How to deal with Skadge? Ideas ...

chouston

I was thinking have him come back at the same time as the Mandos. Would be funny to see Akavi drop kick his butt off a cliff. Assuming I have a choice between me and her doing it. I would love to sit back and enjoy the show. All he needed was a woman's touch . :rak_04: Edited by chouston

I would love something like the cantina scene from A New Hope. Skadge annoys my SI at the bar and I chop his arm off without bothering to learn his name.

This sounds like a nice way to greet him. But I would then recruit him so he can fight with one arm as a punishment for annoying my BH all these years.

Why does everyone hate him so much?

Hes not a yes man, which irritates a lot of people.

Then houks look like the offspring of a hutt and a biped, which grosses out some people.

I think hes funny, but most are put off by the two things I listed above.

I grew up around bikers, Im used to burly loud mouthed guys. :p

Why does everyone hate him so much?

I'm sorry... have you played the BH story? There was nothing positive or redeeming about him. All he did was insult the BH and (in my story) the BH obviously wanted to kill him. Then, just when we should be able to finally kill off this annoying character, we are forced to accept him as a companion with no explanation.

We hate each other. Why would I accept him as part of my crew?

Getting stuck with him was even worse than getting stuck with Xalek. But, that turned out OK in KotFE. :t_angel:

I'm sorry... have you played the BH story? There was nothing positive or redeeming about him. All he did was insult the BH and (in my story) the BH obviously wanted to kill him. Then, just when we should be able to finally kill off this annoying character, we are forced to accept him as a companion with no explanation.

We hate each other. Why would I accept him as part of my crew?

Getting stuck with him was even worse than getting stuck with Xalek. But, that turned out OK in KotFE. :t_angel:

So you just kill everybody that insults you? That's something Darth Nox would do. I'm trying not to play every Empire character as ruthlessly as her. I'm just about finished with the BH story. It doesn't really seem like they hate each other, Skadge is just always being "that guy". My BH is totally immoral and only cares about money, so a walking talking steamrolling serial killer is a good asset. That's all I've ever seen him as. No reason to kill him if he's useful.

Skadge dragged himself up from the depths of unconsciousness to find a darkness only slightly less oppressive. It took him a moment to sit upright, and when he did, his head swam and he nearly threw up. Growling, angry at his own weakness, he powered through the nausea and grabbed at a vertical railing running up the bulkhead beside him. It was cold to the touch. He pulled himself up to stand weaving back and forth. His head ached. Touching the base of his skull, his hand came away slick. His growl deepened, his anger at being jumped vying with his anger at allowing himself to be jumped.

Someone was going to die.

The chamber he stood in was small, barely two meters across, with two heavy duty hatches facing each other. It smelled of old metal and stale air. A small trapezoidal window high in one door let in the only source of light. He moved towards that light, using the bulkhead to help him stay balanced. He peered through the small opening and saw dinged and scratched crates marked with Imperial and Republic tags piled high on pallets blocking his view of the rest of the ship's cargo hold. He was aboard the bounty hunter's ship. Which meant...

He stepped back from the hatch and cursed like only a Houk can. He was in the damn airlock.

Screaming, he pounded on the inner hatch with murderous fury, bloodying his fists, but doing nothing to change his perdicament. Minutes passed before he slowed his assault and it was while he leaned back against the bulkhead, wheezing and coughing and grumbling incoherently to himself, that he heard the sound of tinny laughter.

"You!" He coughed at the overhead. "I knew it would be you."

The laughter faded away.

"I thought Wild Space had ended you. Not even the Champion of the Great Hunt could have gotten out of that last fight. Marr bought it and you vanished. I got used to hating you for so long, wishing you were dead for so long and wondering why you let me stay for so long, that when I was finally free of you, I didn't question it. I should have made sure."

[but you got bored.] The disdain dripping from those four words was like poison even through the tinny modulation of the vocoder.

"Ha! Yeah-"

Flashing yellow emergency lights began to flash then and a warning klaxxon blared, drowning out any further conversation they might have had, but there really wasn't anything left to say. Skadge stepped out into the middle of the airlock and faced down the outer hatch, eyes open.

The hatch slammed aside and he was blown out of the airlock, his death cry snatched from him by the void.

No reason to kill him if he's useful.

My point is that he is not. All I can really tell you is that there is yet to be companion that I was more annoyed at being stuck with. Granted, I haven't finished any Pub stories, so there's still time for him to be overtaken. But on the Imp side... Skadge just needed the option to drop him on the spot.

My point is that he is not. All I can really tell you is that there is yet to be companion that I was more annoyed at being stuck with. Granted, I haven't finished any Pub stories, so there's still time for him to be overtaken. But on the Imp side... Skadge just needed the option to drop him on the spot.

My Merc uses him for intimidating muscle.

Skadge dragged himself up from the depths of unconsciousness to find a darkness only slightly less oppressive. It took him a moment to sit upright, and when he did, his head swam and he nearly threw up. Growling, angry at his own weakness, he powered through the nausea and grabbed at a vertical railing running up the bulkhead beside him. It was cold to the touch. He pulled himself up to stand weaving back and forth. His head ached. Touching the base of his skull, his hand came away slick. His growl deepened, his anger at being jumped vying with his anger at allowing himself to be jumped.

Someone was going to die.

The chamber he stood in was small, barely two meters across, with two heavy duty hatches facing each other. It smelled of old metal and stale air. A small trapezoidal window high in one door let in the only source of light. He moved towards that light, using the bulkhead to help him stay balanced. He peered through the small opening and saw dinged and scratched crates marked with Imperial and Republic tags piled high on pallets blocking his view of the rest of the ship's cargo hold. He was aboard the bounty hunter's ship. Which meant...

He stepped back from the hatch and cursed like only a Houk can. He was in the damn airlock.

Screaming, he pounded on the inner hatch with murderous fury, bloodying his fists, but doing nothing to change his perdicament. Minutes passed before he slowed his assault and it was while he leaned back against the bulkhead, wheezing and coughing and grumbling incoherently to himself, that he heard the sound of tinny laughter.

"You!" He coughed at the overhead. "I knew it would be you."

The laughter faded away.

"I thought Wild Space had ended you. Not even the Champion of the Great Hunt could have gotten out of that last fight. Marr bought it and you vanished. I got used to hating you for so long, wishing you were dead for so long and wondering why you let me stay for so long, that when I was finally free of you, I didn't question it. I should have made sure."

[but you got bored.] The disdain dripping from those four words was like poison even through the tinny modulation of the vocoder.

"Ha! Yeah-"

Flashing yellow emergency lights began to flash then and a warning klaxxon blared, drowning out any further conversation they might have had, but there really wasn't anything left to say. Skadge stepped out into the middle of the airlock and faced down the outer hatch, eyes open.

The hatch slammed aside and he was blown out of the airlock, his death cry snatched from him by the void.

That. Is epic. Absolutely epic.

:rak_03:

My Merc uses him for intimidating muscle.

Skadge isn't muscle. Muscle is attached to a brain, or at least a rudimentary nervous system.

Skadge is just meat. Well past the sell-by date if the smell is any indication.

I'm thinking Sarlacc bait. A thousand years of pain for Skadge and a thousand years of indigestion for the Sarlacc. What with all the inward facing spines he should be prevented from getting vomited out.

I love a win-win situation.

Thanks for the ideas. I just never could like Skadge. He seemed so "yuck" . I did not enjoy playing with him at all. He seemed to want to rub the wrong way from the get go. And I think he could definitely be one of those NPC's whose live or die would be a hit with us. I would love to see how many would kill him off vrs let him live. That would make for a great episode I think. :D Edited by chouston