Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why no Guild Email?

Djake

Have you considered using, I dunno, a website?

Website are outside of the game. And people do not want to step out of the game when communicating, planning or what ever.

The game needs to offer all of this. In the past 4 years they didn't, in the future they might implement features like that. Quality of Life Improvements coming with Chapter 12 are a start.

Website are outside of the game. And people do not want to step out of the game when communicating, planning or what ever.

The game needs to offer all of this. In the past 4 years they didn't, in the future they might implement features like that. Quality of Life Improvements coming with Chapter 12 are a start.

If you want players with a serious commitment to a guild, and a serious guild experience, I don't see the downside of a website. After all, it's bound to offer more features, and it's easily accessible. I don't know what you mean by players not wanting to, either -- I'm the Guildmaster of a fairly large RP guild, and we require members join our website. Haven't had much of an issue with them joining.

If you want players with a serious commitment to a guild, and a serious guild experience, I don't see the downside of a website. After all, it's bound to offer more features, and it's easily accessible. I don't know what you mean by players not wanting to, either -- I'm the Guildmaster of a fairly large RP guild, and we require members join our website. Haven't had much of an issue with them joining.

May you please stop writing in those pink color, it hurts my eyes when I read it. Thanks. ;)

I am guild leader of the oldest RP guild on my server and know what I am talking about. A platform WITHIN the game where players can get information about your guild (like recruitment terminal) is not so unlikely to be implemented in the future.

I can understand websites for PvE raiding guilds, because the game does not offer such detailed coordination, but RP guilds should be able to easily manage it within the game, though also authentic feelings get lost when stepping out of the game and searching for an website, then reading there OOCly and then jump back to the game.

May you please stop writing in those pink color, it hurts my eyes when I read it. Thanks. ;)

I am guild leader of the oldest RP guild on my server and know what I am talking about. A platform WITHIN the game where players can get information about your guild (like recruitment terminal) is not so unlikely to be implemented in the future.

I can understand websites for PvE raiding guilds, because the game does not offer such detailed coordination, but RP guilds should be able to easily manage it within the game, though also authentic feelings get lost when stepping out of the game and searching for an website, then reading there OOCly and then jump back to the game.

Unless the websites are treated mainly IC-ly, involve a large amount of forum roleplay, and allows us to communicate between our Imperial and Republic versions? I can't imagine us doing any of the things we've done without the help of our website. It's invaluable, truly.

I'm not opposed to QOL features to help guilds run better in-game, I'm simply saying there are PLENTY of ways to go about organization nowadays.

Unless the websites are treated mainly IC-ly, involve a large amount of forum roleplay, and allows us to communicate between our Imperial and Republic versions? I can't imagine us doing any of the things we've done without the help of our website. It's invaluable, truly.

I'm not opposed to QOL features to help guilds run better in-game, I'm simply saying there are PLENTY of ways to go about organization nowadays.

Please? "Allow us to communicate between our Imperial and Republic versions"?

What kind of RP guild are you if you can't even decide witch ideology you follow with all of your passion and ambition. Once RP is not only about writing bare text, looking at pictures and this stuff. It is about the sound design, the graphics, the rain, the thunder, the pure hatred you feel when thinking yourself into your character.

Please? "Allow us to communicate between our Imperial and Republic versions"?

What kind of RP guild are you if you can't even decide witch ideology you follow with all of your passion and ambition. Once RP is not only about writing bare text, looking at pictures and this stuff. It is about the sound design, the graphics, the rain, the thunder, the pure hatred you feel when thinking yourself into your character.

I mean our community has a guild on both sides? We're not the same, we're just run by the same officer core? Completely different characters are on both sides. Our Imperial guild represents a more cult-like faction, and our Republic guild is a paramilitary organization. I think you completely misunderstood what I meant?

I think you completely misunderstood what I meant?

No, but it's perhaps because I hate the Republic OOCly and ICly, due to their ideology and ideals. I am Sithist in real life, that should explain the patriotism and strong feelings for the Sith Empire ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.