Can go into opposing faction's base with no problem in PVE focus

Capella

I saw that one of the conquest objectives for this week was to kill 25 turrets and guards for House Organa / House Thul, depending on which side you're on. So a guildmate and I went on Imperial characters to House Organa on Alderaan to kill guards. We were in a PVE instance by default because we're on Ebon Hawk, and we started killing the champion turrets towards the achivement. When we stepped inside, we got the big REPUBLIC TERRITORY text. before the switch to focus instances, that text always triggered a 10 second countdown before you became flagged for PVP. This time, nothing happened at all. We continued to be in a PVE instance the whole time. So we killed guards all the way up into House Organa and then took some selfies with NPCs, being unflagged the whole time.

I suspect what's going on is that because we started in a PVE focus map, we stayed in one. Since the focuses are separate instances, it never thought to move us over. I was wondering if this was intentional behavior, or an unexpected bug of the focus system? If it's unattended, will there be a way of forcing you into a PVP focus? So that if you start fighting a turret it gives you the 10s countdown and at 0 it ports you to the PVP instance?

Well, the guards were originally there to keep the PvPers from griefing people trying to do quests. Now that they'll get sent to a pvp instance if they set themselves to PvP, the only reason for the guards is to keep people from killing quest contacts or whatever, so it can probably be easier to kill guards for the quests or whatnot. So hopefully a feature.