The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Resizing CM Lightsaber Hilts/CM Weapons

You know the nice normal lightsaber the Jedi and Sith Warrior get at the end of their starter planet quests?

This model https://neonghosts.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/swtor-2012-02-26-22-33-03-03.jpg

That is a perfectly normal size when wielded http://i.imgur.com/5DNjK.jpg

Well here it is in the Alpha https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/09/aug/tor.jpg

Apparently our lightsabers are returning to alpha size almost lol. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, there hasn't been a single Cartel Market/Pack lightsaber that I haven't thought was egregiously oversized EXCEPT for the Tempted Apprentice's Saber, which is only MILDLY oversized and which has a wonky hand-positioning to show off the flashing lights on the activation plate. The stupid flashing plate gimmick, though, means that any resizing would likely make it look even weirder in hand on on-hip.

I'd really like to see either a mass desizing of these weapons, or some new models that are less huge. Some of these things are so enormous that they're as long as/longer than the character models' thighs...and the saberstaffs are often longer than the characters' LEGS.

I am not so sure this is NOT gonna happen, or rather I am sure there is an "easy" work around for this.

I don't see the sizes to be the main issue, at least not in my way of playing here.

I see this more as a "blade" issue.

I use a shoto and a regular, for the short/long effect.

As to adjusting blade lengths, I personally am not against it, but I would rather have the a blade change then a lenght adjuster.

Supposed I loved the hilt for the elegant customized lightsaber ( crafted) but I HATE the blade, I wnat the blade for the unstable arbitrer ..........NOW with an effect added to weapons we have this.

I am sure once this is in place, we can do some minor adjustments to the sizes and we ar all good

Yeah, there hasn't been a single Cartel Market/Pack lightsaber that I haven't thought was egregiously oversized EXCEPT for the Tempted Apprentice's Saber, which is only MILDLY oversized and which has a wonky hand-positioning to show off the flashing lights on the activation plate. The stupid flashing plate gimmick, though, means that any resizing would likely make it look even weirder in hand on on-hip.

I'd really like to see either a mass desizing of these weapons, or some new models that are less huge. Some of these things are so enormous that they're as long as/longer than the character models' thighs...and the saberstaffs are often longer than the characters' LEGS.

There are a many from early packs that are normal sized. Most single handed sabers are actually sized normal. Now double-bladed is another story. Some are just stupid long.

Quick look I see these as being normal:

Fearless Retaliator's, Unconquered Defender's, Indomitable Vanquisher's, Dauntless Avenger's (single and doubles)

Vicious Assailant, Vigorous Battler, Unrelenting Aggressor's, Pitiless Raider's (single only)

Derelict, Over-tuned Derelict (single and doubles)

Volatile Derelict (single only)

Tythonian Force Master's, Ziost Guardian's and Satale Shans Sparring (single handed)

Volitile/Over-tuned/Energized Conqueror's (single and doubles)

War Master's, Devasator's (doubles)

Starforged types(single only), Thexans, Vindicator's(single only), Socorro type(single only) and Blade Master's type(single only)

Some quick opinions on Vyerix's commentary (no offense intended...or not much, at least). They've indicated that all of these are, to their taste, 'normal' sized.

Fearless Retaliator's, Unconquered Defender's, Indomitable Vanquisher's, Dauntless Avenger's (single and doubles) The singlehanders are OK...the thinness works well with the size. The saberstaves are ridiculous, however.

Vicious Assailant, Vigorous Battler, Unrelenting Aggressor's, Pitiless Raider's (single only) These sabers have nearly an entire extra hand-length sticking out of the top of them, with the Unrelenting and Pitiless ones having a wacky fork that doubles THAT size. Comically extended.

Derelict, Over-tuned Derelict (single and doubles), Volatile Derelict (single only) Again, nearly an entire balled fist's worth of stuff sticking out of the top. These are so huge that I kept one around on my assassin to represent his doublesaber when he was only wielding one of its blades (it's about the same size as the Warmaster's Double-Bladed Saber, one of the more reasonably sized saberstaves.)

Tythonian Force Master's, Ziost Guardian's and Satale Shans Sparring (single handed) These first two are, indeed, fine...in fact, the Ziost Guardian is kind of at the very edge of what I like in my saber-sizing. You'd have to be on space-crack to think that that Satele Saber is 'normal' sized, however. That thing looks like a tool for impregnating banthas at the ranch. It looks like someone made it out of the exhaust pipe for a fancy speeder. It's ENORMOUS!

Volitile/Over-tuned/Energized Conqueror's (single and doubles) These are fine...the double-sabers are at the edge of what I can stand for a saberstaff. The 'handguard' thing only looks good on the saberstaves, but the one-handers are fine.

War Master's, Devasator's (doubles) War Master might be my favorite saberstaff in the game, if only for the length and ignition sound. The Devastator is actually pretty fine, as well, mostly because of the high position it's worn on the hip and the chaotic mish-mash design of it.

Starforged types(single only), Thexans, Vindicator's(single only), Socorro type(single only) and Blade Master's type(single only) Of all of these, only the single-blade Socorro-types are of what I'd call 'normal' size. The Starforged ones are just less-fancy Satele Shan sabers, the Vindicator is like some sort of cartoon specialty wrench, Thexan's saber is like a damn riot baton with a saber-blade coming out of it, and the Blademaster's sabers seem like they need to be at LEAST 30% smaller to not look completely oversized.

So, I don't really agree. One last thing I'll say is that, after having gotten my hands on a Tempted Apprentice's Shoto, I think that the Tempted Apprentice's Saber could really benefit from being repositioned in characters' hands so that they 'choke up' on it to the level of the shoto. That would really balance out the weirdness of not having the pommel peeking out of the lower hand, and the overextension of the emitter making the saber look too long.

There are a many from early packs that are normal sized. Most single handed sabers are actually sized normal. Now double-bladed is another story. Some are just stupid long.

I found the black saber hilts from the various Explorer's packs to not be terribly large. In fact, they're some of my favorite hilts overall.

Edited by Diviciacus

• 1 year later...

Well I tried out a lot of lightsabers and most of them is greatly oversized.

I clearly dont understand why thy made them so big . There is very small quantity of hilts that are tolerable.

I love design of open cores lightsabers but they are huge. And many hilts is just freaking long.

In my opinion in lightsabers available in collection the very good dimensions have Inscrutable Lightsaber.

Only thing I don't like in it is this material/leather design. So I searched further to find good match for my Warrior and I ended with Technograph Shoto.

This hilt is with very good size and looks like one of the most realistic.