The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hair under hoods or hats.

I'm not sure if having your hairstyle under hoods isn't doable due to the engine or some other part of the game mechanic. But as a compromise how about having outfits that give you a set hairstyle under a hood or hat.

Good examples would be outfits and hairstyles similar to Vaylins, Nico Okar, Admiral Zasha Ranken, etc.

Pretty much if you put that outfit on it changes your hair to match. With the Cartel Market you can push these out with packs or make the craft-able. Just a simple idea. :o

I know of at least one head-covering piece of gear that doesn't hide your hair or alter it in any way. I'd actually rather it did. My main wore it, and promptly hid it. Why? Because the character, for reasons which seemed valid at the time, uses one of the mohawk styles, and the tops of the hawk show through the top of the hood. *That* was lame.

I'm not sure if having your hairstyle under hoods isn't doable due to the engine or some other part of the game mechanic. But as a compromise how about having outfits that give you a set hairstyle under a hood or hat.

That is exactly how LotRO does it. Everyone (even bald characters) has the same short-cropped hair under a hat. You can bet if they implemented that (assuming they can) here, there would be no end to the complaints. LotRO started out that way (at least it was that way when I started playing it in 2009).