The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Official Cartel Market Companion Wishlist

Hey! Thanks for reading! Now let's get to it.

Since companions are a relatively new arrival to the Cartel Market, I feel fairly well assured that there's not another thread like this. So, that being said, I'll start things off by requesting an exoboar companion. I think this is completely doable, as exoboars are of a similar shape & size as akk dogs, which have already been added. I request exoboars for this reason because Makeb is special to me, and exoboars hail from Makeb. I would really love to see these added.

Add your thoughts below!

Thanks again!

Hail & fairwell,

- ScorpioStrikes

:sul_tongue::d_wink::d_tongue::d_smile::d_grin::mon_biggrin::i_biggrin::sul_smile::sul_wink:

Edited by ScorpioStrikes

I think with the amount of companions that are chucked at us nowadays, anymore is not needed.

Also calling it "official" might get you into some forum troubles :)

The companions would be from the Cartel Market. It's not mandatory to have one.

Also, the same naming convention has been applied before by others, so I feel pretty confident that it's not a problem.

The companions would be from the Cartel Market. It's not mandatory to have one.

Also, the same naming convention has been applied before by others, so I feel pretty confident that it's not a problem.

Naming conventions aside, if they ever added a ghost type companion, I would be chucking my credits at it to buy

Naming conventions aside, if they ever added a ghost type companion, I would be chucking my credits at it to buy

Do you mean like how the Sith Inquisitor binds the spirits to themselves?

Cause I would definitely go for that! (Though I think it should be a force-neutral spirit, maybe a fallen Scion or something like that.)

Do you mean like how the Sith Inquisitor binds the spirits to themselves?

Cause I would definitely go for that! (Though I think it should be a force-neutral spirit, maybe a fallen Scion or something like that.)

Exactly what I meant :) loved that part of the story

I'll start things off by requesting an exoboar companion. I think this is completely doable, as exoboars are of a similar shape & size as akk dogs, which have already been added. I request exoboars for this reason because Makeb is special to me, and exoboars hail from Makeb.

Specifically, the exoboars with a harness/mask would make great companions. However, I would still settle for an exoboar with a wild appearance, i.e. without the mask (Maybe just a simple collar).

Thanks again!

Hail and farewell,

- ScorpioStrikes

Exactly what I meant :) loved that part of the story

The thing is, with companions from the Cartel Market, you cannot converse with them. That is why I think that a spirit companion should not be a Cartel Market companion, as I would love to have a spirit companion that I can converse with. But, again, great idea! I really hope they add such a companion to the game!

The non-Cartel Market Companion Wishlist thread.

Thanks again!

Hail and farewell,

- ScorpioStrikes

A simple utility droid like T7, I always wanted to run around Tython as a consular with my very own utility droid.

Great idea! I've thought of that before, but it never seemed to register.

how about T3-M4 we never did find out what happened to him.

I know of two places (Wookiepedia and the book Revan) that mention the fate of T3.

Sadly, T3 gets blasted to smithereens by Tenebrae (The birth name of the Sith Emperor/Vitiate/Valkorion).

Edited by ScorpioStrikes

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I understand how the cartel market companions work - they can't be interacted with like regular companions - I have some ideas on what I'd like to see.

• A type of that four legged, cannon armed heavy assault droid. Perhaps it could even use the ability to roll as a lunge or distance maker.
  • I dare them to make a canid-form battle droid with ranged attack capabilities. (Would a back mounted blaster cannon work?) Maybe it could synergize well with ranged characters, if it had a combination of ranged abilities and a melee ability for when an enemy or the player closes distance. Bonus if it actually has a tail.
  • Still really hoping for a tuk'ata companion. Been wanting one for a while to go with one of my Sith characters.
  • For giggles, maybe a shyrack or kowakian monkey-lizard companion.
  • Wampa.
  • Varactyl? It'd be interesting as a compliment to the mounts, or in general.

Bonus points for if any new droid companions have names, like QO-77. I thought that was a cool touch. QO-77 also had the coolest design out of the cartel market droid companions, in my opinion. (Especially since it was a unique, non-generic design.)

If one of the things about cartel market companions is that they're not interactive, like regular companions, maybe they could try "merc contracts" for sapient companions, which only have limited interactability? Basically, they're loyal to whoever has their contract, but they're pretty much "just there for the job", whatever that might be. They might have some lines for things like combat and being clicked on, but it doesn't really go much further than that.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Companions I'd like to see:

-A Rishii

-A Voss

-A male human or Pureblood Force-user (and instead of being a dual-saber, be a ranged TK user type)

Oh yeah, would love a ranged based TK Force comp!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A rakghoul (not counting dr lokin) probably a crazy bad idea but its just a thought

a nekghoul

kath hound

acklay

A non force-sensitive duel wielding melee companion

a non force-sensitive double bladed wielding companion (preferably the duel wielding one)

a rancor

a vorantikus

and maybe some kind of an obscure reference Star Wars animal or droid just for kicks :cool:

Edited by saiyanjedidmv