Mouse Scroll Wheel Issue in Windows 10

Bingchudie

I just finally allowed Windows to update me from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now, most of the time my scroll wheel on my Logitech trackball doesn't work in the game.

I have replaced the hardware with another trackball and same issue. I have updated the Logitech software and same issue.

It is really frustrating to have to log in and out of the game a zillion times to finally have a session where the scroll wheel works likes it is supposed to.

Has anybody else had this issue? Is there a know fix?

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased a Logitech m570 wireless trackball and had the exact same issue. I searched the Internet for a solution and tried all the suggestions. The only thing I found that came close, and it was something I noticed on my own, was in the SetPoint control panel, under Game Settings, the "Keep other button assignments" was unchecked by default. Toggling that on allowed the mouse wheel to zoom the camera and scroll menus within SWTOR, but it was not smooth at all and, frankly, unplayable.

I uninstalled the Logitech software and tried a Microsoft wireless mouse and the Microsoft Trackball Explorer I was looking to replace. Both scrolled as expected from the get-go.

Bottom line, whatever it is about the Logitech m570 hardware or software, the scrolling is just not compatible with SWTOR (I didn't test any other games to see if it was specific to SWTOR).