The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hood up or Down Option

akdonkey

It's obvious with most recent the Heralds of Zildrog NPC's I see that there is in fact a hood up or down option the dev's have control of. It's high time they Give that to us. I know nothing is for free here so how about a Hood up or down toggle in the appearance tabs!

It's obvious with most recent the Heralds of Zildrog NPC's I see that there is in fact a hood up or down option the dev's have control of. It's high time they Give that to us. I know nothing is for free here so how about a Hood up or down toggle in the appearance tabs!

It's not obvious to me that there is actually a single model with both appearances *and* the animation necessary to show it switching. It's more likely to be like Darth Malgus in False Emperor, where in the cinematic he reaches up, then there's a view change showing something else, then there's the hood-down version of Malgus instead of the hood-up version. So there's two models, HoZ with hood up and HoZ with hood down.

An animation isn't necessary.

No, but the moment they add an up/down toggle in e.g. Outfit Designer, someone (lots of someones, in fact) will want to be able to RP a dramatic scene where he puts his hood down, and it *looks like that's what he's doing*. Rather than just a bit of "/e lowers his hood" and fiddle with the toggle.