtor has a flat head 6 cylinder

1500 BHP vs 40 BHP yeah...

Len

Thx had to lol at the engine stuff.

Basically when my character locks up I have to turn the computer off and restart it. So going back into the game I have to reset prefs.

ATM I am supporting 5 adults and 4 grandkids. My 'entertainment' funds are severely limited. So I have a choice $15 a month for World of Warcraft(which I don't like where the game went) Elder Scrolls Online(which is limited in gameplay and content) or SWTOR. SWTOR is not as sandbox as WoW but I enjoy the storylines (Empireside) and the game play.

But as I work 6 days a week I have to free up enough time to spend with a rep to hopefully fix this.

Deleted config. folder and the xfr (I think is what they were called) and movie folder and BitRaider folder. Logged back in, character locked up, got out, checked SWTOR file and yep it's all back again.

Before I head off to work I'll try the redownload game.

Lots of things can cause lockups.

Driver errors.

Punkbuster anti-cheat.

Harddrive malfunction.

Ram not being emptied when they get full.

Unrelated program in the background crashes due to memory problems and causes lockup.

And about 7000 other things.

If the game is running fine on another computer with the same hardware, then it is most likely a program you have running in the background.

Or it may be Auto-Maintainance, it is known to cause weird crashes.

So to date.

A character locks up.

I can start new character and play it. but unknown for how long till it locks up.

Called CS, and have to say very very helpful, but ran launcher repair utility but to no avail yet.

Delete config. movies and so on per forum post, which come right back.

So at a loss for the time being.

Well that tears it.

Removed game from computer et-al. Re-downloaded the game.

Several hours of the standard super slow download speed afforded by BitRaider and I log into the game.

The LAST character I had available a whoopin lvl 5 sorc. locked up on me.

So time to cancel the subscription and move on.

I would recommend fixing the game more so than adding tons of content. From what I have read BitRaider seems to be a major problem.

Much too bad as I enjoyed the game for 2 months.

FTR I have run Disc Cleanup, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Anti-Spybot software.

Addenum. After this I started WoW up again. After not playing for 3 months it took only 15 minutes to update and I was playing. No problems here. So does not look like my comp. or internet is locking up games. For some reason the only problem is with SWTOR.

Edited by Uhlbelk