The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Droid Customizations/Replacements

yca_mtl

Hello,

I'd really to buy a greater variety of droid customizations/replacements in general.

Personally don't care for the art direction on the astromechs or the protocol droids (T7 or C2) so, I'd really like to buy total replacements for them.

For the Astromech I'd like to see designs that look more modern, less primitive and more aesthetically pleasing. I understand that the idea seems to be that this is an earlier time in the Republic's history and this is an attempt to make technology look older, but this is unnecessary as the appearance of something does not have to be inline with how technologically advanced it is. Our civilization is technologically inferior to Star Wars technology presumably, and Apple has no problem making computers more visually appealing than T7, for example.

For the protocol droid, as a minimum, at least give players a customization without the dumb neckbrace. There is a version of this in the game being used for several NPCs but using different textures, so this is a very simple swap. But ideally there is a HUGE variety of protocol droids throughout the StarWars mythos that the art team can draw inspiration from for these.

Ideally, it would be nice if we could completely replace the droids with an even wider variety of droids to our own tastes. I'm sure many players would be happy to buy GNK (Gonk) power droids, LEP-servant (Bunny) droids, Treadmill droids, Mouse droids, Techno-service droids (ala Todo 360) etc as replacements for their droid companions.

This is an untapped market. Please get on this ASAP.