New Trooper Title (class spoiler)

Taramayne

ok I think there a codex or achievement bug. but the title Colonel is in-game. open your character sheet click on title scroll to the bottom that were just mine. now my trooper has done all class and world quest required so not sure if that makes a different

I use the 'Colonel' title on my Trooper as well.

When you recruit Aric Jorgan again there was an option you could choose after he said that rank was granted after your disappearance. Don't know the exact one, but the outcome was that Aric greatly agrees when your trooper said Aric could have Havoc Squad as long there was back pay and that rank, or something like that.

Anyway, nice little extra now that my Legendary status has disappeared due to a bug

When you recruit Aric Jorgan again there was an option you could choose after he said that rank was granted after your disappearance. Don't know the exact one, but the outcome was that Aric greatly agrees when your trooper said Aric could have Havoc Squad as long there was back pay and that rank, or something like that.

Anyway, nice little extra now that my Legendary status has disappeared due to a bug

I have the Colonel title on my Trooper as well. I believe iCeNL is likely correct that the dialogue he mentions in Spoilers is probably necessary to unlock the title. I didn't receive a notification or anything when it happened. After Chapter XI was over, the title was simply available.

Edited by Sarathis

Well shazzbat.. I wish i had known that. Unfortunately i only have one trooper character.

/sigh.

Wait, what?!!

That is so wrong if true.

Hiding a title behind picking one specific line which may not fit our character, as well as not telling us it is even there is just completely wrong. So mass amounts of troopers will be stuck with the Major rank forever even though they are really colonels, great.

Edited by mudtech

Wait, what?!!

That is so wrong if true.

Hiding a title behind picking one specific line which may not fit our character, as well as not telling us it is even there is just completely wrong. So mass amounts of troopers will be stuck with the Major rank forever even though they are really colonels, great.

People keep saying they want choices to matter :)

One could argue the same about "Darth Nox" although that isn't a title as such.

And no, the trooper didn't get promoted to Colonel.

The memory of a hero sadly killed in action defending the Republic was promoted to Colonel. As far as the Republic is concerned, your trooper is dead.

One could argue the same about "Darth Nox" although that isn't a title as such.

And no, the trooper didn't get promoted to Colonel.

The memory of a hero sadly killed in action defending the Republic was promoted to Colonel. As far as the Republic is concerned, your trooper is dead.

Records can be altered, soldiers can be reinstated in active service duty. The Colonel is alive and well, it's KIA for lack of comunications.

Records can be altered, soldiers can be reinstated in active service duty. The Colonel is alive and well, it's KIA for lack of comunications.

Yes ... and no.

There is politics involved as well. Politically, it's less easy. Dead heroes are easy to deal with. You can put the words you like into their mouths (up to a point, of course, depending on who is still around), and you can make them disappear from the public mind merely by not talking about them.

Live heroes are harder to deal with, because they tend to want to be able to say their own words, and unless you assassinate them (physical or character assassination, your choice), you are stuck with them.

Dead heroes who weren't actually dead and who come back are even worse.

I'm sure that if the PC quietly showed up in the Coruscant Senate Plaza and loudly announced his return in front of a gaggle of reporters, there would be a political storm to end all political storms, but that if nobody stuck a knife in the PC's back, the posthumous promotion would be made real.

It's not like Havoc Squad or its leader was hated or something so your argument doesn't make sense.

Also, the KIA status was addressed because the military simply follows protocols. You go MIA for X amount of time (In my country you go from MIA to KIA after 5-10 years)? You're presumed dead, therefore KIA. But if you suddenly come back to life, you're treated like a longtime MIA POW, therefore reinstated in active duty.

I believe it does not depend on the conversation option you choose, cause I chose different option(from the one I think you are talking about, which is if I remember right - "I'm keeping the promotion") and I still got the title.

It's not like Havoc Squad or its leader was hated or something so your argument doesn't make sense.

Also, the KIA status was addressed because the military simply follows protocols. You go MIA for X amount of time (In my country you go from MIA to KIA after 5-10 years)? You're presumed dead, therefore KIA. But if you suddenly come back to life, you're treated like a longtime MIA POW, therefore reinstated in active duty.

The fact that the PC was not hated doesn't reduce the sense in my argument, because my argument is about what the politicians do with the memory / name / etc. of the fallen hero. They can pin all sorts of things on him - use his likeness / reputation to support things the PC would not have supported, that sort of thing - and his sudden return would throw all that into chaos. The PC being not-hated makes it *easier* (up to a point) for them to do this.

There is a similar issue in the laws and legal flux around photographs. I might take, say, George Lucas's picture as he walks down the street. In many places, if there isn't a sensitive building (secret military base, that sort of thing) in the background, and both he and I are standing on public land, there is nothing illegal about what I do, and he has no recourse in law against the act of taking the photograph.

Using that photo for anything other than showing off that I saw George Lucas is a different story. It is common for that to be legally inadvisable without what's called a "model consent form". This sets out the things the photographer may do with the picture, and shows the subject's consent to those uses. It might say, for example, that I may not promote sales of beef using the image of someone known to be a vegan.

Getting back to the trooper, I note in passing that in most jurisdictions there is no concept of libel / slander of the dead, or at least that it is not legally actionable. The politicians using the dead hero as a convenient mouthpiece for their agendas would be strongly obstructed in this by the return of the trooper, especially if he returns at the head of what amounts to a private army. At the rank of Colonel, an officer is moving into the edges of the twilight zone that is non-military politics, and when the officer in question is also a returned fallen hero, all bets are off.