Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Get your name changers ready...

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep getting "name is unavailable" ***

That means some one beat you to the name. If the system gives you a message such as "Invalid name," then the name is blocked by the name filters.

Edited by Knockerz

I logged in to do 2 names, quickly, knowing that what I wanted might be overruled by 'Finder's Keepers'.

I was pleased to see that both of them went through.

Then I decided to try a 'nice to have', a tribute name that is mine (Alan) and my father's (Edgar). Clearly also a name of a famous author. Taken! Really? Darn the luck. And once you've bought and tried the token, you're committed so SOME kind of name change.

Then, inspiration. Edgar-alan became Alan Edgarson. I like it better anyway.

That means some one beat you to the name. If the system gives you a message such as "Invalid name," then the name is blocked by the name filters.

I've tried several, all with the same first name, but the second different, and this early should not have been taken. I don't think the naming system is looking past the first name. Can anyone verify having a common first name be accepted?

I've tried several, all with the same first name, but the second different, and this early should not have been taken. I don't think the naming system is looking past the first name. Can anyone verify having a common first name be accepted?

You can test this by logging into a character and try adding the name you want to your friend list. Do this on pub and imp side. If you can't add the name to either side, then it must be blocked or something is wrong. If you do get the named added to friend list, then someone is probably reserving, squatting on the names, or had a character renamed.

Darn it Ahsoka Tano is blocked, but Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla, and other starwars rebels aren't?

Looks like Mara Jade is blocked.

Edited by Knockerz

You can test this by logging into a character and try adding the name you want to your friend list. Do this on pub and imp side. If you can't add the name to either side, then it must be blocked or something is wrong. If you do get the named added to friend list, then someone is probably reserving, squatting on the names, or had a character renamed.

Darn it Ahsoka Tano is blocked XD. I was trying my luck. Great someone took Sabine Wren.

The first name I want is taken, I know that. It's being squatted on by a L2 Warrior and has been for years.

I tried the double name I wanted and it "does not exist" on either side. But I still get "unavailable". That's why I think the renamer is still only looking at the first name.

I got the name I want. But I can't get it to load in and now I can't play any other characters because that character is logged in.

Also noticed instead of the voice going off everytime you do anything in creation, it's now completed disabled.

They invented alt letters for these issues. Illidan Stormrage however goes thru fine.

I'm guessing many of these type of names will be reported and won't last. It be nice to have Illidan Stormrage, but how long will a person last with such a name. To always have that in the back of your mind each time you log in that maybe today will be the day that you are force to rename your character.

I'm guessing many of these type of names will be reported and won't last. It be nice to have Illidan Stormrage, but how long will a person last with such a name. To always have that in the back of your mind each time you log in that maybe today will be the day that you are force to rename your character.

A lot longer than you'd imagine.

A lot longer than you'd imagine.

That is not the point, but in wow some players were running around with similar names for over two years or longer. Eventually, those players were forced to name changed. I would save a few backup names just in case. I am having a field day with names. I spent like 3.6k cc on character slots. :eek::D

Dark Lord is blocked >.> can't blame me for trying. ;)

Edited by Knockerz

That is not the point, but in wow some players were running around with similar names for over two years or longer. Eventually, those players were forced to name changed. I would save a few backup names just in case. I am having a field day with names. I spent like 3.6k cc on character slots. :eek::D

I spent all my coins on name changes today. And it's totally worth it to be "original" for roleplay reasons as you can imagine.

I spent all my coins on name changes today. And it's totally worth it to be "original" for roleplay reasons as you can imagine.

I would have to agree for RP the name is important. This time around I saved a few more serious male names.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.