Legacy HK-55 items ?

-Spc

Why are all HK-55 now not bound to legacy ?

I didn't see any patch notes about this, nor do i see any reason for doing this.

:confused::(

I hope nico's blasters stay legacy bound.

:eek:

Edited by -Spc

Why are all HK-55 now not bound to legacy ?

I didn't see any patch notes about this, nor do i see any reason for doing this.

:confused::(

I agree they should be bound to legacy. I use dual blasters but they only send one blaster pistol. I can't even send one from my other toon to give to him. Please change it to bound to legacy. Having them BOP is silly.

I agree they should be bound to legacy. I use dual blasters but they only send one blaster pistol. I can't even send one from my other toon to give to him. Please change it to bound to legacy. Having them BOP is silly.

Pull a second from collections

They're added to your collections upon pickup from mail. So rather than trashing up your cargo space with a bunch of legendary stuff on every toon, you can grab as many copies of the gear you want from collections.

So what's the reason of not being legacy ? i don't get the reason.

Nico's blasters are also legacy bound so i can send my gear to other gunslinger/merc ...

So what's the reason of not being legacy ? i don't get the reason.

Nico's blasters are also legacy bound so i can send my gear to other gunslinger/merc ...

I think so they CAN be added to collections - I've not seen legacy bound gear in collections; this way you can have as many copies as you want. I wish some of my legacy gear was collectible.

Pull a second from collections

And that helps me send my sniper rifle to another sniper char how ?

If i have fully augmented HK-55 sniper rifle with mods and everything, why can't i use it as legacy ? to send it to another toon on my legacy when i need.

:confused:

Edited by -Spc

That's the problem. I (and I'm sure others) use one set of legacy gear for all of our same class/mirror class characters. Even if we pull more from collections, if we want to move our weapon mods over to another character, we'd have to rip them out, put them in a legacy weapon, move them over, rip them out and put them in the HK weapon.

Honestly this is the problem with all non-legacy weapons. As cool as the Arbiter's lightsaber, the HK weapon, Cathar sword, etc are, they just can't match the sheer utility of legacy weapons.

One solution is to just make the HK weapons legacy bound, but I'd argue a better solution is to allow us to stamp weapons in the outfit designer.

That's the problem. I (and I'm sure others) use one set of legacy gear for all of our same class/mirror class characters. .

Exactly this.

I have multiple chars that can use snipers / vibroswords / blasters ... but now they're not legacy bound.

:(

If i have fully augmented HK-55 sniper rifle with mods and everything, why can't i use it as legacy ? to send it to another toon on my legacy when i need.

I was answering the person who wanted a second blaster.

I think the whole legacy-bound-gear shuffle is faintly silly, but then, I don't really raid, so I'm perfectly happy with the crystal-bought stuff and whatever I can craft or get off the GTN. For the one or two times I feel the need to ship around bound mods on a mainhand, I'll just pay the fee to rip the mods out later.

they want you to run the gear treadmill and waste time getting gear for each and every toon you have. and the way they showed this is by making their subscriber bribes basically useless. they look like the same crap they have been shoveling out for the last 2 years. next month will be more of the same garbage. not very good bribes when they go back and nerf last months bribe.

they want you to run the gear treadmill and waste time getting gear for each and every toon you have. and the way they showed this is by making their subscriber bribes basically useless. they look like the same crap they have been shoveling out for the last 2 years. next month will be more of the same garbage. not very good bribes when they go back and nerf last months bribe.

Useless for you, maybe; but the better answer isn't to make these legacy so I have to do new character shenanigans to get another set if I want to equip all my companions with weapons out of the same type/class. This is something I do right now with certain weapons "sets" - I pull the requisite weapons from collections and hand them out. I'd love to do this with a couple of the GSF armor bits, but they're BtL and thus not in collections. Allow weapons in outfit designer so that the looks of my weapon are independent of its stats.

What the... The game is swimming in legacy gear. It's no big deal these particular items aren't. :rolleyes:

Useless for you, maybe; but the better answer isn't to make these legacy so I have to do new character shenanigans to get another set if I want to equip all my companions with weapons out of the same type/class. This is something I do right now with certain weapons "sets" - I pull the requisite weapons from collections and hand them out. I'd love to do this with a couple of the GSF armor bits, but they're BtL and thus not in collections. Allow weapons in outfit designer so that the looks of my weapon are independent of its stats.

Since we dont have option to use weapons in outfit designer, with current options, legacy weapons are way better.

Because if it is as legacy reward, he can use one for multiple chars, while you can still get it as many times as you want by creating more chars and sending it to others, it may only take a bit longer.

But when it is in collections, for you nothing changes in term of possibilities, but for him it is impossible to use one for more chars.

I would love to have outfit designer for weapons, but until then there is nothing to discuss.

What the... The game is swimming in legacy gear. It's no big deal these particular items aren't. :rolleyes:

We are talking about Weapons, not gear. For example legacy sabers, are only few.

Edited by ShawDou

I think moving all the existing hk stuff from bol to bop was a dumb idea. Only because now you have to pay for them if you ever decide to use it on toons you deleted it from before now.

That being said, you get a bol main hand when you hit Odessen. Just how many sniper rifles/duelsabers/etc does a player really need?

As a side note: we already know they changed the start-at-60 gear from BoL to BoP because having people creating and trashing characters was hard on the database. The start-at-60s were particularly hard on the DB (because L60 characters have more data per character), so they took prompt action there, but I do not expect any more BoL reward gear, because it encourages cycling characters for their gear, which is a Bad Thing for the database. I will not be in the least surprised if ALL of the current deliver-at-creation items are changed to BoP and collectible in the future, to discourage cycling characters for gear.

Huh? Where did that come from?

Hey folks,

Right now, when you make a brand new Start at 60 character, the armor that your character is wearing is Bind on Legacy. This has allowed players to make characters with the purpose of moving that armor appearance around to other characters. What we have seen on our side is that this has created a large increase in players creating characters just to get the armor sets, and then deleting those characters. This has created a negative impact on the data side. In order address this, we need to make some changes to how that gear works.

Starting in Game Update 4.1, the gear that comes with a Start at 60 character will be Bind on Pickup. This change will also affect all existing Start at 60 gear. Now, we know that there is a lot of interest in having those appearance available to characters. So here is a list of where you can attain those appearances in-game in 4.1:

• Sith Warrior – Alliance Supply Crate
  • Sith Inquisitor - Alliance Supply Crate
  • Imperial Agent – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Bounty Hunter – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Jedi Knight - Alliance Supply Crate
  • Jedi Consular – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Smuggler – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Trooper – Crafted (Grade 9)

Note that all of this gear is currently Faction specific. We are looking into adding non-Faction specific versions in the future.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

From the quoted post - emphasis mine.

Ah. orphaned data and "Bad for the database" != same thing ;) Thanks for pointing out the post!

That statement is the primary reason I won't be surprised to see all "character-start" items converted to BoP and added to collections instead.

I hope we get sufficient advanced warning so we can take items from our legacy-mules (yes, I have one) and transfer one of each item to the proper character so all can partake. :confused:

Or make (and fix) the unlocks dirt cheap (1 coin) since they are rewards. Can't get one if if you're not entitled to it. If you have one reward on one character, that should qualify for collections and the cheap unlock for all characters. Game mail would simply contain an extra item to be thrown out.

Unless items can be sold for zero (0) cartel coins. ;)

Exactly. Anyone that wants/needs legacy gear to move mods around... you have tons of options in game already.

As for making perk items legacy Bound... that only makes sense if they are not given to every character on your account AND they are not available through collections. Neither of which is the case for these weapons.

More mountains out of molehills here, IMO, since every character you ever create on your account can and will have access to these weapons and can even delete them and pull up fresh ones later on.

1. This must be a "slap in the face" for those people who said the weapons were ugly and no-one would ever use them.
  2. There were multiple complaints about these things NOT being in collections, people sick on having to use up 'valuable' vault space by hoarding these things so they don't lose them. Collections means you can throw them away and not lose them.
  3. If you have multiple people using sniper rifles, just buy some gear for each. A barrel only costs about 1.2 million - you get more than half of that from running the Tatween heroics in a group and it takes 15 minutes - and 150 crystals will get you the offhand that you can rip the other mods from. If you are running multiple snipers, I can safely assume that you have plenty of characters that can run the heroics, and can do FP's or OP's for the crystals, so don't complain about the cost.

Edited by CrazyCT