The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Metallic Dyes

Shiisa

Don't know if put out there before - but how about a whole range of Metallic dye colours? And mixes with normal colors as well? From gold, silver, bronze, copper, quicksilver/Mercury, and metallic sheens on your regular colors like reds, blues, greens and so on. How awesome could that look?!

And for the love of all Star Wars gods schematics too! And I join my voice to the thousands wanting cartel dyes to be collection bound - yes I'm looking at you black/black.

Is a shame if not possible from a system point of view. I would think the devs would love the idea though as I would say it'd be a certainty people would pay more for them, be it credits OR Cartel.

Maybe something for a future update to any devs that might be scanning through?? :D

I think you'd end up with 3 actual metallic colors being gold, silver, and bronze or copper. I'm sure they could make other mettalic colors but you'd mostly see those three shades if you will. However, placing a mettalic shine to standard colors could work. Metallic red, blue, green, purple, etc.

I couldn't see why this wouldn't be doable from an imaging perspective.

With the current dye system I don't think metallic dyes are possible.

This doesn't even make sense. The properties of the textures are independent of the system used to decide what texture is there.

Illo dicto, I don't think the engine is capable of rendering reflections like that, is it? Is water reflective? I can't remember. I know Neverwinter Nights had reflective metallic colorings, but they were introduced in the second expansions years after the original game. But then it was also built in a different engine than TOR.

I would love if they added new dyes, but not so sure on metallic

FFXIV tried metallic dyes and it just made all gear look awful

Maybe a compromise would be to have metallic colour without the shine effect

So say bright gold but shiny bright

This doesn't even make sense. The properties of the textures are independent of the system used to decide what texture is there.

Illo dicto, I don't think the engine is capable of rendering reflections like that, is it? Is water reflective? I can't remember. I know Neverwinter Nights had reflective metallic colorings, but they were introduced in the second expansions years after the original game. But then it was also built in a different engine than TOR.

M1-4X has a nice, muted, metallic shine to him (especially in cutscenes). Should be possible, however if it's done like M1-4X it likely won't be as pronounced as people would expect.