Crafting Changes, why?

Saryk

Hey guys. I left SWTOR during the crafting changes because of work, I travel a ton. But now I bought myself a new laptop and playing SWTOR again, even when I travel :D

I know a little of what was done, but not why.

Has anyone seen a post or any information as to why these changes happened?

Hey guys. I left SWTOR during the crafting changes because of work, I travel a ton. But now I bought myself a new laptop and playing SWTOR again, even when I travel :D

I know a little of what was done, but not why.

Has anyone seen a post or any information as to why these changes happened?

The reasons are:

• to simplify the system: there are no more branches in RE (green to 3 blue and each blue has 3 to 5 purples...where only one purple is truly desired). Now you craft green components to use in crafting a blue item that can be REed (at a significantly higher chance of success) to get a purple. Furthermore, one can level a skill from 0 to max doing nothing but crafting components if one chooses.
  • and to make crafted equipment more desirable: crafted blues and purples regardless of crafting skill are better than what one can get for data crystals (leveling and end game, crafted equipment is better than data crystals/comms gear in overall stat allocation (total stat points) and stat distribution (what stats the points are in))

That being said, nothing has changed regarding new players and crafting. Crafting is still a credits and time intensive process and is therefore best left for level capped and/or alternate characters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.