Best chapter yet!

Macetheace

I'm really enjoying the current chapter, it has that mystical, fantastical feel to it, the force, it's message, your journey of discovery through it. Although I'm going through as a force user, I wonder what it's like for a non-force user.

Still really like it, it really reminds me of some of my favourite moments of the Star Wars series.

Went in with my vanguard, same thing, no differences. Dialogues change accordingly to each class, but in the end the final result is the same for everyone.

The end result is the same, but the path to get there looks like could differ a fair bit, depending on choices made.

The end result is the same, but the path to get there looks like could differ a fair bit, depending on choices made.

I'm not sure if you mean the story of this chapter or the story in general. This chapter is pretty straight forward imho, my neutral vanguard reacted exactly as I would've expected her to do so. I'm quite sure once I'll bring my ds inquisitor through this chapter, it'll be mostly similar. Perhaps the second to last final choice may just be a mechanic-related thing with no real impact on the story. I went with the resilence option, so we can only wait and see. The ds choice earlier in the chapter, on the other hand.. It's pretty interesting, and pretty bold imho. It's not everyday you get a chance such as that. Hope Saresh is next.

I'm not sure if you mean the story of this chapter or the story in general. This chapter is pretty straight forward imho, my neutral vanguard reacted exactly as I would've expected her to do so. I'm quite sure once I'll bring my ds inquisitor through this chapter, it'll be mostly similar. Perhaps the second to last final choice may just be a mechanic-related thing with no real impact on the story. I went with the resilence option, so we can only wait and see. The ds choice earlier in the chapter, on the other hand.. It's pretty interesting, and pretty bold imho. It's not everyday you get a chance such as that. Hope Saresh is next.

This chapter. I've run it once (light-side Knight); but several of the conversation choices made me think about my response; and see where I would have made much different convo choices on other characters. It's like a lot of the class-story choices. You end up in roughly the same place at the end of the mini-arcs, but how you get there may differ substantially between run-throughs.

This chapter. I've run it once (light-side Knight); but several of the conversation choices made me think about my response; and see where I would have made much different convo choices on other characters. It's like a lot of the class-story choices. You end up in roughly the same place at the end of the mini-arcs, but how you get there may differ substantially between run-throughs.

If they made you actually stop and think about your dialogue choices, they succeded in what they were trying to achieve with this expansion. Most of the times the outcome is the same (Though in later chapters previous choices will aknowledge future outcomes), but it's the journey to get there that is different. My vanguard doesn't care about the Force, instead of mind tricks she prefers a rocket launcher that shoots nukes like the Fat-Man in Fallout, my ds inquisitor is only looking to become stronger than Valkorion. Both will eventually have a similar ending (Which is not bad and an ok-setup for Season 2), but both will have different stories in the same "standardized" path.

If they made you actually stop and think about your dialogue choices, they succeded in what they were trying to achieve with this expansion. Most of the times the outcome is the same (Though in later chapters previous choices will aknowledge future outcomes), but it's the journey to get there that is different. My vanguard doesn't care about the Force, instead of mind tricks she prefers a rocket launcher that shoots nukes like the Fat-Man in Fallout, my ds inquisitor is only looking to become stronger than Valkorion. Both will eventually have a similar ending (Which is not bad and an ok-setup for Season 2), but both will have different stories in the same "standardized" path.

They more than cleared the bar with this chapter, for me. This was much better than I expected; when considered as a "class" story portion.

would have been nice if you gained some new powers and abilities from all this extra training you get.

Or some super abilities specific only for use in the Chapters. If they don't want to mess with game balance.

We may have - see the tooltip for the weapon, and the choices around it

Also..loving that we got a new zone, on Odessan too :) I always hoped we'd have more adventure on that planet. I would love to adventure in the area you view from your base's front section in the day time too.. maybe a daily hub will open up there.

Saying that, I thought the night time sky at the bases back was also excellent, I also hope some sort of hub too or mission, say training section will open up there that you can re-visit and maybe even explore further.

Odessan having two halves would be amazing, the day half at the front of the base, and the night half at the back. Would love for it to have a planet size scope similar to say Alderaan or Taris.

Also..loving that we got a new zone, on Odessan too :) I always hoped we'd have more adventure on that planet. I would love to adventure in the area you view from your base's front section in the day time too.. maybe a daily hub will open up there.

Saying that, I thought the night time sky at the bases back was also excellent, I also hope some sort of hub too or mission, say training section will open up there that you can re-visit and maybe even explore further.

Odessan having two halves would be amazing, the day half at the front of the base, and the night half at the back. Would love for it to have a planet size scope similar to say Alderaan or Taris.

It's instanced, so you can't free-roam it. Which is a bit of a shame

I'm really enjoying the current chapter, it has that mystical, fantastical feel to it, the force, it's message, your journey of discovery through it. Although I'm going through as a force user, I wonder what it's like for a non-force user.

Still really like it, it really reminds me of some of my favourite moments of the Star Wars series.

Yes, this chapter felt real good to play. I look foward to play it with my other characters that have choosen different paths and will select other answers.

I don't like it, because all the NPCs were trying to tell you "Arcann is above Jedi and Sith" which is pure garbage.

But, as Marr explained in very simple words, technically it's true. He's 2nd only to Vaylin. And Vaylin is 2nd only to Valkorion.

I must admit I really enjoyed the chapter it felt like ESB a bit

I don't like it, because all the NPCs were trying to tell you "Arcann is above Jedi and Sith" which is pure garbage.

I think that they mean by that is that a Jedi or Sith are 'constrained' by the Jedi or Sith codes and that because Arcann and Vaylin don't follow Sith or Jedi ideology means they are not 'constrained'.

But, as Marr explained in very simple words, technically it's true. He's 2nd only to Vaylin. And Vaylin is 2nd only to Valkorion.

Indeed. you see, slowpoke, just because you think someone like Arcann is a douche, doesn't mean he isn't a very skilled and powerful douche - and it makes sense that he is that accomplished, afterall, he and his siblings are trained by a 400+ year old emperor who takes to his training personal with insights that went a little beyond that age's jedi and sith principles.

And you know the age's jedi and sith principles aren't all that anyway.. the movies' Jedi have a significant evolved philosophy from the Jedi of the old republic, whiles there are similarities galore, there are also some stark differences. Same with the Sith of Emperor Palpatine's time, they've also come a long way too, it's not hard to see that their philosophical interpretation is wanting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.