The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Erik Bauersfeld, Admiral Ackbar Voice Actor Dead at 93

nekogunner

I was sincerely hoping this to be a late April Fools joke or a very poorly prepared and obvious trap, but sadly it is not.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/erik-bauersfeld-dead-admiral-ackbar-880618

I'm glad he got a chance to do some voice acting for the Force Awakens as Ackbar before he passed. I wonder if they'll retire the character or have another voice actor take up the role? Either way, it's a sad day for the Star Wars community. We've lost one of the original cast. Here's to you Mr. Bauersfeld! Thank you alerting us to traps and may you live on for eternity online!

I agree, Eric Bauersfelds was a very good actor as the voice of Admiral Ackbar......I hope another actor will take up his cause. The Mon Calmarian was a devious foe to the Empire, I suppose some of the Empire Military hated him but on the other hand he was Moff Tarkin's First Aid for a time before he defected to the Empire....actually he started out a slave.

Yeah, saw this the other day. R.I.P. Erik Bauersfeld

I don't know if they should hire another voice actor who sounds similar or if they should just use sound bytes. I imagine they probably have enough sound samples from him to keep his voice in the movies especially since he never gets a lot of screen time. Or they could go the whole heroic dedication route and just kill him off while doing something major that saves the day. That would be a fitting send off. Either way it's still a huge loss to Star Wars and it's fans.