What class/advanced class would Darth Maul be in this game?

bmmerideth

TPM Maul would have been a Sith Assassin. I think it's fair to say that the SWTOR class is even modeled on him.

Palpatine would be a Sorc.

Vader a Juggernaut.

Yoda is a Sage.

Luke, Ben, and Qui Gon all Guardians.

I think Mace Windu would be a Sent, despite not dual-wielding.

I don't think we see any Shadows in the films.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

TPM Maul would have been a Sith Assassin. I think it's fair to say that the SWTOR class is even modeled on him.

Palpatine would be a Sorc.

Vader a Juggernaut.

Yoda is a Sage.

Luke, Ben, and Qui Gon all Guardians.

I think Mace Windu would be a Sent, despite not dual-wielding.

I don't think we see any Shadows in the films.

Mace Windu was just about everything Light and Dark. Yoda allowed him to dabble with some things most Jedi do not but Windu had tremendous power.

The in the novel when Windu fought Sidious it was some good reading and yes it is CANON.

Windu could do everything he was just under Yoda in Skills and Yoda not only new the light side he also knew the dark side.

Len

There are some rough inspirations. For example it is clear that at some point Darth Maul inspired the Assassin, but it might be more accurate in say that he inspired the use of double bladed sabers in KOTOR, which in turn became the Assassin and Shadow.

Pretty much all of the classes in SWTOR have some kind of root in what was in KOTOR and those that don't are just the opposites to create balance between the factions.

There are some rough inspirations. For example it is clear that at some point Darth Maul inspired the Assassin, but it might be more accurate in say that he inspired the use of double bladed sabers in KOTOR, which in turn became the Assassin and Shadow.

Pretty much all of the classes in SWTOR have some kind of root in what was in KOTOR and those that don't are just the opposites to create balance between the factions.

Pretty much.

Technically, there is no such thing as separate classes in the films. As far as Lucas was concerned at the time the films were made,, I think the only divisions were between Jedi and Sith, light and dark side. Everything else, such as weapon choice, was probably just personal preference rather than the character falling into a separate class of Jedi or Sith than the others.

The separate classes of force users was introduced by the EU, specifically the RPG developed by Wizards of the Coast, because it's an RPG convention that there be several different gameplay classes to choose from.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I was under the impression that Maul was the inspiration for the Sith Assassin advanced class. In fact I had the following ideas of roughly whom each advanced class was based upon. They could have copied various moves and outfits from these characters.

Sith Assassin - Darth Maul

Sith Sorcerer - Emperor Palpatine

Sith Juggernaut - Darth Vader and Malgus

Sith Marauder - no particular person, think they copied the class from KOTOR 2

Powertech - Boba Fett

Mercenary - Jango Fett

Operative - Mara Jade

Sniper - no idea

Jedi Guardian - Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and most of the Jedi in published works

Jedi Sentinel - Ahsoka Tano

Jedi Shadow - Bastila/Satele Shan

Jedi Sage - Yoda

Commando/Vanguard - various prominent clone Troopers from the 501st in the Clone Wars TV series (like Rex, Fives or Echo) and the Republic Commando PC game

Scoundrel - Han Solo and Lando Calrissian

Gunslinger - Han Solo had he actually beaten Gallandro to the draw or Gallandro himself.

EDIT 1: Oh just noticed there was a pretty similar post above, sorry didn't read the whole thread.

EDIT 2: Actually Maul must be an Immortal specced Sith Juggernaut because he sure as hell seems immortal these days...

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Mace Windu was just about everything Light and Dark. Yoda allowed him to dabble with some things most Jedi do not but Windu had tremendous power.

The in the novel when Windu fought Sidious it was some good reading and yes it is CANON.

Windu could do everything he was just under Yoda in Skills and Yoda not only new the light side he also knew the dark side.

Len

Just so you know the novels for the movies are NOT canon. It is very specific. The MOVIES, the 2 cartoons, and everything written/created since 2015. This game does not count because technically it came out in 2012, so you cannot say that its post 2015 and this should count.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_III:_Revenge_of_the_Sith_(novel)

See the legend in the upper right corner and specifically:

"Canonicity

From its publication in 2005 until the canon reboot in 2014, this book, like all other novelizations, was considered part of the Expanded Universe and classified as C-canon. However, Matthew Stover stated in 2006 that George Lucas was closely involved in its editing:

Source: The Official Matthew Woodring Stover Discussion Thread on the Jedi Council Forums (Authors and Artists board; posted by MWStover on 10/18/06 11:25am; accessed April 13, 2013)

Though I did not personally watch him do it, I received from LFL a Word document of Revenge of the Sith with Mr Lucas' edits, which was distinct from the edits I'd already gotten from Sue Rostoni and Howard Roffman and the rest of the LFL crew, and this document was edited in such a detailed fashion that even individual words had been struck off and his preferred replacements inserted, as well as some passages wholly excised and some dialogue replaced with the dialogue from the screenplay. If that's not line-editing, I don't know what is.

What's in that book is there because Mr. Lucas wanted it to be there. What's not in that book is not there because Mr. Lucas wanted it gone.

Period."

You can always dream and wish but that will never make it so.

Just so you know the novels for the movies are NOT canon. It is very specific. The MOVIES, the 2 cartoons, and everything written/created since 2015. This game does not count because technically it came out in 2012, so you cannot say that its post 2015 and this should count.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_III:_Revenge_of_the_Sith_(novel)

See the legend in the upper right corner and specifically:

"Canonicity

From its publication in 2005 until the canon reboot in 2014, this book, like all other novelizations, was considered part of the Expanded Universe and classified as C-canon. However, Matthew Stover stated in 2006 that George Lucas was closely involved in its editing:

Source: The Official Matthew Woodring Stover Discussion Thread on the Jedi Council Forums (Authors and Artists board; posted by MWStover on 10/18/06 11:25am; accessed April 13, 2013)

Though I did not personally watch him do it, I received from LFL a Word document of Revenge of the Sith with Mr Lucas' edits, which was distinct from the edits I'd already gotten from Sue Rostoni and Howard Roffman and the rest of the LFL crew, and this document was edited in such a detailed fashion that even individual words had been struck off and his preferred replacements inserted, as well as some passages wholly excised and some dialogue replaced with the dialogue from the screenplay. If that's not line-editing, I don't know what is.

What's in that book is there because Mr. Lucas wanted it to be there. What's not in that book is not there because Mr. Lucas wanted it gone.

Period."

You can always dream and wish but that will never make it so.

I'm guessing the reason for this is that the Revenge of the Sith novelization (and other book adaptations) make references to other published books. In particular, I think Revenge of the Sith references events and characters from the Clone Wars novels Shatterpoint, Cestus Deception, Jedi Trial and Dark Rendezvous. Canonizing it would make all those other works canon as well.

Just like canonizing this game would make pretty much everything up this point canon, because SWTOR references almost the entire Legends Star Wars history up to this point. Canonizing one source would start a chain reaction of canonization.

Although major elements of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (which is set during/after the events of Revenge of the Sith) were brought into canon in James Luceno's Tarkin novel, so significant canonization did occur from Legends sources around the timeline of Episode III. That is, to my understanding, at any rate.

I recently made a Marauder based on Darth Maul. I chose this class due to the acrobatics in combat and the fact they fight with two blades (even though they are seperated). Watching the combat feels a lot like watching Maul in TPM. Also voice actor is the closest to Maul's voice from TPM. Edited by Simbr

I guess... if one just uses "Mary Sue" to mean "character I don't like."

If by "character I don't like" you mean "survived impossibly" then you are correct.

You can cry "Dark Side of the Force" all you want, but no amount of hate is going to be able to absorb the kinetic energy causing massive blunt-force trauma when his torso and legs hit the bottom of that reactor shaft. Darth Maul in the Clone Wars cartoon should have shown up in a bottle, because he would have liquefied on impact.

Hence, his impossible survival makes him a Mary Sue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.