Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Being able to include weapons to your outfit design

Gofor

I am not sure if this is something already suggested but I think it would be great to add weapons to the outfit design. I have a number of different characters & although all classes would I am sure like to be able to select an outfit & change the weapon look from a personal view I think it most likely will be most appreciated if your a the Trooper or its counter part the Imperial agent.

I have lots of different weapons & many look rubbish to me (perhaps great to others) & some look great. Its a shame that when you find a nice looking weapon regardless of the weapon type if its not possible to modify you end up disposing the item perhaps from a quest reward which looks too small or too big perhaps sticks in your back etc.

What I mean by this is that a weapon might look ok if your character size is tall perhaps bulky in stature & terrible if your character is small & thin in stature etc.

I'd be good with it if they implemented it they same way World of Warcraft did it with their Transmog system.

You could transmog weapons with another weapon of the same type.

Say you got a really good axe, but it looked like an ogre used it to scratch its butt for a couple decades, and you have a really nice looking lower level axe thay couldnt swat a fly on a wall, you would put the appearance of the "failed flyswatter" on the "axe of the butt scratcher".

You could not put appearances of different items on items, so you couldnt make the "bow of balloon popping" look like the "dagger of nose picking".

So no making sniper rifles look like lightsabers and other miss-matches.

But yeah, given the attrociously ugly weapons we have to craft in chapter 12, transmog would be a really good thing, use saber of "Everyone will laugh at you if they see you holding it" with the appearance of "Volatile Conquerors Lightsaber"

They already make it so you have to have items to use for appearance designer, so same premise, just keep class restrictions on the slot.

1h melee weapons that your character can actually use can be images swapped with each other, sabers/vibroblades/swords

2h melee weapons that your character can actually use can be swapped, double sabers/electrostaves

Cannons/cannons

Blaster rifles/blaster rifles

Sniper rifles/sniper rifles

Et cetera.

Remember, combat animations are tied to your class. Even mirror classes have different animations on their mirror abilities.

Think about it, your sniper would look really Fn stupid to be pointing a doublebladed saber out in front of you going pew pew pew, nevermind the fact that holding it by the blade woukd lose you fingers...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

It's been suggested before, yes. EQ2 has it. My warlock could run around with a double-bladed axe in his weapon appearance slot despite his class not using it. I imagine that would cause a lot of purists and RPr's to scream hey! We don't want to see consulars running around with assault cannons!

Can't please everyone. I don't care what someone's carrying for a weapon, if they like it, they like it, so I'm for it.

I'd be good with it if they implemented it they same way World of Warcraft did it with their Transmog system.

You could transmog weapons with another weapon of the same type.

Say you got a really good axe, but it looked like an ogre used it to scratch its butt for a couple decades, and you have a really nice looking lower level axe thay couldnt swat a fly on a wall, you would put the appearance of the "failed flyswatter" on the "axe of the butt scratcher".

You could not put appearances of different items on items, so you couldnt make the "bow of balloon popping" look like the "dagger of nose picking".

So no making sniper rifles look like lightsabers and other miss-matches.

But yeah, given the attrociously ugly weapons we have to craft in chapter 12, transmog would be a really good thing, use saber of "Everyone will laugh at you if they see you holding it" with the appearance of "Volatile Conquerors Lightsaber"

They already make it so you have to have items to use for appearance designer, so same premise, just keep class restrictions on the slot.

1h melee weapons that your character can actually use can be images swapped with each other, sabers/vibroblades/swords

2h melee weapons that your character can actually use can be swapped, double sabers/electrostaves

Cannons/cannons

Blaster rifles/blaster rifles

Sniper rifles/sniper rifles

Et cetera.

Remember, combat animations are tied to your class. Even mirror classes have different animations on their mirror abilities.

Think about it, your sniper would look really Fn stupid to be pointing a doublebladed saber out in front of you going pew pew pew, nevermind the fact that holding it by the blade woukd lose you fingers...

This is the way to do it. I would like this, too. This would be especially nice while leveling. Want to keep a certain look, but weapons (like other gear) upgrade so fast, it can be hard to keep up - or remember to keep up - with mods.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.