Why remove the server pop from the server selection screen?

Newyankalt

Is there any good reason to not have this anymore after having it from day 1?

Seems to me they're just trying to trick new players into rolling on dead servers like PoT5, kinda a low blow to newbies don't you think? They don't even have an option to transfer off PoT5 for free in the new complimentary thing either.

Most likely yes it's in an attempt to get people to roll on other servers but most likely won't matter in a few months time we will likely goto mega servers as of this last patch they have laid thr ground work to make the switch.

trick new players

Trick old players into creating multiple threads on the topic too. ;)

There's a couple threads here saying they certain players are seeing the "complimentary thing" on their My Account backend. I don;t have it on mine but you may want to check your account.

Is there any good reason to not have this anymore after having it from day 1?

Seems to me they're just trying to trick new players into rolling on dead servers like PoT5, kinda a low blow to newbies don't you think? They don't even have an option to transfer off PoT5 for free in the new complimentary thing either.

they are quite obviously hiding the fact that none of the servers have any active players.

Hiding it so well that you can click on the Server Status from the SWTOR.com screen and check it anyway? Pretty darn devious hiding it behind a single click.
did you get an sms notification that there was a post made against bioware?

they haven't updated the website in years. but if you want to take that as a positive go right ahead lol

did you get an sms notification that there was a post made against bioware?

they haven't updated the website in years. but if you want to take that as a positive go right ahead lol

Lol, I didn't realise that was my biggest fan that posted that. How are you doing, Pagy? I hope you're still following my career as closely as you usually do. Once again, I'm really sorry for breaking your heart, but you have got to move on. It's really not healthy, this fixation you have on me.

That they changed the server select screen was probably only because they've added the ability to change between PvP and PvE (sorry to the RP folk, seems you got overlooked for this one. Hope they add that as an option soon.) It was due an overhaul anyway, it still had space for the extra servers they had in place for the start (really hoping you pick up on that to continue the "see, game is obviously dying" thing). It was probably a throwaway decision - "Might as well remove the server population thing, if they want to know they can see it from our main page, anyway."

But, of course, the doom/gloom crowd are jumping to the "Bioware trying to hide it" posts straight away, when a half second of clicking, or that new fangled Google.com thingy people use would show the "statistics" (still don't think you can call the server status as a statistic since it doesn't give any figures or timescales).

Edited by CrazyCT

But, of course, the doom/gloom crowd are jumping to the "Bioware trying to hide it" posts straight away, when a half second of clicking, or that new fangled Google.com thingy people use would show the "statistics" (still don't think you can call the server status as a statistic since it doesn't give any figures or timescales).

/Agree.

Then again... you cannot have a rational discussion with those choosing to be irrational. :) To some, anything Bioware does, or does not do, is some giant conspiracy against the players. :p

To the OP.. I'm pretty sure we did not need another thread on this, being as we currently have an active one underway in the forum.

Edited by Andryah

Lol, I didn't realise that was my biggest fan that posted that. How are you doing, Pagy? I hope you're still following my career as closely as you usually do. Once again, I'm really sorry for breaking your heart, but you have got to move on. It's really not healthy, this fixation you have on me.

That they changed the server select screen was probably only because they've added the ability to change between PvP and PvE (sorry to the RP folk, seems you got overlooked for this one. Hope they add that as an option soon.) It was due an overhaul anyway, it still had space for the extra servers they had in place for the start (really hoping you pick up on that to continue the "see, game is obviously dying" thing). It was probably a throwaway decision - "Might as well remove the server population thing, if they want to know they can see it from our main page, anyway."

very adorable, you'll ignore everything just to be the white knight

did i say adorable i meant hilariously pathetic

very adorable, you'll ignore everything just to be the white knight

did i say adorable i meant hilariously pathetic

There are plenty of people on here who I've had arguments, plenty who I've agreed with. I can't think of anyone who I've agreed with everything they've said, same goes the other way. I even agreed with Madcuzbad on a few points. We're like a big family on here - we sometimes agree, sometimes disagree - but the sheer bitter acid toxicity that you bring has no place here.

If you want someone to call names, feel free to pick me, it's like water off a ducks back. But if you continue to throw out insults instead of addressing the points I made, or making your own coherent points.....THAT'S pathetic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.