Credit Cap upgrade

So I was playing on my preferred status account and got tired of seeing all that great armor on the GTN that I couldn't afford because of the credit cap so I got a 2 month subscription and my problem is solved. But not everyone can do this for various reasons. This got me thinking that the Cartel Market should have something that permanently raises the credit cap for F2P and PS players. This would possibly bring more people into the game knowing there are ways to work around the restrictions to some extent and also give more people a reason to buy Cartel Coins. While it may not be a subscription this would still provide the company with money. Its a win/win situation

Whilst increasing the cap could bring more into the game, it also adds its own problems.

Some people sub purely due to that cap, if they increase it too much via market or anything, they lose subs

Also the bots and credit spammers will be able to farm / sell even more money

One work around using your suggestion would be to add various items on market to increase cap

Like you need to buy an item to increase cap by say 200k then another to increase it again

As a suggestion, they could make a new type of escrow token, that allows you to access all your funds for a month. But let's only make it purchasable with real money, there's too much CC getting given away for free, and you'd just end up with people buying the tokens with their free CC and putting them on the GTN for too much money, the same as current escrow tokens are. In fact, let's bind them to the account, to stop this happening too.

As an added bonus, sort of like a free gift with the token, you could get some OPs and Warzone passes for the month, letting you play them as much as you want.

So, an escrow token that gives you free access to your money for a full month (with OPs and WZ's) for....let's say about $15?

Edited by CrazyCT

As a suggestion, they could make a new type of escrow token, that allows you to access all your funds for a month. But let's only make it purchasable with real money, there's too much CC getting given away for free, and you'd just end up with people buying the tokens with their free CC and putting them on the GTN for too much money, the same as current escrow tokens are. In fact, let's bind them to the account, to stop this happening too.

As an added bonus, sort of like a free gift with the token, you could get some OPs and Warzone passes for the month, letting you play them as much as you want.

So, an escrow token that gives you free access to your money for a full month (with OPs and WZ's) for....let's say about $15?

Possibly the best suggestion I have heard in a long time 10/10

I think it would have to still be pretty pricey though since most of the 'issues' with F2P and preferred can be fixed with permanent unlocks, ability bars, artefact authorisation, unify colours etc its almost as if the only thing that may be a issue is a 3rd crafting skill (not sure there is a unlock or not).

What you would not want to happen is this turning out to be a cheap 'sub' in the long run as if people get the unlocks for the rest and credits is their only issue it would prove to be cheaper for them to do this in the long run (especially if they can purchase some of the unlocks with ingame credits.

I would fear that this could turn into a revenue loss for Bioware.

I'm one of those customers the first response mentioned. I can make money in this game like nobody's business. If I could get the credit cap removed, I'd have very little reason to keep subscribing beyond the occasional promotion like the HK bonus chapter.

At the same time, I'd love the "WoW token" concept CrazyCT was implying. In fact I've made the very same suggestion a couple times. People in my position would likely pay a lot of credits in exchange for a month's sub that's subsidized by someone else. I know I would.

I only just actually read what you put and you are 1,000% correct

You dont need those expensive armors on the GTN, you want them.

Hallelujah! Someone knows the difference between "want" and "need"!

We *need* food, water, and air. Without them, we die.

We need the air we breathe to be free of friendly pleasant materials like ammonia, hydrogen fluoride, and Prussic acid. If they are there, we die.

We need sleep. Without it, we start hallucinating and then we either fall asleep anyway or we die.

We almost need clothing. Without it, we get jail time for indecent exposure, and even if we don't, we still have issues if the climate is too far from what we can tolerate.

We almost need shelter. Like clothing, it protects us from extremes of weather.

Fancy armour for our SWTOR characters is about as far as possible from "need" as it is possible to be.

So I was playing on my preferred status account and got tired of seeing all that great armor on the GTN that I couldn't afford because of the credit cap

Alternatively, you can invest your 350k credits you can have as a pref/F2P player and buy a commodity that's fairly easy to convert to credits, say exotic iso stabs. They cost around 100-120k each. Buy 2 or 3 with your capped amount, and then go back to earning credits again.

If you see an item on the GTN you want, find someone, like a subbed guildie, to buy it for you then trade them a bunch of stabilizers for it. Maybe it'll cost you a little more in credits (or less depending on market value), but you get around the credit limit that way.

You dont need those expensive armors on the GTN, you want them.

We don't NEED anything in the game or the game itself, we just WANT them. That's the reason purpose of these games, to break away from reality where you have to focus on what you need rather than want. It can be rather upsetting that no matter how hard you work you can't even get the things you want in a game. Not everyone can afford to sub so this would be one option to allow those people to be able to get the things they want and enjoy the star wars universe just a little more by adding their own style to the way they play. Face it, nobody would play the game if everyone ran around looking the same. That's why we have the different armor, for our enjoyment.

It can be rather upsetting that no matter how hard you work you can't even get the things you want in a game. Not everyone can afford to sub so this would be one option to allow those people to be able to get the things they want

Maybe instead of working so hard in the game, they should work a little harder to afford the sub; even a minimum wage job would pay enough for a monthly sub after an hour or so of work. Otherwise, there's no compelling reason why people who don't even regularly pay to support the game deserve to get everything they want.

Edited by HeatRacer

Maybe instead of working so hard in the game, they should work a little harder to afford the sub; even a minimum wage job would pay enough for a monthly sub after an hour or so of work. Otherwise, there's no compelling reason why people who don't even regularly pay to support the game deserve to get everything they want.

Friendly reminder that some of us are working 3 jobs trying to cover a $1,800/month medical bill.

And that somehow entitles someone to sub perks without subbing?

It's a video game. This is the type of thing that people play to take their mind off of things such as medical bills at least for a little while. This type of game is about immersion. I'm not saying that it should be cheap but still offer people who can't sub for whatever their reason is a chance to be fully immersed like the people who can sub. Yes people who sub should get special perks such as not having to pay for those things, and earning more EXP, but everyone should be able to enjoy every aspect of the game in some way or another.

Absolutely the best suggestion I've heard for this game ever 15/10

>_> That's the price of a subscription. That thing you said you didn't want to purchase just to get a credit increase. A 15 dollar token that only gives you one feature is silly compared to 15 dollar subscription that can give you access to the whole enchilada.

Edited by Aeristash

>_> That's the price of a subscription. That thing you said you didn't want to purchase just to get a credit increase. A 15 dollar token that only gives you one feature is silly compared to 15 dollar subscription that can give you access to the whole enchilada.

Glad someone got it ;)