The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will they ever increase the lvl cap...???

SVoorhees

I know alot of people don't mind the way the game is right now...but I always wonder if they will ever increase the lvl cap and introduce new skill trees for new abilities and moves...this has always been on my mind.

They have increased the cap three times in four years:

started at 50 in 1.x

with 2.0 and RotHC they increased it to 55

with 3.0 and SoR they increased it to 60

with 4.0 and KotFE they increased it to 65

So chances are the next increase will come with 5.0, and based on prior release schedules, it is probably 7 to 8 months away, maybe more.

Probably, but not in the near future would be my guess.

Planets scale you down to their level now.

-And there's no new operations in the foreseeable future, which would provide another tier of gear.

I can't see that there'll be another increase while KotFE is still running. - pushing it out for many months or perhaps a year or so yet.

Most people at >level 60 can get adequate gear from doing stuff at end-game, whether it be PvP, solo or group content. - And more gear and the mats to craft it is available.

I wouldn't say never, but we have probably seen a slowdown in cap increases for now. A level increase is unnecessary for ~90% of the game, ( coz synch) so I don't believe it'll happen anytime soon.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Ohhh okay cool ...cause most games that I played start off 60-65 so I just assumed this was the same..also I asked some people here and there about new skill trees for new abilities what's your thought on that...me personally I believe you should get some new abilities once you hit 65 or the ability to mesh two classes...just my opinion though...

Ohhh okay cool ...cause most games that I played start off 60-65 so I just assumed this was the same..also I asked some people here and there about new skill trees for new abilities what's your thought on that...me personally I believe you should get some new abilities once you hit 65 or the ability to mesh two classes...just my opinion though...

SWTOR new ability model is slightly different. The objective is to make you feel like your character is at its best sooner rather than later. So we tend to get our new active ability at the earliest stage of the new level range. In the case of KotFE we get:

• new active ability at 61 (from class trainer)
  • a new discipline tree ability at 64 (automatic)
  • a new utility slot at 65 (your choice; prior to 4.0 we only got six utilities now we get seven)

Edited by psandak

i wish the max lvl was still 60. it was the perfect level, my biggest fear is that swtor will someday repeat the same mistake that other MMOs have made with setting the level cap way too high up to lvl 90 - 100. it really waters down the whole gameplay experience and makes leveling up feel tedious. dont go higher than 70. im begging you. :rak_01:

i wish the max lvl was still 60. it was the perfect level, my biggest fear is that swtor will someday repeat the same mistake that other MMOs have made with setting the level cap way too high up to lvl 90 - 100. it really waters down the whole gameplay experience and makes leveling up feel tedious. dont go higher than 70. im begging you. :rak_01:

Leveling has been streamlined so much that it really wouldn't matter if the cap was 100.

Dunno what you'd do in Dofus, where the cap is 200. And getting from the beginning of 199 to 200 takes as many XP as getting from the beginning of 1 to the beginning of 199.