The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tracer Missile Animation

• Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile's animations have been exchanged by popular demand from the community.

Has anyone actually demanded this?Does anyone have a video of the new changed animation?

I really liked the tracer missile animation and it felt really satisfying.This change while minor just annoys me a lot more than any nerf they could do to arsenal spec.

I say keep the animation as it was. personally I think,its cool uniqe and sound is amazing ,damn that was one of the iconic mercenary (arsenal) attacks and if you dont like it go play pyrotech tree,incendiary missile has normal wrist animation but noo people are never satisfied you give them the finger and they will take the whole hand whats next = change death from above i am tired of looking the flying animation over and over,change sith sorc lightning animation gets boring after couple of uses and the loophole never ends:)

The rocket that launches from your back is so cool and awesome,not to mention badas$.Even the sound effect is much more awesome.And ... christ ... they changed it to the tiny,pathetic and boring looking wrist launch with unnoticeable sound.I find myself using the present day Fussion Missile every chance i get,even if it heats me up, because of the animation.And i loathe the present day tracer missile animation.I am sure many mercenaries regret this animation NERF and i am not alone with these feelings.For God's sake it is a Missile Blast with a casting time.

I would very much like the developers to reverse this change or at least give us some kind of an option/tool to choose what animation we want to use.The current fusion missile animation and sound is what tracer missile is supposed to be like ,as it was the developer's original intention

I agree with the OP, the old one was 100x more fluid and awesome. It just felt better to cast. I can't play Arsenal now with the boring, disjointed robotic arm animation. That's not hyperbolic, I honestly can't stand it.

I personally liked it, but they wont change it back. If anything, just swap it out yourself.

Yeah give us the old animation back, because the new one sucks.

I personally think the new animation looks wimpy compared to the old tracer animation. The old one felt like it had impact, this one just doesn't do it for me.

I want the old animation back also, I feel so lame pointing my wrist at the boss.

+1 here, i HATE the new animation! at least they should make it a CHOICE like in Preferences (old tracer animation/new) or something! i mean i played bh merc arsenal since beta, then they just changed my fav animation cuz some CRYING ppl wanted it different.....! god i can't belive they did that! not only that but they nerfed us so hard we are USELESS class now......!

Would totally support reversion to the original animations. The original Tracer Missile animation felt like you were heavy artillery.. whereas now it's just like "pew" "pew"

The new animation is a joke, please put it back the way it was. Thanks

I loved the old animation. I used to feel like I was nuking the crap out them, now it is just a simple animation..

I agree with this. I would pay cartel coins to have the old Tracer Missile animation and it's a simple animation replacer effect. Please let us decide through the CM please! I don't have much on the CM I would want but the old Tracer Missile animation back would be great.

I preferred the older animation but am not opposed to the new, current, animation. I'd certainly pay for the older animation, for a fair price which isn't likely.

5char

5char

You couldn't find anyone supporting this idea any nearer than 2014? In fact, you only found 2 that weren't from around 4 years ago? And one of them says they don't mind the new animation.

Edited by CrazyCT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...