Eric, Are we allowed to use botting software now?

KevinQCowart

There are credit farming bots I reported months ago that are still farming. Heck there is even a botter guild on my server, an entire guild of bots farming Rishi, I guess they use the guild bank for storage and fencing somehow.

Do you ever hang around the temple approach at Yavin IV or the [HEROIC 2+] at Ilum? Go have a look please. Why can't you have GM powers to just go through and clean sweep these areas of bots, permaban the account and any accounts they have had transfers with.

You have set a precedent by allowing this to go on for so long. How can I and why should I continue to make gains manually when Bioware does nothing to people who are using automation. Let everyone use bots or put the hammer down on these scumbags.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Dealers Choice!

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. We will investigate this issue, and take any appropriate action in accordance with our policies and procedures.

Please be aware that we are unable to discuss any actions taken against another player’s account, and so we will not be in any further contact with you regarding this report.

Thank you again for reporting this incident and we apologize for any upset or inconvenience caused. Should you require assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to process your request as we do not offer the service you have requested.

Currently we are not able to assist with:

- Name changes (must be purchased through the Cartel Market)

- Faction or Class change

- Server transfers (paid server transfer is available on your account management page on http://www.swtor.com/)

- Server transfers between regions, i.e. US to EU or EU to US

- Un-binding of items (from Cartel Packs, Missions or Vendors)

- Trades between players, where one account is a Free To Play account

- In-game mail sent to incorrect characters in error

- Adjustments to character appearance (must be purchased through the apperance designer at the Cartel Bazaar)

- Abandoned missions

- The Public Test Server (Please post in http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=308 for help)

- Merging of accounts or transfers of characters between accounts

If you requested a different service not listed above, but received this response, please consider it to be a service we do not provide at the moment.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience. As such, requests of this type are something that we are monitoring and may potentially offer in the future.

Any new information will be communicated through our official forums, found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Yeah indeed, Section X, Juggs with 60 gear farming everywhere. Ilum same thing, Makeb guess what....

basically, if you see a juggernaut, its a bot.

On Yavin 4 you get Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows/Imp Agents/Troopers that go around in stealth mode farming credits to avoid Massasi (*** was Bioware smoking putting slicing nodes in places non-stealthers are gonna get attacked and be unable to get the node cause the Massassi are just gonna attack your companion unless you have it on passive and who's seriously gonna sit here and do that and not let their companion heal them? And these bots just swipe the node while you are being attacked.) So if you see any of these running around on Yavin 4 probably a bot.

Edited by DarthEnrique

I've quit going to the Temple Area on Yavin 4 so right now I can't tell if it's still as bad, as the Massassi camp with the Rep prisioners is as far as I go to do the Daily, but I'd bet the farm (no pun intended) The Red Eclipse was and still is the most bot-infested server.

Can be players too. I took my then lvl 35 sin to Yavin and actually had fun avoiding the Massassi! It was well worth the trouble last year. Now, not so much. I found that last week with an insta 60 shadow on a new server. Really not worth it compared to what it once was or to heroics.

Also, you can send your comp right next to some mobs and if you turn your back to tham and they're not on screen anymore when he's next to them, most of the time they won't "notice" your comp.

Edited by BenduKundalini

I made a new agent last night and I saw 4 bounty hunters with similar names all walking in a box formation coming from the first phase, moving at the same time and stopping every few steps. Not sure what they where doing on Hutta but apparently someone's got bots galore running all at once. Edited by Newyankalt

I guess if everyone started buying credits instead of CC they would do something about it but I am guessing regardless of how cheap credits are most people will never buy them this way and the CC sales are still where BW want them.

I made a new agent last night and I saw 4 bounty hunters with similar names all walking in a box formation coming from the first phase, moving at the same time and stopping every few steps. Not sure what they where doing on Hutta but apparently someone's got bots galore running all at once.

I've seen this on Ord Mantell. There were four of them with near identical names up on a cliff where they couldn't be attacked from melee range, repeatedly killing Savrips in the Heroic area. They'd then all go into the recharge health ability at the same time and for the same duration, even when they didn't need it and took no damage.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Well of course botting is okay, whey do you think they buffed companions up so much in 4.0, why do you think there are instant lvl 60 tokens with full gear available to buy from the cartel market and trade on the GTN?

Why do you think there are RMT spam messages in general chat every 15 seconds? why do you think every one of your characters get RMT mail directed to them everytime they change planets?

Of course botting is OKAY. If it wasnt, it wouldnt happen.

You know who doesnt allow botting? Arenanet. Go find RMT email or gen chat spam in GW2. You cant. Because it isnt allowed. You know who else doesent allow it? SquareEnix. There are others. Its not as hard to combat as people would lead you to think, in fact botting is really, really easy to spot.

I dont mean to be offensive, but what in the world could possibly make you think that botting wasnt allowed? .

Edited by PulseRazor

Those aren't bots those are actual stealth class players who are spending hour upon hour, day after day, week after week, farming slicing nodes. In addition to stealth class players there are actually quite a few non-stealth players who use a keybinded mount then simply outrun mobs after slicing.

Yavin's bountiful node farm(s), along with very rewarding dailies/weeklies, and legacy rewards, were an enticement for purchasing the Revan expansion.

The individuals who continually post these bot threads are ones who are being outgamed by farmers.

Those aren't bots those are actual stealth class players who are spending hour upon hour, day after day, week after week, farming slicing nodes. In addition to stealth class players there are actually quite a few non-stealth players who use a keybinded mount then simply outrun mobs after slicing.

Yavin's bountiful node farm(s), along with very rewarding dailies/weeklies, and legacy rewards, were an enticement for purchasing the Revan expansion.

The individuals who continually post these bot threads are ones who are being outgamed by farmers.

While there are legitimate players who farm slicing nodes for hours on end, there also are plenty who aren't players. It isn't uncommon to see characters disappearing beneath terrain and reappearing at slicing nodes, or three or four characters with near identical names to be grouped together, all repeating the same actions in sync, or for characters to farming the same nodes no matter what time of day or night you log in for days on end. When you inspect some of these 'players,' they also have barely any achievements.

It's obvious that they're bots being run by a program rather than actual player at a keyboard.

Where do you think the credit sellers are getting the credits they sell?

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.