The Dashade might told us the way against Vitiate/Valkorion (Spoilers)

Slowpokeking

From the quest, we know that Valkorion's immortal ritual is nearly the same with Exar Kun's ritual on Yavin, Exar Kun was sealed off with the wall of light. So if the Jedi form another wall of light, it's possible to seal him for thousands of years as well?

Wall of Light while Mara Jade was giving him a "Reason you suck" speech I think, though I don't have the original 3rd book of that trilogy, just the first two, and the vastly superior I, Jedi.

I don't think he sucks at least before the ritual he didn't, he is my favorite EU villain.

Grand Admiral Thrawn is dissappointed in you! :D

TTT Thrawn was very cool, but after that I think Zahn favored him way too much, even tried to whitewash him, which damaged his character.

Exar Kun was very cool because he was not some "old ancient evil", he was young, ambitious and hunger for power. He didn't give a **** of Nadd and killed him off when he got the chance.

I don't think he sucks at least before the ritual he didn't, he is my favorite EU villain.

My point is that Mara really lays into him for trying to break Corran Horn with illusions.

"Who cares more like. Crying babies and ghosts spouting lies from beyond the grave? The Dark Lord of the Sith I knew would have been ashamed to use such tactics"

She then says something like

"Isard would have had you digitized, and she's not even Force-sensitive. Darth Vader would have found you amusingly quaint. And the Emperor. The Emperor succeeded in destroying the Jedi Knights. He would have considered you the definition of failure"

Meanwhile, Luke and the rest of his apprentices were doing something Wall of Light-y (described properly in book three, not in 'I, Jedi' because Corran didn't see what the others did) and Exar Kun went poof.