Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Odessen WZ - Chievos are futile

Braggalo

Hi,

the new WZ in Odessen is 95% about playing objective - tactics and clever movement are needed not overkill in arms. The new achievements should represent this. Instead you get the usual: "Made 10 solo kills 50 times" etc.

This is so mindless and uncreative it makes the clouds rain tears of despair. Same goes for huttball btw.

In bote WZ modes - provided you play objective - it is neigh impossible to make 10 solo kills, 55 player kills or 20 killing blows.

Is it so hard to create achievement representing the style of the WZ played? Odessen for Example could be sthg like: "Took over 1/3/5 nodes in a single alliance proving ground". "Activated 1/3/5" or "RE_activated a DE_activated node" and so on; then lower the kills, solo kills and killing blows needed to a much lower amount since it's absolutely useless to try for 10 solo kills and even if you manage to do it you contribute practically nothing for your Team in most cases.

As mentioned above, the same goes for huttball, please consider ;):cool:

best Fina

Hi,

the new WZ in Odessen is 95% about playing objective - tactics and clever movement are needed not overkill in arms. The new achievements should represent this. Instead you get the usual: "Made 10 solo kills 50 times" etc.

This is so mindless and uncreative it makes the clouds rain tears of despair. Same goes for huttball btw.

In bote WZ modes - provided you play objective - it is neigh impossible to make 10 solo kills, 55 player kills or 20 killing blows.

Is it so hard to create achievement representing the style of the WZ played? Odessen for Example could be sthg like: "Took over 1/3/5 nodes in a single alliance proving ground". "Activated 1/3/5" or "RE_activated a DE_activated node" and so on; then lower the kills, solo kills and killing blows needed to a much lower amount since it's absolutely useless to try for 10 solo kills and even if you manage to do it you contribute practically nothing for your Team in most cases.

best Fina

that's actually really thoughtful, I never considered that. Especially in Huttball. It's true, I mean... you get rewarded by medals in warzones for deathmatching more than you do for objective gameplay.

One example I can give is as a healer in Huttball. You can follow the ball and the ballhandler the entire match, supporting, pulling, healing, etc., and end up with awful contribution points. Only way you get objective points as the healer is if you run the ball in yourself, or make some passes and that's not often. They should have rewards for healing the ball carrier, for guarding the carrier, for pulling one into the goal, etc.

I could see how they could really fine tune rewards according to the particular warzone and that could encourage better gameplay for that match. For some, anyway.

Thing is, they haven't even adjusted the number amounts for medals given, I don't even recall exactly, but you get some message that you reached a certain number of damage, and in actuality you have reached 3-4 times that amount etc.

The medal-reward system is not very indicative of objective participation and the numbers given don't match the actual numbers you have put up in the match.

I agree, a lot of details could be improved upon regarding the medals system and it would actualy make warzones more fun.

The medals are outdated.

You get a medal for hitting someone for 6k, in the past that was actually impressive but now it's my Devastating Blast without Gore.

You get a medal for getting over 90k damage, then 360k.

These don't even pop at the right time. I've gotten the 360k one when I had over 1.2 mil.

It seems to happen at random too.

Medal system was and still is trash. I remember reading post way back yonder about ways to fix it but as usual it fell on deaf ears and went ignored. They really should look into different ways to get medals, since Juggs can self heal and protect they always continently get 15+ medals while classes like Sentinel struggle to get 8 if that.

The medals are outdated.

You get a medal for hitting someone for 6k, in the past that was actually impressive but now it's my Devastating Blast without Gore.

You get a medal for getting over 90k damage, then 360k.

These don't even pop at the right time. I've gotten the 360k one when I had over 1.2 mil.

It seems to happen at random too.

Medal system was and still is trash. I remember reading post way back yonder about ways to fix it but as usual it fell on deaf ears and went ignored. They really should look into different ways to get medals, since Juggs can self heal and protect they always continently get 15+ medals while classes like Sentinel struggle to get 8 if that.

While I agree with both of you, this is a topic for a 2nd thread, my focus in this one are the achievements, which are actually dragging people AWAY from playing objective ;)

Hi,

best Fina

nothing more to say...

*sign*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.