Making alt toons companions in a future update

MadFarflungRock

New to the forum, so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this suggestion, but my idea is that in a future chapter of KOTFE the outlander will return to the carbonite chamber where he/she was imprisoned for 5 years to free 7 other prisoners. These being the other 7 playable stories like the Smuggler, Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior, etc.

They would take on the appearance of any existing character from these classes in your account of your choosing including subclass, armor, and weapons, or default to a random appearance and subclass with the default armor and weapons given when using a lvl 60 player token. You would not be able to customize their armor or weapons at all but you could switch between members of that class in your account at any time (maybe for a credit fee?) Their influence level would be determined by your legacy level, as the maximum is 50 just like the maximum influence level. They could be switched between damage, healer, and tank just like any other companion regardless of their own spec.

This would solve the problem of wondering what happened to all the heroes that didn't become the outlander yet still went missing for 5 years. It would leave the option to kill as many or few of the KOTFE companions as the player wants, as there would be a minimum of 7 unkillable companions left if the player decided to go all out. If your plan is for Lana/Koth/Senya to be the unkillable companions, I know quite a few people including myself who would object. Lana is the tippy top of my kill list when it comes to companions, and there are plenty of haters for Koth and Senya out there as well, but I digress. It would be the ultimate fan service. Letting the player finally live out their dream of the characters they made meeting. Maybe finally add a use for that family tree in legacy. Who knows? Ideally, since I assume the last boss will be an operation with a [sOLO] mode, you'd go in with the 7 of them, setting each to whatever role you want. It'd be pretty cool.

TL;DR: make a player's alt toons a selectable companion in a future KOTFE update.

• 1 month later...
No thank you. If I can't customize my own outfits on my toons (even if they are companions) then no thank you. Sorry I am a bit picky on my own toons. I have spent way too much on getting my characters outfits I like on them.

Idea has potential.

I agree but way too complicated to ever be implemented. Furthermore, the KotFE story is already planned out and well into development...does anyone really think it only takes a month to create a chapter? Think again.

No thank you. If I can't customize my own outfits on my toons (even if they are companions) then no thank you. Sorry I am a bit picky on my own toons. I have spent way too much on getting my characters outfits I like on them.

Actually I had a similar concept a while back, but it was more, you picked one of your toons as the "outlander" then if you had any in the 60-65 range you could have them join in as companions, but more so of the story. Infact if your main delegates a "companion" to go on a mission say sending the trooper if your main is a JC, then you go do the mission as the Trooper while the JC remains at base being the "commander" and you could have more interaction betwen the 8 classes, or say you just want the 4 rep classes.

Some chapters make more sense as a specific class like profit and plunder, makes more sense as a Smuggler or BH than a JK.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the delay, forgot I made this thread. I meant that when they're being used as companions you couldn't customize them. Like if you were on your sage and had your vanguard summoned, you couldn't change the Vanguard's gear, but you could switch to your vanguard and change your vanguard's gear any time you want.

Edited by MadFarflungRock

worst idea ever...

Disagree. I think it has serious potential. I do think it should be limited to which classes you actually have story completion credit for, i.e. if you never finished the Smuggler story none of your characters can free the smuggler from carbonite. I love the idea of them taking on the same appearance as your existing characters and they could make some references to their class stories.

Alternatively I'd be happy just encountering them one at a time throughout KOTET as NPCs just so we can see that, hey, those guys my Agent has almost certainly heard about given their notoriety and what they accomplished are still kickin' it and helping out my alliance on the sidelines. Cool. Or at least some explanation as to certain other notorious figures from the cold war and the ensuing war are confirmed as dead.

Something. I'd take any kind of reference at this point lol.