Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware when are you fixing the referral system?

Elracor

I've had about half a dozen of these now, the latest being:

Display Name Date Subscription Status Reward

USERNAME_DELETED 03.20.16 Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days 200 (CC)

Somehow this referral managed to not only give much less than the 600CC that I'm supposed to get but also go through the 90 day expiration period in less than 10 days.

When making tickets about the subject all I get is

After a thorough investigation and countless search fields used, I've ran into many cases of the same caliber and I can say with 100% certainty that the program is working as intended. The first bonus of cartel coins will be 600 and after that each month you'll get 100 cartel coins.

despite it obviously isn't working correctly.

Edited by MFollin

I've had about half a dozen of these now, the latest being:

Display Name Date Subscription Status Reward

USERNAME_DELETED 03.20.16 Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days 200 (CC)

Somehow this referral managed to not only give much less than the 600CC that I'm supposed to get but also go through the 90 day expiration period in less than 10 days.

When making tickets about the subject all I get is

If the person has been referred, dropped subscription for the full 90 days and then resubscribed and used your link, they will not grant that initial 500cc. The 500cc only grants to the very first person to refer them for the lifetime of their account. I am unsure if this is a glitch or working as intended, however when my partner did not get the 500cc for referring me we did manage to get it granted correctly later on through a ticket.

Also, if you have someone use your link who then contests it (IE: I didn't mean to use that person's link, here's their link, I clicked it in error, it should have been this one) they will delete/remove the referral from your account. In a case like this, you'll keep the CC you earned from the referral but you will not benefit from them being subscribed anymore. That I am aware of in this case unless you maliciously forced the raf through - referral links can be edited to force an 'accept' - no action will be taken against your account.

Edited by Manathayria

There's a wife around recently who's been complaining about not getting her husband's referral reward even though he's still subb'ed. Customer service is giving her the same line saying he's not a sub even though he's sitting right beside her playing the game. (Isn't that sweet?)

Can't find it right off.

edit: Not the one I was thinking of but - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8875760&highlight=husband#post8875760

Edited by dr_mike

Yup we have two accounts in our house. Both subbed. Both have been subbed for more than a year. Both referred each other on the same day. We were both getting rewards then one of the accounts ran out of sub (my bad) for one day. I quickly resubbed but too late for the referral system. That one day of being unsubbed has cost many months of the monthly reward. It still constantly says that the account is not subbed as we happily play together both subbed.

If the person has been referred, dropped subscription for the full 90 days and then resubscribed and used your link, they will not grant that initial 500cc. The 500cc only grants to the very first person to refer them for the lifetime of their account. I am unsure if this is a glitch or working as intended, however when my partner did not get the 500cc for referring me we did manage to get it granted correctly later on through a ticket.

Even if that is true, it's not stated anywhere.

Also, if you have someone use your link who then contests it (IE: I didn't mean to use that person's link, here's their link, I clicked it in error, it should have been this one) they will delete/remove the referral from your account. In a case like this, you'll keep the CC you earned from the referral but you will not benefit from them being subscribed anymore. That I am aware of in this case unless you maliciously forced the raf through - referral links can be edited to force an 'accept' - no action will be taken against your account.

For many of my referrals I can't say if they contested it or not.

There's a wife around recently who's been complaining about not getting her husband's referral reward even though he's still subb'ed. Customer service is giving her the same line saying he's not a sub even though he's sitting right beside her playing the game. (Isn't that sweet?)

Can't find it right off.

edit: Not the one I was thinking of but - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8875760&highlight=husband#post8875760

That too, I have 2 referrals that I know did absolutely subscribe and their status is still Did Not Subscribe on the tracker.

IF they subscribe within 14 days, you get 500 Cartel Coins (one time). If they do not subscribe within the 14 day window.. you get nothing. For every month they subscribe after the first month, you get 100 Cartel Coins, until they let their sub drop. Once they drop their sub (for any reason or any period of time) ... you get nothing more. AND, all of this assumes that A) they actually used your link correctly, and followed the directions, and B) that they have never tapped anyone's referral before.

Even if that is true, it's not stated anywhere.

Does not matter. Their program, their rules, and they can change them any time they like.

From the Friends page at SWTOR.com

As an active Subscriber, you have a personal referral link to send to your friends!

•Refer friends who have never had a SWTOR account.

•Invite previous Subscribers who have been unsubscribed for 90 days or more.

•Tell your friends to use the link as the first step in creating a new account or logging back in to an existing account. By clicking through the link to create an account or log in, they will be registered as your "Referral."

OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

•Opt-in for email communication from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is required for all new players joining the Friends of SWTOR program.

•New players who participate in Friends of SWTOR are not eligible to participate again.

•Previous Subscribers who participate in Friends of SWTOR cannot be referred again for 90 days.

•After the seven-day subscription period, returning player accounts will return to a Preferred Status account if they have not purchased a subscription.

•Referred players do not receive Complimentary Cartel Coins as part of the ongoing Subscriber Rewards Program until they become a paid Subscriber.

•Referring Subscribers must be in an active Subscriber status to qualify for all rewards.

•Referrers who qualify are retroactively granted the Battle Droid pets for Subscriber referrals made previously.

•All in-game reward items are delivered via in-game mail.

Question? See the Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic FAQ.

Fine Print:

FRIENDS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ SEVEN DAY SUBSCRIPTION ACCESS STARTS UPON FIRST LOG-IN FOR INACTIVE ACCOUNT. 500 CARTEL COIN AWARD AND FRIEND REFERRAL AWARDS WILL BE CREDITED TO THE USER’S ACCOUNT UPON FRIEND’S PURCHASE OF PRODUCT SUBSCRIPTION OR REDEMPTION OF A GAME TIME CARD CODE. 100 CARTEL COIN AWARD WILL BE CREDITED TO USER’S ACCOUNT MONTHLY AT THE END OF THE FRIEND’S BILLING CYCLE. USE OF CARTEL COINS SUBJECT TO DIGITAL SERVICES AGREEMENT. PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE AVAILABLE AT http://WWW.SWTOR.COM. VALID ONLY IN TERRITORIES WHERE Star Wars: THE OLD REPUBLIC IS DISTRIBUTED. SEE http://WWW.SWTOR.COM/INFO/FAQ/GAME#Q209655. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR OTHER DISCOUNT COUPONS. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.

IF... IF you genuinely feel there is an error in the system... then you must contact CS and present facts supporting your contention. Yaking up the forums about it is not going to get it fixed for you, because none of us players can do anything about it.

Edited by Andryah

IF they subscribe within 14 days, you get 500 Cartel Coins (one time). If they do not subscribe within the 14 day window.. you get nothing. For every month they subscribe after the first month, you get 100 Cartel Coins, until they let their sub drop. Once they drop their sub (for any reason or any period of time) ... you get nothing more. AND, all of this assumes that A) they actually used your link correctly, and followed the directions, and B) that they have never tapped anyone's referral before.

It still doesn't make sense that it goes from active to "unsubbed for over 90 days" in less than 10 days.

Does not matter. Their program, their rules, and they can change them any time they like.

From the Friends page at SWTOR.com

Of course it matters. If they change the rules they should update the Friends page.

IF... IF you genuinely feel there is an error in the system... then you must contact CS and present facts supporting your contention. Yaking up the forums about it is not going to get it fixed for you, because none of us players can do anything about it.

If you read OP you'd know I already did that.

If you read OP you'd know I already did that.

I did read it. CS is your only path to remedy if you feel wronged. Either try again, or let it go. This thread will get you nowhere other then to share venting of spleen with the rest of us.

You are fixating on the wording in the messaging, which could in fact be misleading, vague, or incorrect. This does happen with auto-generated messages sometimes. For example: I subscribe using 6 month digital subscription code purchase from Amazon. Each month, when the system issues me my 600cc for the month, it gives me a auto-notation that my 600cc issued to me was an "in game purchase". Clearly the message is wrong, but they are in fact correctly crediting me my CCs each month.

Edited by Andryah

I did read it. CS is your only path to remedy if you feel wronged. Either try again, or let it go. This thread will get you nowhere other then to share venting of spleen with the rest of us.

Or like any thread if it gets enough attention and agreement might actually warrant a more thorough investigation and a possible fix sort of like the recent cartel grant thread that Eric replied to and a fix is incoming.

It's a bit silly to imply anytime anyone has an issue that can possibly be addressed by CS that they "let it go" as though it has no place on the forums.

My 20 cents before tax

There has been a bug fix made recently with the friends referral from what I can gather, which was giving way too many coins when it wasn't meant to give any.

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

As an active Subscriber, you have a personal referral link to send to your friends!

Refer friends who have never had a SWTOR account.

Invite previous Subscribers who have been unsubscribed for 90 days or more.

Tell your friends to use the link as the first step in creating a new account or logging back in to an existing account. By clicking through the link to create an account or log in, they will be registered as your "Referral."

The way I see this worded the referral works in 2 ways only

1. Person has not created an account and uses the referral to create the account

2. Person has been a Subscriber but has lapsed more then 90 days

It will/should fail under any other condition. this wasn't the case until recently.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.