KotFE Theron Romance broken. Unhidden SPOILERS. You are warned.

AnisaBadgett

Taking out spoiler tags because I can get maybe a half a sentence before needing them, making this post essentially unreadable. This is stuff that's been out for five months. And you were warned in the header.

OK, after talking to a handful of users here, in game and on social media, I can report that my Jedi Knight, who romanced Theron during SoR even though that's not a requirement, did NOT get the trigger to start a romance during the cantina scene in Chapter 9 despite asking him to talk to her first in KotFE. I ran her through this past weekend.

I had thought that because she used Valkorion's power twice and therefore was forced to use it against Arcann on Asylum despite choosing not to, she would be prevented from romancing Theron, as it's been said the reason you can't romance Lana are because of this. But several people reported using Valky's power every time and were still able to romance Theron.

So, this is actually a bug, not a YOUR CHOICES MATTERED AND YOU MESSED UP. And really, maybe in future, esp. for toons doomed to romance scuzzballs like Doc, you might want to make it less difficult to re-kindle affairs ... such as if Theron will dump us for using Valky's power, then give us warnings, like Lana kinda-sorta does.

GIVING US A SECOND CHANCE would be nice, too.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

Same issue for me with Lana as well on my Sage. Had the romance going since SOR, flirted on every occasion, and no romance option in the cantina in chapter 9. Which is extremely annoying.

I have since then played another alt through chapters 1-8, picked every flirt option and was able to lock in the romance.

The problem seems to be playing chapters 1-8, where the romance flags are being set, during a game update. As in, for example, starting during 4.1 and finishing during 4.2 . The updates seem to mess up the romance flags.

So if you start KOTFE now, you should finish the 1-8 story and lock in the romance before 4.3 hits. That should work.

I really hope that the broken romance flags can be fixed. Otherwise I might delete my Sage.

I can confirm that this is a bug that happens if you start the chapters 1-8 before a patch, and finish chapter 9 after said patch.

The romance flags seems to get reset.

Good news for the original poster though: There is a flirt option in chapter 9, as that's when Theron first appears in KOTFE, so if he's the one you want to romance, resetting chapter 9 should do the trick (as long as you pick that flirt option of course).

The rest of us who wanted to romance Lana or Koth are sadly out of luck :(

I can confirm that this is a bug that happens if you start the chapters 1-8 before a patch, and finish chapter 9 after said patch.

The romance flags seems to get reset.

Good news for the original poster though: There is a flirt option in chapter 9, as that's when Theron first appears in KOTFE, so if he's the one you want to romance, resetting chapter 9 should do the trick (as long as you pick that flirt option of course).

The rest of us who wanted to romance Lana or Koth are sadly out of luck :(

That's interesting, do you know if its 'main' patches or do they include 4.2a etc as that could prove problematic if I start one as you never know when Bioware will do a hotfix to fix something (for example Nico )

That's interesting, do you know if its 'main' patches or do they include 4.2a etc as that could prove problematic if I start one as you never know when Bioware will do a hotfix to fix something (for example Nico )

In this thread you can see that this has happened after 4.1 and 4.2, but I don't know if it has happened to anyone after 4.2a for example.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=875543&page=2

• 9 months later...