I was commando, thinking bout vanguard

Zanguar

Hey guys,

it is my second aproach to trooper class, love the idea and the look, but...

story is a personal opinion and post is not bout it ;p

my question is: how is vanguard. I played commando till lvl 17 and i got bored... it was easy mode... wherever i went it was hammer shoot, if something was not dead than grenade or something like this and it was it... no chalange (and skills were for medic)...

i just don't want to be disapointed again thats why i ask you

vanguard doesnt feel like a trooper. I played one at first then rerolled a commando. It's heavily based around melee, tech damage - and there are hardly any "pew pew" abilities that come with it to make it feel like a trooper. If you want to play a warrior with a gun, do vanguard. If you want to play a trooper, stay commando.

^^+1

Vanguard is definitely a melee class. Is it harder than a Commando? I dunno, possibly, because we don't get a heal...but I wouldn't say its any harder...

We do less damage than a Commando by a pretty good Margin...so If you prefer to do less damage meaning that it takes longer to kill mobs which seems to be your reason for hating the Commando, then perhaps Vanguard is for you!

A DPS Vanguard does about the same damage as a DPS Commando, they just do it differently. Obviously, a tank-specced Vanguard is going to do less damage than a DPS spec, but the same is true of a heal-specced Commando.

I don't know where this idea that commandos overall do more damage than vanguards came from. It's all about the spec.